MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Not a pilot store but I believe in the pilot kitchen and stationeary were taken back from specialty and specialty got baby.
I've had 3 specialty etls in 2 years and 6 specialty tls in 3 years. Style and beauty have suffered greatly that when the switch happened it was just never prioritized. Probably partially at fault since our gm/inbound team is pretty strong and we basically just kept doing it because it obviously needs to get done somehow. It's just something they don't understand. Our communication in my store has been atrocious. Etls just bicker and blame each other. When they "plan" out the workload for home seasonal, if you can even call it a plan it's that lazy and bad, they have never even considered asking the people who have done for years. It's lack of accountability and laziness.

Yup. People fight change, even leaders. I don't know why it has to be a big thing, but it is. They don't know how to go with the flow, they're not paying attention, they aren't being held accountable.

When Baby was taken away from Style and given to GM, they should have taken it over completely and informed everyone it affects that this is the way it is. Guest Services should have been told to start sorting Baby in its own cart like they do with other GM departments, forthwith. Someone in GM should have been answering Baby fast service calls. Someone in GM should have been told that they have to collect Baby reshop. They should have gotten the hours from Style.

Instead, in my store, GM eventually started pushing truck but it took a good while. Reshop was still put in Style, Style still had to answer guest calls, GS still paged Style for everything related to Baby Hardlines.

Now, when GS has finally started sorting BH reshop separately, years later, they give it back to Style - of course.

@Sarakiel

FYI, stores are only receiving one set of strips per POG for checklane revisions/transition for the 2 week out set. We have 16 checklane so 15 more is needed for our store.

Aren't most of the checklane sets all cutsheet/peghook based, or am I thinking of a different thing? Most of the stores in the metro area just print out the individual labels for their lanes once they successfully tie the new POG #, but regardless I'll look into it. The single set of strips that you receive for the checklane is automatically printed out via the POG data push from S&P and is just a standard process of verification of POG availability for a store.

Aren't most of the checklane sets all cutsheet/peghook based, or am I thinking of a different thing? Most of the stores in the metro area just print out the individual labels for their lanes once they successfully tie the new POG #, but regardless I'll look into it. The single set of strips that you receive for the checklane is automatically printed out via the POG data push from S&P and is just a standard process of verification of POG availability for a store.
I think pretty much all of them should use strips. It adds a lot of extra time having to drop labels for all of them, especially for candy and gum. The only one I can think of that might only use pegs is essentials.

I think pretty much all of them should use strips. It adds a lot of extra time having to drop labels for all of them, especially for candy and gum. The only one I can think of that might only use pegs is essentials.

Yes, this is correct the Essentials pog is the only one peghook exclusive. All the rest are label strips. @Sarakiel stores used to receive a set of label strips for each instance of a checklane pog: so 1 pog would have multiple label strip sets sent since it's one pog but set in multiple locations.

If S&P made an intentional change to this and want stores to use individual labels instead (which would help with flexing since that's what my store ends up doing as we are so heavy on checklane candy & gum), communication should have been sent out to stores telling us that.

All if not most of our POGs require strips. Some POGs are 2 section with candy shelf on first section, then pegs for the right section with giftcards. All of gum uses strip. The POG data system is flawed with checklane because it acts if stores only have one checklane, hence the hours given. This has been a problem for ages but Target never fixes it.

Yes, this is correct the Essentials pog is the only one peghook exclusive. All the rest are label strips. @Sarakiel stores used to receive a set of label strips for each instance of a checklane pog: so 1 pog would have multiple label strip sets sent since it's one pog but set in multiple locations.

If S&P made an intentional change to this and want stores to use individual labels instead (which would help with flexing since that's what my store ends up doing as we are so heavy on checklane candy & gum), communication should have been sent out to stores telling us that.

Maybe my store is different, but our essential section has shelves as well. The two section POG and the one section POG (candy bars below pegs)

Maybe my store is different, but our essential section has shelves as well. The two section POG and the one section POG (candy bars below pegs)

You must have the combo pogs then. To be fair, my store has both: odd checklanes have 4ft just pegged essentials, even checklanes have a 4ft combo with two shelves. I know there is 8ft essentials pogs too though.....I think we technically have one (for IGS) but it doesn't get set and HQ won't delete it.

There should be a message up on it now via Workbench and will get fixed for the future.

Great thank you! And I hope it does get fixed permanently this time because I do notice it will get fixed a certain time (all strips sent) then goes back to being broken again.

Wondered about something for the umpteenth time yesterday and maybe one of y'all know the answer (or a different one from "it's an unexplained phenomenon of the Target universe"). Why are the label strips for the toothpaste shelves printed with tiny, cosmetics size labels? I understand why they are for the toothbrushes, although if they didn't cram in so many facings, it wouldn't be necessary. But there's no reason for the tiny labels for toothpaste, or the kid's toothpaste and mouthwash.

Wondered about something for the umpteenth time yesterday and maybe one of y'all know the answer (or a different one from "it's an unexplained phenomenon of the Target universe"). Why are the label strips for the toothpaste shelves printed with tiny, cosmetics size labels? I understand why they are for the toothbrushes, although if they didn't cram in so many facings, it wouldn't be necessary. But there's no reason for the tiny labels for toothpaste, or the kid's toothpaste and mouthwash.

Strictly a guess here: at one time or another if all these items were on combined pogs with the pegged items (which necessitated the small labels because of the small curved label holders used at the time), all the label strips would end up the same size because the software doesn't recognize multiple size labels within the same pog. This is why label only pogs exist to accommodate small labels in a regular label pog.

As for why they are still small today: probably a lazy category manager who doesn't know how to change it. Or even S&P at HQ. Someone, somewhere hasn't noticed or questioned it enough for anyone to bother to fix it.

Back