MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Has anyone actually see the unicorn know as label strip holders come in lately? We ordered those elusive unicorns 2 weeks ago but I was thinking everyone else did too, so they could be back ordered.
I got 2 cases on a supply pallet last week. It wasn't on the signing pallet I'd normally get ordered fixtures on. I ordered them about 2 weeks ago as well. Although I had also been promised some from a mysupport agent as well, so maybe it was from them....

I got 2 cases on a supply pallet last week. It wasn't on the signing pallet I'd normally get ordered fixtures on. I ordered them about 2 weeks ago as well. Although I had also been promised some from a mysupport agent as well, so maybe it was from them....

Ordered 2 weeks ago, I got 10 boxes come in the supply pallet few days ago.

Anyone know the part number for these? I saw them at another store and can’t find the part number. @signingminion maybe you can help since it was your store 😂

Attachments

• 912E9167-16BA-4FFC-91E8-AEBCCDDE578D.jpeg
    912E9167-16BA-4FFC-91E8-AEBCCDDE578D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
OMG! You guys are scaring me! I didn't know we would be losing access to SAP! Dang! Are they gonna pull our email access as well? I just had to order all the plexis sign holders for the new signing process for softlines metro carts and the Hardlines U-boats! In all honesty those fixtures cost a lot of money! My ETL Log. told me that we are now on a signing /fixture budget and we are already at around 80% for the year! LOL! I know I didn't spend that money!
I just got told that I would be a DBO in Stationary! (lame) They didn't even ask me to train any of the other DBOs about the displays or display signing! I had one TL tell me that they didn't think about me or the displays, LOL! Um....ok! Good Luck! I was nice to some of the new team members and showed them a little bit.

OMG! You guys are scaring me! I didn't know we would be losing access to SAP! Dang! Are they gonna pull our email access as well? I just had to order all the plexis sign holders for the new signing process for softlines metro carts and the Hardlines U-boats! In all honesty those fixtures cost a lot of money! My ETL Log. told me that we are now on a signing /fixture budget and we are already at around 80% for the year! LOL! I know I didn't spend that money!
I just got told that I would be a DBO in Stationary! (lame) They didn't even ask me to train any of the other DBOs about the displays or display signing! I had one TL tell me that they didn't think about me or the displays, LOL! Um....ok! Good Luck! I was nice to some of the new team members and showed them a little bit.

Those plexi sign holders are already breaking on us.

I want to know how they figure out the budget for fixtures/signing. When I get the monthly signing expense report emailed to me it's always WAY less money than what I have actually ordered in the month. I know any new signing/fixtures that weren't sent for a transition can be ordered within two weeks of the set date at no charge (at least up til now anyway), but if I order outside that window, what budget is it coming out of?

Maybe the transparency should work on their end to with this new way to order. Not just better visibility of orders and what is ordered, but also what budget it comes out of too. Maybe the budgets stores have been overspending in isn't the same one signing TMs have been led to believe they've been using. When you've never been told there is a budget, how the hell are you supposed to know when you've overspent!?

It would also be nice if they could auto-ship the supplies they know stores will need: labels, 3x2 signs, NLP flags, clearance stickers. They'd have better control over the supply and demand. Fuck, send out a survey to gauge how often stores guess they need certain items shipped? Weekly, monthly, quarterly?

I blame my DTL for any overspending we've had in the last couple years. When the DTL wants all 18" shelves swapped to 22" in the store, that adds up real quick. Or wants us to put pushers.... everywhere we can think of. Mmkay, not my money. And now look where we are. SMH

I would particularly enjoy having an (official) place where stores could post either A)things they are looking for or B)things they have extra of so that we could have a trade/transfer process that is more practical than ordering new and throwing away old.

Anyone know the part number for these? I saw them at another store and can’t find the part number. @signingminion maybe you can help since it was your store 😂
That's the pillow fixture used in Rear Seasonal for the ODL set which also has a left and right piece, that's just the front piece. I may still have the fixture number. When you took over at your store did they not have an old adjacency book? If not, I'll have to get back to you when I get to work.

Last edited:
That's the pillow fixture used in Rear Seasonal for the ODL set which also has a left and right piece, that's just the front piece. I may still have the fixture number. When you took over at your store did they not have an old adjacency book? If not, I'll have to get back to you when I get to work.
I’m at a brand new store that didn’t get crap for fixtures so whenever I’m near other stores I stop in and fixture shop and try to find the part number later 😂

Super efficient, though! All these years we had been actually putting up signing, who knew we could just chuck it in the trash instead?

Ever since the start of modernization at my store, signing doesn't matter. Neither does the truth apparently. I'm setting pets and an ETL was walking with our STL. She straight up lied to her. She said the transition team always changes all the capacities and sfc. I'm like ... I do? The STL said .... are you 100% sure. This was her chance to say no. Oh yeah she answered. So who cares about anything anymore. Wasting money on signing, lying to your boss on the salesfloor in front of people you are lying about, none of it matters.

anyone else getting signing in with the wrong damn dept/area labels? it's been happening to me a lot lately.

I get a lot of Groceries labels mixed in with chemical signing. But that's always been an issue.

BTW, what happened to that one post about corporate coming to stores asking how they can improve the labeling on signing (bigger text, better stacking and sorting etc. Nothing has changed yet.

So annoying. I’ll be freaking out about something missing to find out later that I had it all along with a completely random label on it🙄
All guest advocates have email access so I imagine you’ll keep yours. Just check workday and if there’s one listed on your profile you get to keep it. Everything is switched over (95%) so whatever works now will likely still work going forward. Well besides SAP. Go cart goes live June 17th.

Back