MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The only FOS signing we have are the door clings. We just have the pencil directionals as overheads.

Any tricks to putting the BTS door clings on without the white stuff that develops? It will probably go away in a few weeks from drying but it looks horrible.

Huh. We got no specifics as to where to put the directionals, so we hung them at the corners of the racetrack pointing toward Seasonal.

In addition to the overhead directionals, you should have also received an overhead for seasonal in a separate box.

I have not seen any FOS overhead for BTS though, just the door clings.

Has anyone ever had it where the entire label box that your store got sent contains labels for a different store? Our labels for this upcoming week 8/30 are all meant for a different store and some planograms do not match ours. I am just not sure what to do in this instance.

Has anyone ever had it where the entire label box that your store got sent contains labels for a different store? Our labels for this upcoming week 8/30 are all meant for a different store and some planograms do not match ours. I am just not sure what to do in this instance.
Never bot gotten mine, but I’ve gotten another stores box before as well as my own. Made sure to mail it to them because I know I’d be pissed if I didn’t get mine.

@Sarakiel

Trick or treat candy strips in mini are missing some labels on reverse side. I had about 10 missing labels for 2 of the TOT/Spooky Harvest POGs I did. This is nothing new, but usually I'm only missing 1 or 2. Any way to prevent this for future strips? It tends to happen on reverse side with labels placed on the very left edge of the POG.

Edit: I think what's happening is that since reverse labels can be at the very end of the POG, if the merchandise is beyond it's limited footage space (let's say 4ft), the label will be cut off and doesn't print.

Last edited:
Is any store having a problem getting the 7x11 sign holders in? I have been asking for about 2 months to get some since we do not have enough. Would love to know where the went because at one time we have more than enough.

Is any store having a problem getting the 7x11 sign holders in? I have been asking for about 2 months to get some since we do not have enough. Would love to know where the went because at one time we have more than enough.

They may not be orderable right now as they will be sending out the Q4 push of them soon. They break very easily from constantly being put up/down and flipped out of the way by guests grabbing items off the shelf behind them.

@Sarakiel

Trick or treat candy strips in mini are missing some labels on reverse side. I had about 10 missing labels for 2 of the TOT/Spooky Harvest POGs I did. This is nothing new, but usually I'm only missing 1 or 2. Any way to prevent this for future strips? It tends to happen on reverse side with labels placed on the very left edge of the POG.

Edit: I think what's happening is that since reverse labels can be at the very end of the POG, if the merchandise is beyond it's limited footage space (let's say 4ft), the label will be cut off and doesn't print.

Yeah, there is something really goofy going on as of recent with the format conversion from raw notepad data to PDF images that the strips are then printed out on then. We've noticed it and have sent it up to the Plano team for them to take a look at as we don't directly have control with how the conversion works or behaves. On a side note, the strips that are getting to stores this week, please, please check ALL strips (48 and 60") to make sure they are correct. There was a file corruption that wasn't identified until about 1/4th of the stores were shipped out. What was happening was the store number in the color portion of the strip WAS NOT matching up to the store number on the end of the strip with the POG number. If you catch this, please send it up right away so we can get the correct strips fully reprinted and shipped out (only a handful of stores were affected, but still not acceptable in terms of what happened systematically).

On a positive note, strips for the fourteen new stores joining us in October have been printed and are awaiting for their planoramas to begin.

- A

Last edited:
Yeah, there is something really goofy going on as of recent with the format conversion from raw notepad data to PDF images that the strips are then printed out on then. We've noticed it and have sent it up to the Plano team for them to take a look at as we don't directly have control with how the conversion works or behaves. On a side note, the strips that are getting to stores this week, please, please check ALL strips (48 and 60") to make sure they are correct. There was a file corruption that wasn't identified until about 1/4th of the stores were shipped out. What was happening was the store number in the color portion of the strip WAS NOT matching up to the store number on the end of the strip with the POG number. If you catch this, please send it up right away so we can get the correct strips fully reprinted and shipped out (only a handful of stores were affected, but still not acceptable in terms of what happened systematically).

On a positive note, strips for the fourteen new stores joining us in October have been printed and are awaiting for their planoramas to begin.

- A

Only if there were some kind of electronic label that could get rid of any problems and not to mention environmental issues with printing everything on paper that will be thrown away every week, let alone save on payroll with automatically update prices and sales, and make setting POGs much quicker, oh wait.

Only if there were some kind of electronic label that could get rid of any problems and not to mention environmental issues with printing everything on paper that will be thrown away every week, let alone save on payroll with automatically update prices and sales, and make setting POGs much quicker, oh wait.

Nah screw that... It may seem efficient for price updates but the cost to start and replace missing electronic labels and the time it takes to adjust them compared to switching out strips. We're not the same as Best Buy. Save on payroll = less hours for an already struggling plano team. I can only see it work for displays like TVs , bikes, strollers etc.

- A
I really appreciate the info!! Info like that usually doesn't make it all the way down to the ones who really need to know it!
Thanks!

Has anyone ever set halloween blow up displays? How the hell do I attach the huge ghost to a gondola to stop it from falling onto the floor? Ours is isn't on the back wall this year

Back