MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Has anyone ever set halloween blow up displays? How the hell do I attach the huge ghost to a gondola to stop it from falling onto the floor? Ours is isn't on the back wall this year

Don't they normally just attach to the gondola with canoe clips using the hole on the black flap?

If you want it more secure you can also use those security furniture display fixture and ziptie it.

Don't they normally just attach to the gondola with canoe clips using the hole on the black flap?

If you want it more secure you can also use those security furniture display fixture and ziptie it.
The huge ghost does not have a hole from what I see in the black flap, unless I was looking at the wrong flap,
AFnyWFU.png
This is the guy I am talking about

The huge ghost does not have a hole from what I see in the black flap, unless I was looking at the wrong flap,
AFnyWFU.png
This is the guy I am talking about

Sometimes you can't see the hole because it's just a tiny slit on a black square flap/tab, you have to feel for it. Otherwise you can just drill your own hole.

I haven't set Halloween yet to say for sure though.

I am setting this pog tomorrow and can let you know what I come up with for securing this display.

Last year this display had loops about halfway up and I used the furniture brackets.

I am setting this pog tomorrow and can let you know what I come up with for securing this display.

Last year this display had loops about halfway up and I used the furniture brackets.
I set it today but haven’t been able to find my displays so I’m no help :/

I saw the loops but the problem is they want the display on a shelf that’s set in notch 10, which then puts the loops way above the top of the gondola/pegboard, My fellow TM thought of maybe either using zip ties or the stake string, and maybe tying it to the power pole

I saw the loops but the problem is they want the display on a shelf that’s set in notch 10, which then puts the loops way above the top of the gondola/pegboard, My fellow TM thought of maybe either using zip ties or the stake string, and maybe tying it to the power pole

If I remember right, I skipped using the shelf and placed it on the basedeck last year (pretty sure I had somewhere else to place the box stock in the next section). And I definitely used the stake string with the furniture brackets. More so to keep the display from tipping over while inflated. Based on what you said, I think I see a workable solution and will troubleshoot it tomorrow & take a pic.

@Alexbegt

IMG_20200915_114202510.jpg

This is what I went with. I do foresee a problem when it re-inflates tomorrow morning at store open because it doesn't want to fully inflate on its own. I did not have this problem last year when it was along the wall.

Trying it the power pole if it is close enough sounds like a good idea to help with proper inflation. Mine is 6 feet away so I won't be doing that.

@Alexbegt

View attachment 11451

This is what I went with. I do foresee a problem when it re-inflates tomorrow morning at store open because it doesn't want to fully inflate on its own. I did not have this problem last year when it was along the wall.

Trying it the power pole if it is close enough sounds like a good idea to help with proper inflation. Mine is 6 feet away so I won't be doing that.

I wonder if using overhead wires would work, or even better the adjustable steel wire ones if I have any left.

I wonder if using overhead wires would work, or even better the adjustable steel wire ones if I have any left.

I thought of that (or using fishing wire) but then what happens when the display needs to be sold? You can't guarantee there will be someone available to bring the wave out to detach it from the ceiling. And with the lack of intelligence I see in many TMs, I can totally see one of them not noticing it's attached up top and ripping a ceiling tile down or something. Or worse, a bored guest messing with it.

I thought of that (or using fishing wire) but then what happens when the display needs to be sold? You can't guarantee there will be someone available to bring the wave out to detach it from the ceiling. And with the lack of intelligence I see in many TMs, I can totally see one of them not noticing it's attached up top and ripping a ceiling tile down or something. Or worse, a bored guest messing with it.

Technically were not suppose to sell air blown displays but it will get sold anyways.

Back