MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

All guest advocates have email access so I imagine you’ll keep yours. Just check workday and if there’s one listed on your profile you get to keep it. Everything is switched over (95%) so whatever works now will likely still work going forward. Well besides SAP. Go cart goes live June 17th.

Crap, I better get my last SAP order in this week!

Crap, I better get my last SAP order in this week!
We got sent a file through email that we're already close to our spending limit for the year. So good luck!
I checked my stores report and were only like half way to budget but we are in year one of a new store so our budget is a lot higher than it normally would. We’ve spent 270% of our bag budget though 😂 paper bags are a lot more expensive than plastic.

Does anyone have the part number for the apperal tags we use when the item is missing a price point? Nor the UPC toll but the almost cardboard tag we put the UPC sticker on

I checked my stores report and were only like half way to budget but we are in year one of a new store so our budget is a lot higher than it normally would. We’ve spent 270% of our bag budget though 😂 paper bags are a lot more expensive than plastic.

Where do you find the store report for the budget? Really curious where my store is at on this.

Where do you find the store report for the budget? Really curious where my store is at on this.
I honestly don’t know the exact place because I tried to find it again to show my SD but couldn’t find it. It was either in the stores weekly or June addendum that linked to it. I just remember it brought me to financials on work bench and it had a bunch of reports. It had group, district and store specific budgets. Something like NCPE or NPCE report?

NPCE. It will also show the FFF budget (549 on the report, 7025 at the register) so you can see if your store is blowing that budget too. That is a big report and has lots of information in it so it doesn’t update as often as anyone would like. The numbers you’re seeing could just as easily be a day old, a month old, of last quarter.

I am too, but gotta say, I don't mind it. When I was first told about the change, I was told I would be the Presentation Expert. But then I was told, that role was a lot more restrictive, so I was switched to general merchandiser. I still get to do signing and whatever else I feel is important for the day. It's almost always up to me. Crossing my fingers it lasts. As well as the 40 hours a week!
For those that were under the old signing title on the schedule, is yours now under General Merchandiser?

Hey signing peeps, how do you print a sign by sign number from a MyDevice? In Store signing on the PC is no more and the Store Weekly lists specific signs to be printed.

I get a lot of Groceries labels mixed in with chemical signing. But that's always been an issue.

BTW, what happened to that one post about corporate coming to stores asking how they can improve the labeling on signing (bigger text, better stacking and sorting etc. Nothing has changed yet.

That was me, never heard a damn thing about it afterwards. So I'm guessing they decided it was too much effort or something, who knows.

NPCE. It will also show the FFF budget (549 on the report, 7025 at the register) so you can see if your store is blowing that budget too. That is a big report and has lots of information in it so it doesn’t update as often as anyone would like. The numbers you’re seeing could just as easily be a day old, a month old, of last quarter.
Thank you! Supposedly it’ll update monthly now but be more tracked quarterly by DSDs and such.

You’re welcome 😁

I use it to track our FFF budget to make sure we’re rolling over enough for Q4. I swear sometimes Leaders just requisition because they can.

Man. I'm so jealous that some of you still get to do signing. That was the first job I've ever had that I actually enjoyed day in and day out.

Now the most I get is an hour here and there to hang an overhead or break down the pallet. Oh, and I got to clean the fixture room and set up the signing cubbies for the DBOs.

Technically, I'm a Presentation Expert now. But I haven't had more than 2 shifts as that since it started. There have been next to no transition hours, apparently. Been doing a lot of Flex Fulfillment, which is cool. And some backing up of people's DBO areas, which I dislike.

I really hate that their solution for signing not getting done since eliminating the role is this cubby system. Like, I basically had that before - a very organized, well-labelled area. And I'd even follow up with people when things would get a week or more behind. And they still wouldn't do it. So the only way this system will work is if the TL/ETLs push their people to do it. Of course, this stupid system will get the credit, but in reality it's just giving signing the attention. Of course, I secretly hope it fails and they decide that maybe having one person dedicated to signing isn't such a bad idea after all.

Ok, several of you have mentioned this signing cubby. I get what it is for, but where did this communication come from? I clearly missed it or my leadership hasn't read it yet. My DTL asked me the other day how I sort the signing and I showed him how I separate out everything. He seemed fine with it.

Woo hoo! Got my label strip holders order in yesterday. Still waiting on a few other things though.

Yeah, the ones that we use in the coolers on the black shelves finally came in. The white endcap headers finally were orderable and same for the numbers so I was able to FINALLY finish that backlog. Finally the MAC stations have their proper aisle numbers!

Ok, several of you have mentioned this signing cubby. I get what it is for, but where did this communication come from? I clearly missed it or my leadership hasn't read it yet. My DTL asked me the other day how I sort the signing and I showed him how I separate out everything. He seemed fine with it.

We got an email from I think our GVP saying all stores in our group had to have this done by the end of next week. It included pretty detailed instructions and pictures of what they wanted. They said all stores will have to do this, take a picture to verify they've done it and some corporate dude will review all the photos. The "challenge" it was meant to solve was that many stores apparently aren't getting their signing done recently. (I wonder why!)

Essentially, they wanted 16-20 feet (the number fluctuated in the guide. Originally it said 12 feet of DBO cubbies and 4 feet for misc/generic signing, but the end said they wanted a picture of all "20 feet", so who knows..) of backroom type shelving in the fixture room color coded and one shelf per each DBO, including softlines areas like Boys, Girls, Infants, etc.

The color codes didn't match the existing signing labels, either. So I assume that will be changing soon.

In addition, every area will get a new acrylic signholder thing attached to one of their push u-boats. So one of chemicals u-boats, one of HBA, etc. Same goes for one softlines metro rack for each area (Boys, etc), only those are also supposed to get the current VMG attached as well.

So a team member will be set to break down the signing pallet. Anything for the current week (I guess this is going to be a thing now, because usually the pallets are always for the next week) will go directly onto that uboat for the area. Anything for the next week or beyond goes to the cubby, which each DBO is supposed to "shop" at least once a week to make sure they are current.

Hilariously, it says that any pallets for large transitions such as Back to School should just be set aside until they are needed. Without any mention of what happens to the non BTS stuff on that pallet in the meantime, or where we are supposed to put it.

It also said that there would be no additional payroll allocated to doing this project and if your fixture room was a disaster area, well you're gonna have to figure it out. (Paraphrasing that last part).

Of course, my store wasn't set up to have the normal backroom shelving in the fixture room, so we kind of had to make do with the racks that were already in there. It's pretty wonky, but at least our FR was clean etc. If you want, I can probably snag a copy of the email when I get back to work.

Anyone happen to know the part number for 7x11 holders and 4x11 holders (if those exist, i know there are special ones for the fridges)? Ours keep disappearing and I'm getting so pissed... I honesty feel people keep throwing them out.

Back