MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone hang the FOS hamburger yet? The thing is heavy and some wires snapped and now I'm afraid to hang the thing.I went off the 13 foot ceiling length. Should I try longer wires?

I used the sturdier new white ones instead of the clear spider clips. All the weight should be on the wave, go high as you can and hang the 4 clips, then gently lower the wave.

Do you guys put the summer core toppers on all the summer endcaps around the store. Didn't get any instructions about it nor is it tied to them but they keep sending it :oops:

i hung one of them today and used the lengths for the 14" ceiling even though i have 13" ceilings because it didn't look like it would hang right unless i did. it hung fine, though i was veeeeeeeeeery very very very careful going back down on the wave to make sure it wasn't just immediately dropping without a little support and i had one hand under it to kind of lift it up as i went down.

i struggled more with the father's day sign than i did with the hamburger. mine doesn't look right.
Thank you! Going to try this tomorrow. My PM also offered to help which is great!

would anyone happen to have the number for the grey/black (? i'm not sure what color it's supposed to be tbh) book easel fixture we use mostly in e&e for books and cds? or are they even available to order? i've been trying to find them on sap/gocart with no luck.

Anyone hang the FOS hamburger yet? The thing is heavy and some wires snapped and now I'm afraid to hang the thing.I went off the 13 foot ceiling length. Should I try longer wires?
If you don't feel comfortable with single hooks I've done double hooks on heavy stuff. Our entrance can get breezy so we have had signs swinging up there at times. Whatever you do its always better safe than sorry with something that heavy.

If you don't feel comfortable with single hooks I've done double hooks on heavy stuff. Our entrance can get breezy so we have had signs swinging up there at times. Whatever you do its always better safe than sorry with something that heavy.

Like, two wires per clip?

would anyone happen to have the number for the grey/black (? i'm not sure what color it's supposed to be tbh) book easel fixture we use mostly in e&e for books and cds? or are they even available to order? i've been trying to find them on sap/gocart with no luck.

Have you tried looking on any VMGs?

I can look when I work again on Saturday but try that.

yeah, all i can find on the vmgs are the white ones and those aren't available to order according to mysupport. 😢
I've got it! AX7518...However I'm asking for help in return. I need a part number to order red hand baskets.

Attachments

• 20190530_064754.jpg
    20190530_064754.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 25
I've got it! AX7518...However I'm asking for help in return. I need a part number to order red hand baskets.

you're the best, ty! i'm not in again til tomorrow morning but i can look for that number for you if no one gets to it before me.

I don’t have the number handy but you can order them with the stands and without the stands. They come on boxes of 10 and take an eternity to come in!! I forgot I even ordered them by the time they got to my store.

I was really happy to see our signing area super empty today. Too bad it was because our ETL-Log chucked all of our signing into the compactor, including things that were for upcoming POGs and our stash of gray circle backerpaper. Oh well.

lol wtf, what a waste.

Has anyone actually see the unicorn know as label strip holders come in lately? We ordered those elusive unicorns 2 weeks ago but I was thinking everyone else did too, so they could be back ordered.

Back