MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Why are ISM rarely scannable with locations these last few years? When you scan the ISM box or actual sign barcode it does not give you a location.

My general personal rule still stands: if the sign's barcode doesn't scan to a location and comes up as NOF, into the baler it goes. I've never used the box barcode as that has almost never been helpful.

My general personal rule still stands: if the sign's barcode doesn't scan to a location and comes up as NOF, into the baler it goes. I've never used the box barcode as that has almost never been helpful.

Box barcode was 50% useful when it was working 2-3 years ago. It was mostly the boxes that had multiple ISM that didn't work properly. Now it's completely useless!

If you guys haven't set the sheet bedding transition yet, I recommend having at least 2 people set. About half the shit is moving to different aisles and got 3-4 repacks of no loc items I had to flex back.

If you guys haven't set the sheet bedding transition yet, I recommend having at least 2 people set. About half the shit is moving to different aisles and got 3-4 repacks of no loc items I had to flex back.
I’ll trade ya -
we had a flex pog for the “un located” - which located it elsewhere without flexing it back in, so THAT wasn’t our problem -
our issue was that we pulled out 24 repacks of unticketed clearance and salvage items !

Please don’t mention the entertainment transition - ours is a moving disaster ! Anyone else compare the current and NEW adjacency and wonder . . WHY ???!!!
This was my area and I miss it so much. But also makes me laugh now that I left the company. I keep in touch and my depts (ent and bullseye) have been a disaster since I left. Is this affecting non remodeled superts, or is this just affecting newer layouts?

This was my area and I miss it so much. But also makes me laugh now that I left the company. I keep in touch and my depts (ent and bullseye) have been a disaster since I left. Is this affecting non remodeled superts, or is this just affecting newer layouts?
We are not New but not old enough for a remodel. Two years ago entertainment shrank - tossed a lot of shelves. This year things are just rearranging with no real sense As to why. Same layout and number of pogs - just in different places.

Also anyone else HATE THAT SIGNING COMES UP NOT SOLD HERE now? It's making my life harder since it could be on a planogram (the entertainment headers) but then if I click them on the POG or scan them, comes up find elsewhere.
Annoying ! We don’t know whether to guess where it goes or toss. Our VM visited a neighbor store to try to copy where they put stuff - without knowing if THEY were right or not.

Annoying ! We don’t know whether to guess where it goes or toss. Our VM visited a neighbor store to try to copy where they put stuff - without knowing if THEY were right or not.
I legit spent from 7 PM to 8:30 PM putting them up, by comparing the numbers in the bottom corner to the line listing of very planogram. TIP: Either reprint every paper planogram and use that to check, or have them open on the VM Tablet from set workload.

I legit spent from 7 PM to 8:30 PM putting them up, by comparing the numbers in the bottom corner to the line listing of very planogram. TIP: Either reprint every paper planogram and use that to check, or have them open on the VM Tablet from set workload.
Oh no . . . .not reprinting every pog !
The setters should have listed missing fixtures/signs FROM the plan ON the Post planogram Assessment Form- but they probably didn’t, if they actual DID we could use that.

Oh no . . . .not reprinting every pog !
The setters should have listed missing fixtures/signs FROM the plan ON the Post planogram Assessment Form- but they probably didn’t, if they actual DID we could use that.

We haven't used that form in over a decade, lol. I didn't think anybody did, who would have the time to fill that out some days?

Been working on the Kitchen transition..

How does everyone here audit their kitchen displays? What’s the easiest way?

Do you just toss them is they come up Not on File or with no POG location. Sometimes I’m scared to trust the device because you know how it is with signing and the ability to scan those.

However displays tend to be a POG item in the line listing with a SF Loc and replenished the same way as any other item.

is just scanning them the best way to determine if they are carry forward displays or is there some Workbench tool I should know about? If there is no barcode or unable to scan the display what to do you in that case

Been working on the Kitchen transition..

How does everyone here audit their kitchen displays? What’s the easiest way?

Do you just toss them is they come up Not on File or with no POG location. Sometimes I’m scared to trust the device because you know how it is with signing and the ability to scan those.

However displays tend to be a POG item in the line listing with a SF Loc and replenished the same way as any other item.

is just scanning them the best way to determine if they are carry forward displays or is there some Workbench tool I should know about? If there is no barcode or unable to scan the display what to do you in that case

I print the display labels for each pog during the set and place those on the display shelves where each display should go using the adhesive single label holders. I also try to place the pick label from each display box on the bottom of the display since not all of them have barcodes on them. Doing these two things makes it very easy to find where displays go and what they are.

We haven't started kitchen yet so I'm not sure if displays are having the same issue of not scanning as ISM is (really hope they are working on fixing that!).

If a display has no identifiable info, I try to determine if a sellable item is still on the shelf, then I look for any missing displays in that pog. Sometimes you can determine if a display is correct by matching the style number of the sellable item on the shelf to the display tag (upper right of the label). Most display labels have the sellable DPCI listed as item description though so that is what I usually use; if that's not there then I use the style number.

Assuming displays are still scannable, anything that doesn't scan to a pog can be tossed.

Back