MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Do you have any idea the part number for the single frame fabric CES signs used in the kitchen corner? I’ve had a my support in for a week and no reply yet. I appreciate all the part numbers you’ve supplied for me!

Wish I could help you out on this one too. But I am not a corner kitchen store. Maybe @signingminion or @oath2order can find it for you as I think they both have the new corner set up.

Not yet, but my tl said the sd told him that we would just have to build them as we set. I'm sure that will work out fine.
No. No it won’t. 😢. We had the focals and 3 pallets of middle/bottoms/endcaps built ahead of time and still had to spend a significant amount of time building overnight.

You will be miserable if not done ahead.

No. No it won’t. 😢. We had the focals and 3 pallets of middle/bottoms/endcaps built ahead of time and still had to spend a significant amount of time building overnight.

What can one do? In the past, the last 12 years at 2 different stores, I've always built them ahead. But our sd has not the wherewithal to understand why it's important. I'm going to have 0 hours to sort anything ahead of time. So I'll LITERALLY be walking in Sunday night, pallets still wrapped in red plastic.

How many hours total do you think is needed to build all the shippers? I don't trust the hours given on the transition guide.

How many hours total do you think is needed to build all the shippers? I don't trust the hours given on the transition guide.
Gosh our old signing guy built those pallets the week before (probably around 20-24 hours) and spent at least 15 hours overnight this week building more. Two others of us overnight spent at least 4 hours each helping him.
Around 50 hours give or take.

How many hours did the guide say?

Do you have any idea the part number for the single frame fabric CES signs used in the kitchen corner? I’ve had a my support in for a week and no reply yet. I appreciate all the part numbers you’ve supplied for me!

No number as I remember mysupporting then to get them

If set date is 7/7 we won't get it till next week. A problem for some stores that are setting early this coming sunday

Yeah I haven't been in the loop for a while so I was mistaken. We are setting next week but the official set time is the following Sunday. We are just hoping to have it all set and ready so it can come directly off the truck to the shelves. Apparently we are getting a double, with the 2nd truck being nothing but BTS.

Does anyone know what the hours mentioned in the June addendum for non-pog signing and fixture room upkeep are listed as?

Apparently leadership at my store isn't seeing them on their breakdown so that's why they haven't been using them.

Does anyone know what the hours mentioned in the June addendum for non-pog signing and fixture room upkeep are listed as?

Apparently leadership at my store isn't seeing them on their breakdown so that's why they haven't been using them.

Our SD doesn't even believe it even though she read it. Still not scheduled any signing. I love how there is a giant pallet of signing and fixtures just chilling in the fire tunnel. The inbound tl came and found me on the salesfloor as I'm setting the laminate aisle to tell me she would have put it in the fixture room, but it was too tall to fit in the door. Lol. Let's see. Why us she telling me? Why not tell the SD?

Yeah I haven't been in the loop for a while so I was mistaken. We are setting next week but the official set time is the following Sunday. We are just hoping to have it all set and ready so it can come directly off the truck to the shelves. Apparently we are getting a double, with the 2nd truck being nothing but BTS.

My SD won't move any hours from 7/7 to 6/30 since it's a different month. That's how inflexible it is. So even though we can't even use all those hours to set, because we only have 3 or 4 people who know how to set properly now and only 2 of us well, we can't move them. Really? But all your workers have to be contortionists with our schedules? So dumb.

i can get the numbers for kitchen corner cse next time i'm in. i still have the box with the new signing sitting in the fixture room because i haven't had time to put them up yet.

15 is what i was told by my etl and tl though i can't remember where they got these numbers from. i know FOR SURE we're supposed to have 10 for non-pog signing because it states it in the july (not june) addendum, so definitely show them that.

Last edited:
15 is what i was told by my etl and tl though i can't remember where they got these numbers from. i know FOR SURE we're supposed to have 10 for non-pog signing because it states it in the july (not june) addendum, so definitely show them that.

Oh, I showed them. But still won't schedule it. The SD claims those hours are included in the adjacency calendar as part of the transition workload. I said .... no, they are specifically NON-POG signing. I see no that I wasted my breath.

Oh, I showed them. But still won't schedule it. The SD claims those hours are included in the adjacency calendar as part of the transition workload. I said .... no, they are specifically NON-POG signing. I see no that I wasted my breath.
They aren't included in the adjacency calendar but they ARE included in the "Presentation" workload hours in my time when they are writing the schedule

i can get the numbers for kitchen corner cse next time i'm in. i still have the box with the new signing sitting in the fixture room because i haven't had time to put them up yet.
I have the new signs and I found all the sign part number but I can’t find the single
Frame part number if you can find it that would be awesome

I have the new signs and I found all the sign part number but I can’t find the single
Frame part number if you can find it that would be awesome

so you just need the number for the actual frame, correct? i'll give it a look when i'm in on sunday.

i need to pre-build all my bts shippers next week and i'm crying a little bit thinking about where i'm going to store all of them. i'm hoping they'll let me store at least some of them in the conference room like i did last year because otherwise my fixture room is going to be non-functional.

i need to pre-build all my bts shippers next week and i'm crying a little bit thinking about where i'm going to store all of them. i'm hoping they'll let me store at least some of them in the conference room like i did last year because otherwise my fixture room is going to be non-functional.

Lucky to be getting to build them early.

Just do it and don't ask first. I've found it's much easier that way and half the time they don't notice anyway. Anytime I've asked to do something first, I've always received a "no" so I stopped asking.

Back