MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

<This! Good Advice Grey dot! Just to reinforce what she said, NEVER refuse a signing pallet & don't even bother trying to file a damage report. You won't gain a thing.
Just do as Grey dot suggested and request the kits by the online packing list. If you do it immediately, you may get the damaged parts in pretty quickly.

But, don't judge a box by its cover. Once you open it, you may find the pieces aren't as bad as the outside box would lead you to believe....

Oh! I just remembered what I wanted to ask... Did anyone else have a problem with the Green bins for the Trend run?? Team put them out, but nothing fit within the dividers. I ended up taking all the dividers out because it was that bad.

Think there will be a revision??

Not sure, but when these went out I checked the little diagrams on the instruction sheet and what was supposed to go into each compartment in the shipper, and not a single one of them completely lined up.

Has anyone else been struggling on the shippers with the softlines shippers and then the baking focal with the clips all being slightly off in alignment and taking f o r e v e r to get aligned to go in? In a line of three the middle one will be off. or the front clip aligns before the rear (this seems backwards to me?). IDK. I just noticed I was having problems on these where there never were these kinds of issues in years past.

Yea, pretty much all of them don't match.
I gave up worrying about it when I realized that every single focal and trend run was going to have bins this year, figured just getting them built was enough.

Oh! I just remembered what I wanted to ask... Did anyone else have a problem with the Green bins for the Trend run?? Team put them out, but nothing fit within the dividers. I ended up taking all the dividers out because it was that bad.

Think there will be a revision??

we had similar ones with another set. they left the dividers out of ours. the ones that folded into the box were there, but the adjustable ones weren't. we tossed the shippers on the bottom row and just kept the downswept ones.

Not sure, but when these went out I checked the little diagrams on the instruction sheet and what was supposed to go into each compartment in the shipper, and not a single one of them completely lined up.

Has anyone else been struggling on the shippers with the softlines shippers and then the baking focal with the clips all being slightly off in alignment and taking f o r e v e r to get aligned to go in? In a line of three the middle one will be off. or the front clip aligns before the rear (this seems backwards to me?). IDK. I just noticed I was having problems on these where there never were these kinds of issues in years past.

major issues with the softlines one popping apart and the back not lining up. ended up using some zip ties and creativeness. hope it doesn't collapse.

major issues with the softlines one popping apart and the back not lining up. ended up using some zip ties and creativeness. hope it doesn't collapse.

Well, that grey shipper with the bars was an issue for me. Easiest one, right? No, I put in the short bars backwards. Once I realized my error (long bar wouldn't line up), I couldn't fix it. Those caps DO NOT come off! So that is my mickeymoused piece this year.

Todays work is building Christmas trees. Can't decide if I should pre decorate the Rockefeller tree. Probably not.

I didn't. This way when they move it onto the table none of the ornaments fall off and break. I'll decorate it once it is set. Going to have to use the wave to get to the top.

Finished building everything for next week except for the boys and girls Fruit of the Loom shipper which I haven't gotten in yet.

I thought this week was big with 68 hours but the week of 11/4 has 90. Most of the hours are for hanging overheads around the store.

I thought this week was big with 68 hours but the week of 11/4 has 90. Most of the hours are for hanging overheads around the store.

hahahahahaha

oh man.

i didn't even check that yet. 90. HILARIOUS. and the sad thing is i will get it all done without even asking for help. but really, please do question my ability to do my job when one of your endcaps is missing a sign. or something stupid that someone probably just threw away. 90hrs?! i love it.

good thing i already requested being overnight for that week simply because i will need the wave my entire shift. hopefully they are all in working order by then..........

Well, that grey shipper with the bars was an issue for me. Easiest one, right? No, I put in the short bars backwards. Once I realized my error (long bar wouldn't line up), I couldn't fix it. Those caps DO NOT come off! So that is my mickeymoused piece this year.

one of my caps came in just hanging by a thread. i foam-taped it back on, but lo-and behold as soon as i put it in it fell immediately off. since i didn't know there was a replacement insert piece for the back mine is assembled right but there is space between the hole in the long bar and the metal node on the top. perhaps with the product they will weight themselves together.

we only have a handful of tree displays in the store. i am pretty sure they will be my "team" project for plano. that will give me time to put the overheads over rear seasonal without anyone trying to work underneath me.

p.s.
also - my halloween house is still going strong - even with having used only the prescribed amount of hangers on it. however, i fully expect it to completely snap when i take it down

I built the baking fixture today.
It must have been put together by someone with a hangover because four of the clips were installed backwards.

I built one of the sl trees, (all 108 steps) and opened the second one to find that one of the trays was completely destroyed, hardware missing and 2 other pieces ripped. I placed an order, but I'm not holding my breathe that I'll get it in time.

I think the hours I got this week was (36) was unreasonable what with 2 more pallets of 11/4 shippers arriving.... I am praying I can build everything before Friday.......

I built one of the sl trees, (all 108 steps) and opened the second one to find that one of the trays was completely destroyed, hardware missing and 2 other pieces ripped. I placed an order, but I'm not holding my breathe that I'll get it in time.

I think the hours I got this week was (36) was unreasonable what with 2 more pallets of 11/4 shippers arriving.... I am praying I can build everything before Friday.......

You're lucky to get 36. I only got 30 hours this week.

Built everything for 11/4 so far. Hopefully nothing else comes in off the truck. The trees were not too bad to build. Once I got the first one built the rest were pretty straight forward. The stands that go on the racks are easy too. Going to start hanging overheads tomorrow. This way it will be done and I will be out of the way the day they set rear. Plus I have to go around and put up all the price match signs on the 1st.

You're lucky to get 36. I only got 30 hours this week.

Built everything for 11/4 so far. Hopefully nothing else comes in off the truck. The trees were not too bad to build. Once I got the first one built the rest were pretty straight forward. The stands that go on the racks are easy too. Going to start hanging overheads tomorrow. This way it will be done and I will be out of the way the day they set rear. Plus I have to go around and put up all the price match signs on the 1st.

Are you sure you want to get ahead that much? You may be screwing yourself. Next week, I have 96 signing hours and if I put myself that far ahead, they would take them away so fast.....................

Are you sure you want to get ahead that much? You may be screwing yourself. Next week, I have 96 signing hours and if I put myself that far ahead, they would take them away so fast.....................

Since I only have 4 days this week and our plano team is behind which means I'm probably going to have to help them our next week, I'm trying to get ahead as much as I can. Next week they only gave me 35 hours.

Story of my life. Our team is always behind and I am putting off my maintenance to help them.

I'm going to spend next weeks hours, hanging, building bins and filling them ahead of time. Today we are doing rear seasonal, and I'm hoping they want me to do the tables as all those trees, and bins are taking up alot of space I need to build the overheads...

Yeah, I had to make sure I didn't get too far ahead since I completely ran out of space. The worst part is - the team treats the things that I build as like "gimme" pogs, and does them all at once! which is like - hey guys, you need to either take them as I build them or spread it out. They clean me out, but wonder where the rest is without giving me time to build anything else. Not a single softlines shipper went out yet. I finally just evicted them today to get some space back- we'll see if they make it to the floor. Wrap stands are all built - but I told the team there has to be a 'tube-party' since i might die from the monotony and I'd have no where to store them assembled anyway (a cage maybe, but knowing my store they would probably compact it when im gone). Tomorrow is the night of overheads for me. Hopefully they aren't too bad - haven't cracked a box yet. Priority to get Rear done before the team gets over there. One focal down - no room for the other yet. Next week will be interesting. hope all the Waves are in working order. Or that some things can be spider-poled up. Hopefully my 90hr workload will go faster. I have put off my paperwork for about 3 weeks now because of time crunch. Not only that, but I see the endcap signing is getting stagnant in the back so I will have to go through that at some point, and a lot of little POGs they are adding in aren't getting enough attention since I don't see any of those boxes moving out either.

Finished setting Christmas today. Now I have room to store stuff again. Decorating the tree sucked today. Felt like I was there driving back and forth on the wave for my whole shift hanging ornaments.

Finished setting Christmas today. Now I have room to store stuff again. Decorating the tree sucked today. Felt like I was there driving back and forth on the wave for my whole shift hanging ornaments.

Whoever decided it was a great idea to put an enormous Christmas tree on top of a table, is sadistic. I did do what the early set notes said, and decorated the top first (using one of our tree stands) but even then it was sooo heavy and I had to really lean way over the side of the wave to insert it. I still think I missed a plug somewhere too...

THEN, I open the last box and it is filled with little more of every color. FORGET that! I just brought it to HR to decorate the breakroom tree.........Tomorrow I am going to shoot for at least hanging the entrance and helping the team button down all the wrapping tubes..

I didn't get a chance to start pre building the overheads for next week and I don't think I'm even going to try. Might just be easier for my helper to be building while I hang, if it takes a couple days, so be it...

I'm completely worn out....

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to start pre building the overheads for next week and I don't think I'm even going to try. Might just be easier for my helper to be building while I hang, if it takes a couple days, so be it...

I'm completely worn out....

Overheads are easy to do. Should be able to do it in one day with a helper.

Back