MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Dear Signing HQ people,

A bit if a rant but why is Target cheaping out these last few years by not including hardwares with signing?!

I just finished furniture transition and none of the signing come with sign holders, viking clips, display tag attachment, etc.

I have to mickey mouse double sided tape everywhere.

If Target can spend billions on a remodel they can spend money on plastic hardware!

/End rant

Dear Signing HQ people,

A bit if a rant but why is Target cheaping out these last few years by not including hardwares with signing?!

I just finished furniture transition and none of the signing come with sign holders, viking clips, display tag attachment, etc.

I have to mickey mouse double sided tape everywhere.

If Target can spend billions on a remodel they can spend money on plastic hardware!

/End rant

Has it occurred to you that maybe because of the pandemic the materials used to make that plastic hardware is being diverted to the production of higher demand items?

Don't get me wrong, I hate not having the necessary pieces to finish a set properly too.

Has it occurred to you that maybe because of the pandemic the materials used to make that plastic hardware is being diverted to the production of higher demand items?

Don't get me wrong, I hate not having the necessary pieces to finish a set properly too.

I don't think it's that at all. It's Target cutting cost/keeping a tighter spending. Exactly why they took away TM/TL ability to order stuff from gocart. This started months before Covid and it's not just plastic, it's backer paper, and other stuff. Remember how they would always include canoe clips for backer paper? They rarely send those anymore since they introduced neo clips, which they don't even send either.

I don't think it's that at all. It's Target cutting cost/keeping a tighter spending. Exactly why they took away TM/TL ability to order stuff from gocart. This started months before Covid and it's not just plastic, it's backer paper, and other stuff. Remember how they would always include canoe clips for backer paper? They rarely send those anymore since they introduced neo clips, which they don't even send either.

They don't need to send many neoclips because those stay up all the time. And with the two giant cases of extras they sent when they rolled out you wouldn't need to reorder often.

They needed to reign in who had the ability to order. Too many people ordering whatever they wanted adds up quick. My DTL had us spending thousands on his whims.

Yes, the 7x11 signs/holders fit into the slots on the grey signholder that faces the main aisle. And they are specific to that endcap only.
Do you possibly know the part number to any and all of that? I'm sorry, I guess I'm missing those fixtures and they were never installed during remodel.

Yes, the 7x11 signs/holders fit into the slots on the grey signholder that faces the main aisle. And they are specific to that endcap only.
There's a grey sign holder that faces the main aisle!?! Our store has never had that so I always just tape the 7x11 right to the support for the endcap.

Did anyone get shippers for the backside of the mini seasonal table? Specifically for swim goggles and floaties. Do they come with the merch or in signing boxes??

We found a few with signing : 2 large under table ones, 3 for the top, all for cart and the one with holes for inline pin wheels.
Still looking for others though - (especially the goggles one is needed).

Does anyone else's facial tissue (if it's on the HC gondola) want you to angle down the shelves with the small travel sized tissues? I guess HQ doesn't know that AS1048 cannot be angled down...

Does anyone else's facial tissue (if it's on the HC gondola) want you to angle down the shelves with the small travel sized tissues? I guess HQ doesn't know that AS1048 cannot be angled down...

😆🤣😆🤣😆
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. When HQ added Swaddle to our store they sent us gondola uprights for regular shelves, but then planogrammed the pogs using HC shelving. When they walked everything they were dumbfounded as to why I changed how a pog was set because I couldn't set displays on shorter shelves. And they didn't think about how you can't use HC shelves on what is essentially a larger scale movable wall.

And they still haven't fixed it so when those pogs add shelves, we get the wrong ones sent. 🤦🏻‍♀️

My suggestion is to leave it straight since you don't really have a choice.

You can try using 20-22" pushers, then change the capacity. If it squishes the tissue too much, just take the pusher part off and use it as a divider/capacity stopper.

First thing I checked. Pog is tied. Correct labels.

I haven't set this one, but are you referring to individual labels or strips?

Like @SigningLady said I would check if it's tied in the correct orientation (standard/reverse)?

Another cause is if it's a reverse aisle, you have to tie it in reverse first, then print the labels, otherwise your labels will come out standard. The schematic normally changes with items that splits in-between sections.

Otherwise, may have to mysupport.

THEY KILLED ARCHER FARMS???

Kind of. A lot of it they just put new labels on it, calling it Favorite Day now. Same product though.

It's like what they did with Merona/A New Day. Give people time to adjust then start changing the products.

Back