MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Isn't that already set up in the fixture room somewhere near the sign and label PC? I have it organized on shelves with the order numbers (made with the label maker) right below them, so when I look at the stacks I can see what is low that needs replenishment or needs ordering, although still not certain about not having access to ordering supplies soon.

I've kept past SAP orders so if no one beats me to it, I can post a list for you of the basics.
I’m at a new store so I have all the basics (I think) but that’s why I want a list so I can check and order anything I’m missing

i built one of the burgers today! wasn't too bad. i'm gonna build the last one on monday so i have them both ready to go for tuesday after memorial day ends.

in other news i'm concerned we might lose access to sap/gocart sooner than the end of july and it'll be on june 2nd instead when all the job titles officially change. anyone else think this might be the case?

Not necessarily. My job title change has already gone into effect with my merit raise and I still have SAP access. Working on placing orders to bulk out the things we will need regularly. Next up (now that it's apparently available again) label strip holders. I've seen a lot starting to get cracks from carts and vehicles running into and along them. Time to order 5+ cases!

Not necessarily. My job title change has already gone into effect with my merit raise and I still have SAP access. Working on placing orders to bulk out the things we will need regularly. Next up (now that it's apparently available again) label strip holders. I've seen a lot starting to get cracks from carts and vehicles running into and along them. Time to order 5+ cases!

that's a relief. i'm hoping i get to hold onto it until at least after we set bts, though obviously i would prefer to hold onto it permanently lol.

also, does anyone know if the single adhesive label holder isn't available to order rn? i tried looking today because i wanted to order more since we're running dangerously low and the number didn't pull up anything on gocart.

I’m at a new store so I have all the basics (I think) but that’s why I want a list so I can check and order anything I’m missing

I have everything organized and labeled with the part numbers just like @Go2TL It should be easy enough to compile a list or get everything labeled. I keep a ring binder with hard to find part numbers for reference; some of them are a list I wrote, some are the instructions just taped to a piece of paper, lol. But it works. Ring binder also contains copies of recent orders and any order that has a hard to find part number as well (with a note on it for what the part is for).

that's a relief. i'm hoping i get to hold onto it until at least after we set bts, though obviously i would prefer to hold onto it permanently lol.

also, does anyone know if the single adhesive label holder isn't available to order rn? i tried looking today because i wanted to order more since we're running dangerously low and the number didn't pull up anything on gocart.

They may have temporarily restricted it in anticipation of setting BTS soon. Damn. I wanted to get more those too.

DTL was in today critiquing a pog (amongst other things I'm sure). Heard him mention a missing outrigger. Was waiting for the SD to ask me about it so I could bluntly remind him I am no longer responsible for signing in a pog I did not set myself and he could order it himself since he will soon be one of the chosen few allowed the privilege. But I think he was getting too chewed out for him to worry about one outrigger today. 🤣

I thought they said we'd lose access in June or July, it was written somewhere 😯

I thought they said we'd lose access in June or July, it was written somewhere 😯

it said two different things. one vaguely mentions the end of july, but then there's some other mention about the beginning of june. i'd have to read it again to quote both sentences i'm thinking of but i'm not in again til monday.

How long do you guys hold onto old signing? We've missed some sets and it is starting to pile up.
We've given the salesfloor team 2 weeks tops. Unless they've talked to someone regarding plans they'll set in the next 2-3 days.

How long do you guys hold onto old signing? We've missed some sets and it is starting to pile up.

this is hard for me. usually 2 weeks but i swear every time i throw something out, it ends up setting the next day. i threw out a sign for something that had a set date for a month ago and probably not even two days later it ended up setting and i was being asked where the sign was fml.

this is hard for me. usually 2 weeks but i swear every time i throw something out, it ends up setting the next day. i threw out a sign for something that had a set date for a month ago and probably not even two days later it ended up setting and i was being asked where the sign was fml.

This. All the time. I got a bunch of frantic text messages on my day off asking me where some softlines signing was from April. Uh, in the bale two days ago. If it's from a month ago, why wasn't it set? All I'm doing now is deciding if I want to do a punch correction for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
i built one of the burgers today! wasn't too bad. i'm gonna build the last one on monday so i have them both ready to go for tuesday after memorial day ends.

in other news i'm concerned we might lose access to sap/gocart sooner than the end of july and it'll be on june 2nd instead when all the job titles officially change. anyone else think this might be the case?
My access has already been denied🤷🏻‍♀️

I scan it all and if it's got a pog attached to it, I keep it (set or not). If there's no pog, I toss it. I have not cleaned out the salesplan signing shelves in awhile so that is piling up with what I am sure is headers no longer needed. Softlines is on their own for keeping/tossing signing. Currently they a have giant pile in front of their shelving because they are so behind.

At that point I just be like never seen it, sorry, probably should order it

Guess I won't push for cleaning house on the backlog of signs yet then. We're in the middle of poorly transitioning into Modernization and Transition-wise everything is falling crumbling.

Anyone hang the FOS hamburger yet? The thing is heavy and some wires snapped and now I'm afraid to hang the thing.I went off the 13 foot ceiling length. Should I try longer wires?

Anyone hang the FOS hamburger yet? The thing is heavy and some wires snapped and now I'm afraid to hang the thing.I went off the 13 foot ceiling length. Should I try longer wires?

i hung one of them today and used the lengths for the 14" ceiling even though i have 13" ceilings because it didn't look like it would hang right unless i did. it hung fine, though i was veeeeeeeeeery very very very careful going back down on the wave to make sure it wasn't just immediately dropping without a little support and i had one hand under it to kind of lift it up as i went down.

i struggled more with the father's day sign than i did with the hamburger. mine doesn't look right.

Back