MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Who's ready for BTS set???
OOO! OOO! OOO! MEEE! Because I will be LOA !!!:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D First set I will have missed in decades!!!!! Yes DECADES!!!
Happy College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

@Sarakiel

Could we possibly get the toy transition strips 3 weeks in advance for future sets? Target sent us 10+ pallets of toys 3 days after receiving the strips. I guess setting 2 weeks in advance is not good enough.
I’ve asked Hq partners this exact question about a month ago and they said due to an increased compliance risk and early vendor communication they aren’t able to do that. They try to make exceptions when large carton counts are estimated but a lot of other things come into play with prices and labels

I’ve asked Hq partners this exact question about a month ago and they said due to an increased compliance risk and early vendor communication they aren’t able to do that. They try to make exceptions when large carton counts are estimated but a lot of other things come into play with prices and labels

Good to know. If it's street dated stuff being an issue, they can send that a week later. As long as we can get some strips to get started with.

BTW, F Legos man. Why doesn't this ever go clearance during transitions? I did one aisle and already have half a flat of discontinued. Lego is so strict with their branding/image UGHHH.

I don't think it's something I can just mark down or salvage either. It will sit discontinued for months.

Good to know. If it's street dated stuff being an issue, they can send that a week later. As long as we can get some strips to get started with.

BTW, F Legos man. Why doesn't this ever go clearance during transitions? I did one aisle and already have half a flat of discontinued. Lego is so strict with their branding/image UGHHH.

I don't think it's something I can just mark down or salvage either. It will sit discontinued for months.

Sure you can. We've done both before. I usually try to use mark down over salvage because Lego WILL sell marked down. Set it at the lowest allowed price and it will be gone in a couple days. I have seen some of our Lego overstock get salvaged due to no backstock space. Not ideal when mark down would sell it pretty easily.

Sure you can. We've done both before. I usually try to use mark down over salvage because Lego WILL sell marked down. Set it at the lowest allowed price and it will be gone in a couple days. I have seen some of our Lego overstock get salvaged due to no backstock space. Not ideal when mark down would sell it pretty easily.

Ok I will mark it down if I have to. Thanks.

THIS. We were told to FLEX in at full price. A nightmare when pushing cause every time we go to put something in the RIGHT spot - something ELSE is flexed THERE ! Just NO space for ALL this discontinued !

also, we spent 6 hours on the FAO ISM and it’s falling down . Are we missing pieces, did it wrong or is that just the way it is ?

THIS. We were told to FLEX in at full price. A nightmare when pushing cause every time we go to put something in the RIGHT spot - something ELSE is flexed THERE ! Just NO space for ALL this discontinued !

also, we spent 6 hours on the FAO ISM and it’s falling down . Are we missing pieces, did it wrong or is that just the way it is ?

I haven't set it up yet but I did see these grey metal brackets that attach to the gondola. Did you not get that? It was on the other side of the large brown divider card board that's inside.

It's going to take as long as it takes them to send us the parts they left out of our kit. :rolleyes: Also, the directions are meh to WTF.
I put mine up and instantly wanted to throw it in the compactor. The ISM did not work, and we were missing pieces + the instructions were terrible. I told my ETL I want to reorder the entire ISM kit and just redo it again. Took me a couple of hours to do it alone, and then tried to tie it to the ceiling since it was leaning forward.

I haven't set it up yet but I did see these grey metal brackets that attach to the gondola. Did you not get that? It was on the other side of the large brown divider card board that's inside.
I put mine up and instantly wanted to throw it in the compactor. The ISM did not work, and we were missing pieces + the instructions were terrible. I told my ETL I want to reorder the entire ISM kit and just redo it again. Took me a couple of hours to do it alone, and then tried to tie it to the ceiling since it was leaning forward.
Yes, we got the brackets. Put them on backwards the first time. Had to take apart and redo - 24 screws. PITA !!!
if we could have attached the sign LOWER on the gondola it would have been more stable. Because of the height of the shelves the brackets had to be high and it is TOP HEAVY. We used tape, rope, brackets, plastic screws, cardboard, all manner of attachments and stickies - it STILL leans forward !

WHY was it NOT like ALL the OTHER toy ISM that simply goes OVER the BLACK brackets !!!! Those stay up perfectly.

WASTE of time that we DID NOT have !

Were you missing 2 metal brackets and both center support as well? I manage to build without those and used overhead wires to stop it from leaning forward. I can show you pics if it helps

Any presentation OGs remember the good ol days (8+ years ago?) when transition needed 4+ TMs to set toys? Aisles swapping, backer paper changing, shelves constantly having to be moved, 2+ aisles full of clearance...
UGH I think I am going to be sick. I hated swapping aisles all that effort for WHAT? The incessant clearance still there when we needed to finish setting... And it all came with the inevitable "You're not done yet? I thought you would be done by now" from a boss that had never set planos. That quickly approached the cosmetics level of frustration.

Last edited:
Were you missing 2 metal brackets and both center support as well? I manage to build without those and used overhead wires to stop it from leaning forward. I can show you pics if it helps
We got all the metal brackets, but only got one set of center supports for the middle piece. My complaint was the holes didn’t line up directly for the backer (I guess I had sone of the metal brackets the wrong way?) and I didn’t want to waste any more of my time taking it apart to fix it. Can I see how you fixed yours? I have to look at mine tomorrow when I go in

We got all the metal brackets, but only got one set of center supports for the middle piece. My complaint was the holes didn’t line up directly for the backer (I guess I had sone of the metal brackets the wrong way?) and I didn’t want to waste any more of my time taking it apart to fix it. Can I see how you fixed yours? I have to look at mine tomorrow when I go in

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_103509.jpg
    IMG_20220805_103509.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220805_103626.jpg
    IMG_20220805_103626.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220805_104050.jpg
    IMG_20220805_104050.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220805_104114.jpg
    IMG_20220805_104114.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220805_104118.jpg
    IMG_20220805_104118.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220805_094651.jpg
    IMG_20220805_094651.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I do want to note this part that wasn't in the instructions. I had to fix this part where the thick card board area shown with arrow should be over the top of the gondola trim, not against it as this will cause the top to lean more forward and bracket won't be flushed against the peg board.

Attachments

• fix.jpg
    fix.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I do want to note this part that wasn't in the instructions. I had to fix this part where the thick card board area shown with arrow should be over the top of the gondola trim, not against it as this will cause the top to lean more forward and bracket won't be flushed against the peg board.
Thank you, thank you !!! Beautiful job. Your few photos with no instructions were more helpful than the entire packet ! I’m wishing we had time to take it apart….again, and re-do……probably not.

Back