MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I don't think we have enough staff on hand to go over night 3 nights in a row. - to actually make it worth a damn.

It's a great idea on paper.

🤷

There’s technically no set number for plano TMs and you should also have your seasonal DBOs

That's assuming the seasonal DBO's know how to set.

And I have to say, no way can we set in one night. Nope. Let's use BTS scan example.

I wasn't allowed to build anything early or do any signing early. We just don't have the trained tm's to accomplish this in one night. We can set it wrong. I'm fine with that. But I can't set and train at the same time, especially if we are in a time crunch.

Toy setting dragged on forever cause we tried to set and fill. Was a disaster cause there was so much push. Push wasn’t finished but to stay on track we set the next day : rinse and repeat. By weeks end: the aisles we set were a mess and there were 8 pallets of push still in the BR.
I’m hoping to set seasonal 100% before we try to push anything and have some huge push parties.

Toy salvage this week : we had 4 aisles filled - wondering what to put in that space now ? Aisles were condensed and pogs don’t re-set for a month.

Toy setting dragged on forever cause we tried to set and fill. Was a disaster cause there was so much push. Push wasn’t finished but to stay on track we set the next day : rinse and repeat. By weeks end: the aisles we set were a mess and there were 8 pallets of push still in the BR.
I’m hoping to set seasonal 100% before we try to push anything and have some huge push parties.

Toy salvage this week : we had 4 aisles filled - wondering what to put in that space now ? Aisles were condensed and pogs don’t re-set for a month.

This sounds exactly how our toy set went too. We just finished up the pallets last week. We had also tried updating SFQ/SFC as we set too which slowed us down significantly. Still haven't set any of our toy flat area though, but I did sweep back an entire pallet of one DPCI in that area for a toy line that does not sell well. 16 helicopters that no one wants are not taking up space in backroom at least!

I don't see the point of setting a pog and changing all the capacities and sfq's if it gets overpushed anyway.

Whenever I set a pog, sure enough, if I go back a week later, it's predictably overpushed. No one follows up if I say anything.

So I've decided not to waste anymore time doing this. If corporate can't get the capacities right and the dbo's overpush their areas even if I change them, why does it matter.

I don't see the point of setting a pog and changing all the capacities and sfq's if it gets overpushed anyway.

Whenever I set a pog, sure enough, if I go back a week later, it's predictably overpushed. No one follows up if I say anything.

So I've decided not to waste anymore time doing this. If corporate can't get the capacities right and the dbo's overpush their areas even if I change them, why does it matter.

Couldn't agree more. I was staying ahead of the SD and DD who would have chewed our asses out if we hadn't done it already. It was going to be bad enough trying to explain why we couldn't set and fillback all of toys in one week as it was. This was at least one thing we could say was done.

Last edited:
Anyone know who TECHNICALLY is responsible for the setting and maintenance of the HI flat and Hearth and Hand?

Anyone know who TECHNICALLY is responsible for the setting and maintenance of the HI flat and Hearth and Hand?

No clue. I always get to do it though because my TL knows it's one of my fave areas. And she kind of considers me the domestics/furn/decor DBO even though I am never scheduled there anymore.

Not sure who actually got the adjacency payroll hours to get it done but I was told we were to work together on H&H. Group effort of a DBO/Plano/VM. DBO and Plano tm’s spend 4 hours to tie, drop batch, print/place headers, pull, de-trash and place product somewhere. VM walks by, rearranges a few things and moves on.
VM gets all the credit for “doing it” because she spent 10 minutes shifting things to match the picture. WE could have done THAT part WITHOUT her.
She acts like she doesn’t know how to use a box cutter and is too busy to dispose of trash. Whatever.

Not sure who actually got the adjacency payroll hours to get it done but I was told we were to work together on H&H. Group effort of a DBO/Plano/VM. DBO and Plano tm’s spend 4 hours to tie, drop batch, print/place headers, pull, de-trash and place product somewhere. VM walks by, rearranges a few things and moves on.
VM gets all the credit for “doing it” because she spent 10 minutes shifting things to match the picture. WE could have done THAT part WITHOUT her.
She acts like she doesn’t know how to use a box cutter and is too busy to dispose of trash. Whatever.
The adjacencies hours still fall under salesfloor as they are SPLs (pretty sure they still are) so I assume some DBO is supposed to do them. The VM is supposed to maintain them visually and help with the original set

How the fuck is there a DBO for that? The VM should already BE the DBO for that.

I'm thinking if I don't start getting any signing hours by 9/9, I'm going to step down as the signing tm. Let someone else deal with it. I'll just do pog. It's ridiculous that two weeks of signing skids have not been broken down. No candle signing done. Such shit.

Doing an overnight early set for Halloween in a small format store. 2 overnights,lol,even though our pog team is still intact and veterans and I do the signing, this is going to be a challenge. Gonna start trashing bts yellow shit and condense and get a jump on it this wk.

Company wide?
Yeah it was announced like a month ago but I thought the deadline was couple weeks ago? My OD sent a follow up reminder a couple weeks ago to make sure it was done. I thought we already updated and are live for the new system? We’ve been pulling price changes from the mydevice for a couple months now.

Yeah it was announced like a month ago but I thought the deadline was couple weeks ago? My OD sent a follow up reminder a couple weeks ago to make sure it was done. I thought we already updated and are live for the new system? We’ve been pulling price changes from the mydevice for a couple months now.

Oh yeah we’ve been pulling on the mydevice for a bit now too. I thought it was something new to that.

It is something other than pulling PC from Move. PC is migrating back into myWork tomorrow (maybe under myTasks?) and the workload will be weekly, not daily. I believe it also will be broken up by area instead of block. So just Beauty instead of A1-A14 for example. Probably broken up by aisle within Beauty though. Purely guessing on my part as I haven't had time to actually look into what's changing.

I've got 3 pallets, 2 small and 1 medium, just sitting still wrapped. One from 2 weeks ago, one from last week, and one came today. So, the very next time I hear any fool say, "Where is such and such sign. It needs to be up. It's important." I'm going to.point it that .... No, it's not important. You may think it's important. Those folks above you may be pressuring you to believe it's important. But it's not. It's literally compactor material. Because no one is going to go back through a wrapped pallet from 2 weeks ago.

That's the management I'm dealing with. They'd rather let the signing sit still wrapped them give me one hour of signing to break it down.

Back