MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

ANSWER:
We have been ordering label strip holders (all kinds) for a year - don’t know where they are going but we are NOT getting them !
We are completely OUT and can’t even replace broken ones!

QUESTION:
Does your store pre—tie Salesplanners ???
I had the understanding that we should ONLY pre-tie areas where the merch was going to be trapped instead of back stocked.

if my ETL asks me to pre-tie SPL end caps - will I run into any problems ?
(I am wary to follow his direction because he has steered me wrong before with bad decisions)

4ft label strips haven't been an issue getting in. We aren't getting in 3ft strips though. Our PML is having to cut those down for us.

I do pretie salesplans. It really helps for problem areas like stock zone 4 so that inbounds can sort onto the appropriate department's vehicles easily. I also find it useful for me to mentally engage in the game of OK, this is where the adjancency says this should go but where am I actually going to put it? I have not experienced any issues by doing it.

It's weird you haven't received any new label strip holders. We just ordered AND received FX0007, the 4 ft shelf ones. Came pretty quick.

Yes, pre-tie should only happen if the merch is being trapped. Pre-tie for salesplans can help if there is a lot of new merch coming at once, (BTC in domestics for example). You could run into problems if the merch is backstocked, not trapped because the items will fill to capacity even if they are actually all in back. Easy enough to fix by changing the counts back after tying but would be unnecessary if not pre-tied.
I think they fixed that. SFQ auto calculates now after you tie something. If I want to reset an aisles SFQ I now just retie it and boom, more pulls for my team.

I think they fixed that. SFQ auto calculates now after you tie something. If I want to reset an aisles SFQ I now just retie it and boom, more pulls for my team.
I don't understand how that would work. Does it make them all zero? Or make them all at capacity?

Every day I go into the fixture room I get so annoyed. I plead to you Target, stop creating similar fixtures that are unnecessarily slightly different. Example.. why so many different kinds of crossbars?? They all work the same just shaped different and different part numbers.

It's weird you haven't received any new label strip holders. We just ordered AND received FX0007, the 4 ft shelf ones. Came pretty quick.

Yes, pre-tie should only happen if the merch is being trapped. Pre-tie for salesplans can help if there is a lot of new merch coming at once, (BTC in domestics for example). You could run into problems if the merch is backstocked, not trapped because the items will fill to capacity even if they are actually all in back. Easy enough to fix by changing the counts back after tying but would be unnecessary if not pre-tied.
This updated a few months back and the SFQ is no longer effected by pretie so you can and are encouraged to pretie anything you can even if it’s being backstocked. The communication was in the pretie calendar

This updated a few months back and the SFQ is no longer effected by pretie so you can and are encouraged to pretie anything you can even if it’s being backstocked. The communication was in the pretie calendar

So what happens when you tie the pog and you have trapped merch? Does it still automatically update the SFQ if there are no backroom locations?

So what happens when you tie the pog and you have trapped merch? Does it still automatically update the SFQ if there are no backroom locations?

Yes. When you tie any merch that is trapped or floating it will auto-update to be on the floor up to the capacity. So let's says that you have a location that is 5 fit. Someone backstocked 10 of them, but there are another 6 floating around. Once you tie, you're instantly going to go to 5 on the floor, 10 in back (16 on hand). You will not be asked to pull anything if you do the POG pull.

This even works if you have floating merch that you store tie.

A bit dangerous if you actually don't have the product the system thinks you do, but it's overall pretty efficient now. If only HQ could figure out realistic capacities...

Last edited:
Guess it goes to show you how much we don't really pay attention at my store to SFQ all the time that I didn't even realize this was a new thing. 😆

Yes. When you tie any merch that is trapped or floating it will auto-update to be on the floor up to the capacity. So let's says that you have a location that is 5 fit. Someone backstocked 10 of them, but there are another 6 floating around. Once you tie, you're instantly going to go to 5 on the floor, 10 in back (16 on hand). You will not be asked to pull anything if you do the POG pull.

This even works if you have floating merch that you store tie.

A bit dangerous if you actually don't have the product the system thinks you do, but it's overall pretty efficient now. If only HQ could figure out realistic capacities...
Shortcut, if you want to reset an entire aisle sfq, just untie and retie. It recalculates everything. With a minor delay that is...

Last edited:
Shortcut, if you want to reset an entire aisle sfq, just untie and retie. It recalculates everything. With a minor delay that is...
How long of a minor delay? My store likes to make us change capacities to 0 for SPL’s we can’t set on time. We’ve tried to break the tie and re-tie it to reset capacities when we are ready to set and they still show a capacity of 0. So we’ve had to go in and adjust them again.

How long of a minor delay? My store likes to make us change capacities to 0 for SPL’s we can’t set on time. We’ve tried to break the tie and re-tie it to reset capacities when we are ready to set and they still show a capacity of 0. So we’ve had to go in and adjust them again.
Sorry, SFQ not capacity resets. I'm not sure if it works anymore, but if you retie to a different location and then back it used to reset capacity. However that was like mywork 1.0 that this worked.

Not us - - We are down to ONLY 2 tm’s that know how to set. Going to go slow unless we are allowed time to TRAIN others !
My store has the _overnight_ team setting AKA inbound. They screw up every damn set. The summer aisles in toys? set completely wrong. Outdoor living? set completely wrong. The only department set right is mini as *I* set it. And instead of getting scheduled presentation during the week, I set scheduled GM under backroom. When my job center is presentation. My store sucks

Back