MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Fixture question. We are reprofiling the light duty shelves in the backroom. Anyone know of the part number to order shelves? And the bars?

Thanks in Advance.

Fixture question. We are reprofiling the light duty shelves in the backroom. Anyone know of the part number to order shelves? And the bars?

Thanks in Advance.
Which kind? If you have the Meg 1 or Meg 3 shelves I believe they are no longer available, I know the uprights aren’t anymore. From the sounds of it you need Meg 3. The shelves come as a 3 piece, the shelf and the two bars. The part number is PBSA2448W for the 24x48 standard sizes. If you need different sizes just change the number in the part number to the dimensions you need. I believe they’re discontinued though so your best bet is utilizing top shelves from aisles like hanging style aisles that might not be used.

We got our 90 hrs of furniture done in one day with two people. Let that transition freight go straight to the shelf!

How do the pogs look with less/no displays? Is everything merchandised vertical with safety arms or horizontal on shelves?

How do the pogs look with less/no displays? Is everything merchandised vertical with safety arms or horizontal on shelves?

I'll let you know once most of the merch comes in. It's pretty empty at the moment.

But the lower shelves are horizonal and the upper shelf vertical. The no displays is an improvement imo.

Why send shelves, fixtures, etc., needed for sets late? As if there is time to go back and redo it. As if time wasn't wasted making it work. As if we have space to just hang onto stuff until the next set. I'm specifically referring to the rolling shelves for our water wall which miraculously came a week late. Why bother? You can guess where those went.

Why send shelves, fixtures, etc., needed for sets late? As if there is time to go back and redo it. As if time wasn't wasted making it work. As if we have space to just hang onto stuff until the next set. I'm specifically referring to the rolling shelves for our water wall which miraculously came a week late. Why bother? You can guess where those went.

If we can't circle back around to get a late fixture in, we store it away in the fixture room until transition the following year.

On a related note, you can ask your VM (TLs may have access too) to check the ISM Tracking link to see when an expected fixture will arrive so plans can be adjusted if needed/possible. Our water shelves didn't arrive the week before the set like they should have but I was able to check the tracking and see they would arrive the week of so the TL switched the plans for that set day.

If we can't circle back around to get a late fixture in, we store it away in the fixture room until transition the following year.

On a related note, you can ask your VM (TLs may have access too) to check the ISM Tracking link to see when an expected fixture will arrive so plans can be adjusted if needed/possible. Our water shelves didn't arrive the week before the set like they should have but I was able to check the tracking and see they would arrive the week of so the TL switched the plans for that set day.
Your store seems more organized than mine. Who has time to look ahead on pogs to see stuff like that? The only reason anyone, me, realized rollers were being added is because they came in. No one keeps sent paper pogs or prints pogs unless they have to. It's..... set it real quick and help pull opus or push. So when the shelves came in a week late, I'm not putting more on myself by keeping them and trying to put them in the next year. Anyway, 6 hours not nearly enough time to set 48 feet of water. Even without setting the rollers, it took me 9 hours. And I got shit for that. "But it said 6 hours."

Your store seems more organized than mine. Who has time to look ahead on pogs to see stuff like that? The only reason anyone, me, realized rollers were being added is because they came in. No one keeps sent paper pogs or prints pogs unless they have to. It's..... set it real quick and help pull opus or push. So when the shelves came in a week late, I'm not putting more on myself by keeping them and trying to put them in the next year. Anyway, 6 hours not nearly enough time to set 48 feet of water. Even without setting the rollers, it took me 9 hours. And I got shit for that. "But it said 6 hours."

Fair enough. The TL should have been aware at least- it was on the main WorkBench page saying the fixtures were coming with a link to see how many to expect.

And, yes, we are relatively organized- it's taken me years while on plano/signing but it pays off when new people need to learn the process because routines are being followed. Our SD reintroduced PPAs (post-planogram assessments) which require the team to note anything missing/follow up on what they set.

So true on setting that wall! Always, always, always takes more than 8 hours to set. I feel your pain on getting shit for it......if people haven't set it, they just don't understand.

When we try this, someone tasked with "cleaning" the fixture room always ends up throwing it out. Every year our spare binder brushes for BTS end up getting tossed, despite "DO NOT TOSS!!!" being written all over the box. Now our Plano team is scared to ask for anything to be ordered because they get told they have to go back and put it up, despite not having time.

When we try this, someone tasked with "cleaning" the fixture room always ends up throwing it out. Every year our spare binder brushes for BTS end up getting tossed, despite "DO NOT TOSS!!!" being written all over the box. Now our Plano team is scared to ask for anything to be ordered because they get told they have to go back and put it up, despite not having time.

I hear ya; it's not easy. I have the advantage that I've been there so long I know what every fixture is, whether we need it or not or how many, and absolutely no one tosses anything w/o asking me first. I am always the person who gets tasked with the post-Christmas fixture room clean up and everything is labeled with fixture name & part number for ordering. Closed boxes get marked with the month/year- if they're not opened for more than a year then they get tossed.

Many years ago, I insisted I be involved in the fixture room clean up because we were always short or missing what we needed. And it irked me, especially because I knew it wasn't just something that happened, it was carelessness. Took it upon my self to maintain order and it makes everyone's job a lot easier now.

Circling back to pogs was a lot easier when the signing role still existed. We were the ones who ordered what was missing and for me, I knew where it was missing from because I helped set and I had time to put it there when it came in.

How many rolling shelves did you get? We just got one for the Bai drinks.

What plano team? It's me. And if hours allow, they toss in people who barely know how to set. Oh they can do shelves and pegs, if not in reverse, but otherwise, I'm it. So lots doesn't get done. No baby furniture built. Beauty is still a smoldering disaster.

the rolling shelves are for the single drinks. They will be tilted. We got 2 shelves so far. Some stores got all their shelves 2 weeks early before the set.

I think my favorite thing I was told during a fixture room cleanout was that the fixture room was "not for storing fixtures".
I keep ours pretty clean. I always the fixture room isn't for storing stuff that has no home. Don't know what to do with it? It's either usable or disposed of. If people don't know, I'll decide. But it's not a dumping ground.

Fixtures break, wear out, and otherwise need to be replaced from time to time. I'm a proponent of storing whatever "extras" you can. If something arrived late for the most recent reset, even if nobody's going to backtrack in the meantime, hold that fixture for the next time that POG resets. If you receive a case of 50 widgets and the POG only calls for 40, save the 10 so that when the next iteration of the POG inevitably calls for 45 widgets, and three of your widgets on the salesfloor have broken or gone missing, you don't have to reorder them and wind up with another case of 50 new widgets when you only needed 8. Unless your fixture situation is already EXTREMELY well organized and catalogued and someone who really knows what they're doing is keeping track of what is needed for upcoming transitions, the "Get rid of it. We can reorder more if we need them next time" mentality invites headaches, in my experience.

Fixtures break, wear out, and otherwise need to be replaced from time to time. I'm a proponent of storing whatever "extras" you can. If something arrived late for the most recent reset, even if nobody's going to backtrack in the meantime, hold that fixture for the next time that POG resets. If you receive a case of 50 widgets and the POG only calls for 40, save the 10 so that when the next iteration of the POG inevitably calls for 45 widgets, and three of your widgets on the salesfloor have broken or gone missing, you don't have to reorder them and wind up with another case of 50 new widgets when you only needed 8. Unless your fixture situation is already EXTREMELY well organized and catalogued and someone who really knows what they're doing is keeping track of what is needed for upcoming transitions, the "Get rid of it. We can reorder more if we need them next time" mentality invites headaches, in my experience.

And also likely contributed to the restrictions on who is allowed to order anything as well as most orders having to go thru an approval process.

Back