MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

PresentationGuy

General Merchandise TL
Some of it yeah, but wasn't it always? Doing signing under presentation doesn't cover sorting the pallets, maintaining the fixture room, hanging oh signing, etc. I get zero hours for all that.

So as of yesterday, my tl and finally decided that until I completely stop doing "extra" signing I get no hours for, our SD will never get it. From now on, I do nothing that I'm not scheduled for. No sorting pallets, no tidying up the mess people leave in the fixture room ... nothing.
You're supposed to get 10hrs a week at least for those things. I do sorting of pallets, fixture room maintenance, and non-ISM signing under Presentation. Presentation experts own all signing in my store, with some exceptions like A&A signing, and some tech/beauty things. We're trying to train the specialty areas to be more independent. Your TL needs to work with the ETL-HR, ETL-GM, and SD on where those hours are going and how they should be used.

You're supposed to get 10hrs a week at least for those things. I do sorting of pallets, fixture room maintenance, and non-ISM signing under Presentation. Presentation experts own all signing in my store, with some exceptions like A&A signing, and some tech/beauty things. We're trying to train the specialty areas to be more independent. Your TL needs to work with the ETL-HR, ETL-GM, and SD on where those hours are going and how they should be used.
Behahahahaha! My SD doesn't care. She just doesn't schedule any signing hours. My tl has been fighting it since it came out on the addendum.

We recently got a new ETL hr. Even she said to my tl that I was supposed to be scheduled those hours. But it doesn't matter if the SD won't let it happen.

So that's why my tl and I said no more doing signing on the side. As long as I struggle to "just keep up," I'll never see those hours. It'll have to get bad before it gets better.

Sisyphus

Missy Grumpaloo
Thanks for everyone's help! I don't feel so bad if nobody knows for certain. I just didn't want an F&B visit where we get to be made to feel stupid because we didn't know even though there were no directions.

Sisyphus

Missy Grumpaloo
My next question is if anyone still has the plastic signholder for the shoe endcaps? They have flexed them for so long we don't have any anymore. But now all of a sudden they need to set the ec's. So does anyone have a # by chance? Back in the day I could nose around SAP and find it but now alas...

My next question is if anyone still has the plastic signholder for the shoe endcaps? They have flexed them for so long we don't have any anymore. But now all of a sudden they need to set the ec's. So does anyone have a # by chance? Back in the day I could nose around SAP and find it but now alas...
Maybe this one?
The number on the clear plastic shoes end cap sign holder is 4-27-5400.

So these perm. sidecaps in market. Do they go on every endcap front and back? Shelves are only on left side?

How is everyone getting time to sort their signing pallet? Are you given dedicated hours? Whenever you have time between GM duties? Or just wait till a leader ask you to?

How is everyone getting time to sort their signing pallet? Are you given dedicated hours? Whenever you have time between GM duties? Or just wait till a leader ask you to?
I've been stealing hours from pog and flexible fulfillment since April. Whenever I have time, I'll squeeze it in. But no more.

Since my SD is bound to not follow the company guidelines as issued in the addendum, I'm not "finding" time anymore. My tl and I both agreed that ignoring signing us the only way to get this resolved. When the pallets start backing up and the fixture room gets completely trashed, maybe something will happen.

Sevens

Exiled Signing Wanderer
I used to have about 10 hrs a week for signing, but starting about 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any hours. The pallets just sit in the steel right now. Occasionally I will see someone on the WAVE rooting through it to find their stuff, but only once or twice.

turncloak

Signing
I get two eight hour shifts a week specifically for signing, as well as any time left over after setting pogs on my plano shift days. It's been averaging around 20 hrs.

I get two eight hour shifts a week specifically for signing, as well as any time left over after setting pogs on my plano shift days. It's been averaging around 20 hrs.
That's what I don't get. Some stores do this, some do that, some the other. You'd think the district lead would ensure their stores were being run according to corporate.

Oh well, let'em crash and burn.

I love signing so I’ll always let my team take care of it and I’ll help
But if they don't give you time to do it ... I can't be scheduled flexible fulfillment and take time to break down signing pallets. So if no one is scheduled to do it, who does it? My guess would be people in the store whose hours don't count, i.e. salaried. Go for it.

There's a difference between doing signing you are scheduled to do, like setting a pog and doing the accompanying signing, and being expected to do things like sort the pallets, hang oh signing, and maintain the fixture room.

I'll be picking an opu and someone will randomly stop me and ask me to do some random signing task. Um, no.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
So these perm. sidecaps in market. Do they go on every endcap front and back? Shelves are only on left side?
Not sure if they’re set the same everywhere but we have them front and back. The sidecaps on the front are on the left and the ones on the back are on the right so they’re on the same valley. The side caps only go on the side where the base decks stick out a little more on the left or right. Some of them have just the new header and not the side cap.

Side caps should be located too. Not! I did located several sidecaps after the vendor asked me. Push/pull their side caps for them. Located everything else.

My signing guy is now scheduled under gm with me. With either pog as a tag or a dept If there are no pog hours. He just sorts it when it arrives unless he’s knee deep in helping me set something.

Since signing is not a thing anymore and it falls into “presentation” hours. how do u guys differentiate your signing hours and presentation hours? (Besides using the adjacency calendar) My hours don’t get shift tagged are yours?

Since signing is not a thing anymore and it falls into “presentation” hours. how do u guys differentiate your signing hours and presentation hours? (Besides using the adjacency calendar) My hours don’t get shift tagged are yours?
The July addendum states that there are supposed to be 10 hours per week scheduled for signing.

Your SD, like mine, seems to be ignoring that fact.

Up til now, I've made it work. But no longer. If my SD can't be bothered to respect me enough to give me the hours corporate says to give me, I can't be bothered to "fit" in signing when we have pallets and uboats of product to push.