MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

@Sarakiel

Is POG strips your area by chance? Wondering if it's possible to get strips sent 2-3 days earlier than normal without having to mysupport everytime?

Our store and many others in the district set transitions or revisions 1 week in advance. The strips come in a week before but almost always on Monday afternoon, (on rare occasions, it be a day late). So we can't really set till Tuesday.

Hoping we can get the strips at least by Sunday, ready to set Monday.

Of course we can just schedule plano team on Tuesday, but our ETL keeps forgetting we don't get strips yet but schedule us on Monday anyways.

Were in CA so maybe it takes longer than others?

The store JUST got fabric CSE. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for putting them up that would help?

I want to say a video exists showing how to put them up, but this would have been several years ago now. We have not got our fabric CSEs yet but they are expected soon. Once we get them I can provide tips....because something tells me I'll get roped into helping.

The store JUST got fabric CSE. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for putting them up that would help?
They are not all same. Sometimes they are made too big and you dont need to stretch them and sometimes you need to stretch it a lot. Your thumbs are going to hate you. I always will do the full left side some of the bottom and then just do the whole top then finish the bottom later then the right side. If its the sign that has the separate squares tracks and isnt just the long single rectangle track do one square at a time. The hardest ones are the long rectangle ones because they can unravel and come undone. I make it so that i can unravel it slowly on the wave and so it won't undo itself by keeping tension moving forward a little bit at a time. It takes some practice and once you get in a rythem and understand it takes like 10 minutes to do one.

First of don’t be scared that you will tear it. It may feel that way but it won’t. I suggest start with top corner then slide it down to the side and then bottom and then go section by section and stretch it as hard as you can otherwise it will fall.

@Sarakiel

Is POG strips your area by chance? Wondering if it's possible to get strips sent 2-3 days earlier than normal without having to mysupport everytime?

Our store and many others in the district set transitions or revisions 1 week in advance. The strips come in a week before but almost always on Monday afternoon, (on rare occasions, it be a day late). So we can't really set till Tuesday.

Hoping we can get the strips at least by Sunday, ready to set Monday.

Of course we can just schedule plano team on Tuesday, but our ETL keeps forgetting we don't get strips yet but schedule us on Monday anyways.

Were in CA so maybe it takes longer than others?
Oh wow, I never got a notification for this one. (Might have been cleared out by the other person sharing this account).

So the process as it stands right now is all the info for cutsheets (peghook, 12" and cosmetics) along with the files for all of the label strips for stores are dropped on Sunday, printed and shipped out Monday - Thursday starting with furthest stores from TNC and work inwards. So all of the California stores go out on Monday, maybe sometimes Tuesday at the latest via Fedex Ground. Stores in Minnesota for example are typically done on Wednesday and they'll reach stores the very next day. Shipping to California and Maine/New York takes 4-5 business days, not even including any delays with the backed up Fedex Ground hubs in California once it gets there for final mile sorting. If you're constantly running into issues of not receiving your strips on-time then I would reach out to our partners via MySupport so they can take a look at transit times over there and decide if they need to consider changing the shipping speed from Ground to Express. Make sure you stress how critical it is you need them by the weekend to help persuade the analyst who will be taking a look at it to increase the speed. The only stores that currently go Next Day Air are Alaska, Hawaii, re-model, new stores and exception issues submitted via MySupport (FedEx damaged, lost/missing strips, etc.)

Last edited:
Oh wow, I never got a notification for this one. (Might have been cleared out by the other person sharing this account).

So the process as it stands right now is all the info for cutsheets (peghook, 12" and cosmetics) along with the files for all of the label strips for stores are dropped on Sunday, printed and shipped out Monday - Thursday starting with furthest stores from TNC and work inwards. So all of the California stores go out on Monday, maybe sometimes Tuesday at the latest via Fedex Ground. Stores in Minnesota for example are typically done on Wednesday and they'll reach stores the very next day. Shipping to California and Maine/New York takes 4-5 business days, not even including any delays with the backed up Fedex Ground hubs in California once it gets there for final mile sorting. If you're constantly running into issues of not receiving your strips on-time then I would reach out to our partners via MySupport so they can take a look at transit times over there and decide if they need to consider changing the shipping speed from Ground to Express. Make sure you stress how critical it is you need them by the weekend to help persuade the analyst who will be taking a look at it to increase the speed. The only stores that currently go Next Day Air are Alaska, Hawaii, re-model, new stores and exception issues submitted via MySupport (FedEx damaged, lost/missing strips, etc.)

Thank for the info. Good to see we get ours sent first at least. I'll try mysupporting (even though mysupport tend to be unhelpful a lot of the times). Appreciate you!

PART NUMBER QUESTION:

Does anyone know the part number for a checklane back panel ?
End frame ?
Not sure if it’s 49 or 54 “ high.
Must be RED cause it’s for a checklane endcap.
Appreciate it if anyone knows.

We get our strips on Thursdays (in MN) but because we set ahead regularly, it often cuts it close on arriving early enough. There have been a few times we have had to adjust plans because we don't have the strips we need yet.

Is anyone else's store replacing all their PAPER CSE Signs with FABRIC versions? I performed the audit again for our VML and realized that we did not get any hardware for the CSE in MINI SEASONAL, REAR SEASONAL, CLEANING, PETS, and BEAUTY. She told me she will talk to her boss about this (I told her to go fill out the Q/A Form + the Reorder from but would like to know if this happened for anyone else.

Is anyone else's store replacing all their PAPER CSE Signs with FABRIC versions? I performed the audit again for our VML and realized that we did not get any hardware for the CSE in MINI SEASONAL, REAR SEASONAL, CLEANING, PETS, and BEAUTY. She told me she will talk to her boss about this (I told her to go fill out the Q/A Form + the Reorder from but would like to know if this happened for anyone else.

The communication for CSE retrofit says frames and graphics will start to arrive June 28 - July 2. Just give it another week.

The communication for CSE retrofit says frames and graphics will start to arrive June 28 - July 2. Just give it another week.
OK I will; I was going off the pallet we got + the list of cartons of signs we should’ve got and that’s how I noticed seasonal, pets, beauty, and cleaning aren’t on the list at all (when they are listed for other stores)

I wanted to make a lot of changes in my dept to make it easier for my DBOs. I've yet to find the correct part # for fixtures that I would need and would like your help please.

Does anyone know the part # for:

1. Black pushers for market... one for 18" shelves and 22" shelves, I think. As well as that long, black part where you attach the pushers into.

2. Black pushers for cereals but for the shorter shelving (the ones with the oatmeals)... 18" I think. I have the black pushers for the longer shelves.

3. Chips shelves like the ones for Frito lay where you can push chips and dips in the same shelving.

4. Shelves for soda 2 liters. My FBC was asking for those. The ones where it is tilting so the 2 liters soda are sliding forward everytime someone takes one.

5. Wacos to replace the old ones in our BR. I need the large wacos, med sized wacos, and small wacos. Also small wacos like the ones used in cosmetics. I wanted that one for small items in candy.

Thank you for any help!!

I wanted to make a lot of changes in my dept to make it easier for my DBOs. I've yet to find the correct part # for fixtures that I would need and would like your help please.

Does anyone know the part # for:

1. Black pushers for market... one for 18" shelves and 22" shelves, I think. As well as that long, black part where you attach the pushers into.

2. Black pushers for cereals but for the shorter shelving (the ones with the oatmeals)... 18" I think. I have the black pushers for the longer shelves.

3. Chips shelves like the ones for Frito lay where you can push chips and dips in the same shelving.

4. Shelves for soda 2 liters. My FBC was asking for those. The ones where it is tilting so the 2 liters soda are sliding forward everytime someone takes one.

5. Wacos to replace the old ones in our BR. I need the large wacos, med sized wacos, and small wacos. Also small wacos like the ones used in cosmetics. I wanted that one for small items in candy.

Thank you for any help!!

1. AX2592 22" pushers
AX2595 18" pushers
AX2599 pushers fronts

2. The cereal pushers are only for the deeper shelves. The shorter shelves just use regular black pushers.

3. 071-05-1061 chips fixture. If this is harder to order, it may be because Frito Lay brought the fixtures in, not Target.

4. AS0034PW soda 2L shelves

5. I don't have Waco numbers readily on hand but they should be easy enough to find on Workbench.

For future reference, fixtures are usually listed on the pog and can be looked up either on the line listing or on the non-retail page.

1. AX2592 22" pushers
AX2595 18" pushers
AX2599 pushers fronts

2. The cereal pushers are only for the deeper shelves. The shorter shelves just use regular black pushers.

3. 071-05-1061 chips fixture. If this is harder to order, it may be because Frito Lay brought the fixtures in, not Target.

5. I don't have Waco numbers readily on hand but they should be easy enough to find on Workbench.

For future reference, fixtures are usually listed on the pog and can be looked up either on the line listing or on the non-retail page.
Last time we ordered wacos we got them from a different company because they were super delayed. The ones we got are slightly different but overall do the same thing and have the same overall dimensions

1. AX2592 22" pushers
AX2595 18" pushers
AX2599 pushers fronts

Thank you!!

Your a magician! :D Haha I know they normally send it sooner during seasonal/mini set, but is there a special reason for this temporary next day air?

FedEx Ground service lead times are horrible right now and Store Ops is tinkering with how soon/fast planos are set in stores (that's a completely different subject for another day.)

Last edited:
FedEx Ground service lead times are horrible right now and Store Ops is tinkering with how soon/fast planos are set in stores (that's a completely different subject for another day.)
Been having a lot of fun with store ops moving up random bullseye planograms throwing off my team’s workload. I mean luckily we’re finally at a point where we are two weeks ahead in everything but style because everything is blown out.
Now if only ISM could get here sooner.

Sorry for the bother again. I'm looking for the part number of another item for a fellow TL. HE's looking for the part number for that rubber mat used on basedecks so that items won't slip off the shelves.
We've tried looking through the mycart and also tried looking through the aisle's planogram (non-retail and line listing). We can't find it.
Please help or let me know if a better alternative for it.
Many thanks as always for any help!

Thank you!

Back