MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Some of it yeah, but wasn't it always? Doing signing under presentation doesn't cover sorting the pallets, maintaining the fixture room, hanging oh signing, etc. I get zero hours for all that.

So as of yesterday, my tl and finally decided that until I completely stop doing "extra" signing I get no hours for, our SD will never get it. From now on, I do nothing that I'm not scheduled for. No sorting pallets, no tidying up the mess people leave in the fixture room ... nothing.
There are just some behaviors of human nature that I will never understand.

You walk into a perfectly organized fixture room with a cart of crap that needs to be put away. You sort everything into the proper spots and walk out. Life is good. If every person did this, life would continue to be good and the fixture room would stay organized and sorted for all. Instead, one moron rolls a cart in and leaves it there, whether it's with the intention of returning to sort or not, and now the whole thing becomes a shitshow in a day or two. EVERY DAMN TIME. Just, why? Clean up after yourself, why is that so hard?

Like at the fitting room, when a guest rolls up and parks their cart right across the entryway, grabs their clothes and goes into a room and just leaves the cart right there so no one else can pass. Are you the only person in the world? WTF.

Some of it yeah, but wasn't it always? Doing signing under presentation doesn't cover sorting the pallets, maintaining the fixture room, hanging oh signing, etc. I get zero hours for all that.

So as of yesterday, my tl and finally decided that until I completely stop doing "extra" signing I get no hours for, our SD will never get it. From now on, I do nothing that I'm not scheduled for. No sorting pallets, no tidying up the mess people leave in the fixture room ... nothing.
You're supposed to get 10hrs a week at least for those things. I do sorting of pallets, fixture room maintenance, and non-ISM signing under Presentation. Presentation experts own all signing in my store, with some exceptions like A&A signing, and some tech/beauty things. We're trying to train the specialty areas to be more independent. Your TL needs to work with the ETL-HR, ETL-GM, and SD on where those hours are going and how they should be used.

You're supposed to get 10hrs a week at least for those things. I do sorting of pallets, fixture room maintenance, and non-ISM signing under Presentation. Presentation experts own all signing in my store, with some exceptions like A&A signing, and some tech/beauty things. We're trying to train the specialty areas to be more independent. Your TL needs to work with the ETL-HR, ETL-GM, and SD on where those hours are going and how they should be used.

Behahahahaha! My SD doesn't care. She just doesn't schedule any signing hours. My tl has been fighting it since it came out on the addendum.

We recently got a new ETL hr. Even she said to my tl that I was supposed to be scheduled those hours. But it doesn't matter if the SD won't let it happen.

So that's why my tl and I said no more doing signing on the side. As long as I struggle to "just keep up," I'll never see those hours. It'll have to get bad before it gets better.

Thanks for everyone's help! I don't feel so bad if nobody knows for certain. I just didn't want an F&B visit where we get to be made to feel stupid because we didn't know even though there were no directions.

My next question is if anyone still has the plastic signholder for the shoe endcaps? They have flexed them for so long we don't have any anymore. But now all of a sudden they need to set the ec's. So does anyone have a # by chance? Back in the day I could nose around SAP and find it but now alas...

My next question is if anyone still has the plastic signholder for the shoe endcaps? They have flexed them for so long we don't have any anymore. But now all of a sudden they need to set the ec's. So does anyone have a # by chance? Back in the day I could nose around SAP and find it but now alas...
Maybe this one?
The number on the clear plastic shoes end cap sign holder is 4-27-5400.

So these perm. sidecaps in market. Do they go on every endcap front and back? Shelves are only on left side?

How is everyone getting time to sort their signing pallet? Are you given dedicated hours? Whenever you have time between GM duties? Or just wait till a leader ask you to?

How is everyone getting time to sort their signing pallet? Are you given dedicated hours? Whenever you have time between GM duties? Or just wait till a leader ask you to?

I've been stealing hours from pog and flexible fulfillment since April. Whenever I have time, I'll squeeze it in. But no more.

Since my SD is bound to not follow the company guidelines as issued in the addendum, I'm not "finding" time anymore. My tl and I both agreed that ignoring signing us the only way to get this resolved. When the pallets start backing up and the fixture room gets completely trashed, maybe something will happen.

I used to have about 10 hrs a week for signing, but starting about 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any hours. The pallets just sit in the steel right now. Occasionally I will see someone on the WAVE rooting through it to find their stuff, but only once or twice.

I get two eight hour shifts a week specifically for signing, as well as any time left over after setting pogs on my plano shift days. It's been averaging around 20 hrs.

I get two eight hour shifts a week specifically for signing, as well as any time left over after setting pogs on my plano shift days. It's been averaging around 20 hrs.

That's what I don't get. Some stores do this, some do that, some the other. You'd think the district lead would ensure their stores were being run according to corporate.

Oh well, let'em crash and burn.

Back