MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Well all of toys is done and there's nothing else for this week. Took care of the handful of Wild Fable / AND changes.

Our Umbro sign was moved and whoever moved it sucks.

It was apparently being held up by the suspension of disbelief.

szgfLqp.jpg

Sorry we have opalhouse. I can't believe it wasn't listed in the back of the vmg.
Thanks for checking I’m glad I didn’t just miss it. I ordered something on go cart that said BTC19 overhead but there were like 5 different ones with no description or picture so hope I got the right ine

I convinced my PPTL to take her birthday off, giving her a three-day weekend.

Her birthday is coincidentally the Monday that we have to pre-tie Halloween. My PPTL is hopefully ensuring I get a plano shift.

If somebody has a chance can you send pictures of the Disney perm and the misc games endcaps in toys? For the life of me I can't figure out how they are supposed to be set.

If somebody has a chance can you send pictures of the Disney perm and the misc games endcaps in toys? For the life of me I can't figure out how they are supposed to be set.

I can't speak to the games one because I haven't set it yet but the Disney one is just regular shelves and two sidecap shippers. I believe the games one is the same because I have at least one sidecap shipper for it as well.

I call dibs!!!! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Although.

This reminds me.

I'm a Kitchen Corner store, and we had a vendor come in to put up some new signage. It was some navigational thing that uses regular magnets.

It was just plain regular Target-branded signage. I'm wondering if the "new change" would be something along the lines of how stores do Coke and Pepsi: A vendor comes to each store and puts the NOP signage up, like overheads and directionals.

Inline stuff gets handled by gen. merch / specialties, of course.

Although.

This reminds me.

I'm a Kitchen Corner store, and we had a vendor come in to put up some new signage. It was some navigational thing that uses regular magnets.

It was just plain regular Target-branded signage. I'm wondering if the "new change" would be something along the lines of how stores do Coke and Pepsi: A vendor comes to each store and puts the NOP signage up, like overheads and directionals.

Inline stuff gets handled by gen. merch / specialties, of course.

I don't see that working well considering stores set on differents days/weeks and the amount of gas involved just to put up one or two overheads.

Heard signing is going to change in Q1. No details though. My VM just heard it from some corporate signing people who were in today. Oh, and they apparently know that signing is getting ignored at most stores now.

it'd be interesting but unsurprising if they brought the position back in some form or another. it's absolutely crazy to me how little you guys are getting in terms of hours. i'm still averaging around 20 hours a week just for signing, but it helps tremendously that both my etl and tl see signing as something that shouldn't be neglected lol.

I don't see that working well considering stores set on differents days/weeks and the amount of gas involved just to put up one or two overheads.
They already have vendors come in and do silly stuff like this all the time? They constantly come in just to put one shipper or a single branded sign. They are already wasting gas to do little things I can see it happening

Anyone know what the bottom channel of the F & B sidecaps is supposed to have in it? There is one for "craves and save" etc and then a smaller one underneath it that we currently have nothing in it.

My signing person is scheduled gm-pog and does signing whenever I don’t diehard need help getting pogs done. This week had 3 days to Dick around with old signs. I don’t mind when im good with pogs cause the fixture room stays clean. Leaders never follow up.

Uh oh! I don't have plano hours!

Guess I won't be setting the F&B endcap/sidecaps!

You shouldn't set them even with Plano hours. That's Market's problem, not plano's. Our Market TL dealt with all that since they are endcaps and left a flat (that is supposed to be used for the truck!) filled with garbage from the project. Guess where it's residing? In the fixture room.

Back