MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

At my store, I had to do the way you used to do it because one of the seasonal CSEs was partially over the market backwall, which meant I had to do the fucking Crown lift.

GOD I hated that.

ATM, Target doesn't know how to have us all safely swap that particular CSE for a new one. They keep pushing it back because the Wave won't work well. The only reason we managed to get it placed the first time was we happened to have a scissor lift in the building and the PML installed with with a peer.

I struggled to get the Paper CSE changed this year for the same reason. I don't think Target realized it would also be an issue for some stores.....really messed up my back after that for a couple weeks.

What are you using to hold the fabric from falling when you initial start the corners.
I swear by floor/window cling applicators. I've saved a whole hoard of them. Wedge one into the channel here and there as you go along to pin the CSE in place, and remove them all once you're done installing.

Dude, why can't Target salvage out the ODL stuff the week of BTS, not the week after. We still have a lot of rugs and stacked chairs. If we wait till it salvage to set the rest we've be sitting on a lot of BTS push. Plus 40% of the stuff is still regular price with no location or on sale making it even harder to get rid of.

P.S. To whoever regional director who decided stores can't touch or prep seasonal till July 4th. Screw you for making our jobs harder and less efficient!

\end rant
Repackage it! That’s how my ODL walked out the door.

ATM, Target doesn't know how to have us all safely swap that particular CSE for a new one. They keep pushing it back because the Wave won't work well. The only reason we managed to get it placed the first time was we happened to have a scissor lift in the building and the PML installed with with a peer.

I struggled to get the Paper CSE changed this year for the same reason. I don't think Target realized it would also be an issue for some stores.....really messed up my back after that for a couple weeks.

See, this is how I know I've been gone for so long, because I thought the scissor lift was called the Crown and oops that's the pallet thing.

Yeah, turns out, it was the scissor lift that I got to use and nag the PML for the key for.

Dude, why can't Target salvage out the ODL stuff the week of BTS, not the week after. We still have a lot of rugs and stacked chairs. If we wait till it salvage to set the rest we've be sitting on a lot of BTS push. Plus 40% of the stuff is still regular price with no location or on sale making it even harder to get rid of.

P.S. To whoever regional director who decided stores can't touch or prep seasonal till July 4th. Screw you for making our jobs harder and less efficient!

\end rant

The chairs went pretty fast when I made them 70% off.

We’re doing pretty good with our ODL clearance. I think we only have all the seat cushions and lounge seats. If I’m not mistaken. Today was busy. I didn’t really spend too much time there.

7v2d97.jpg

Starting Halloween tomorrow. Mini is done now waiting for the rest of the freight to come in.

This is where we are at as well.

Unrelated question: I see you are a remodeled (grey wall) store and am wondering if there are no CSE fabric signs with new remodels? Or is it just fewer? I don't see one in your pic. We have remodel coming up after Christmas so I am super curious!

Not really signing, but presentation related...
what do you all do for pizza? SD wants them on pushers, but when they're set that wide they come undone frequently, the front lip isn't tall enough to prevent them from tipping forward, and it doesn't work at all for unboxed pizzas (Market Pantry). Is there a pizza specific pusher I can have my ETL order?

This is where we are at as well.

Unrelated question: I see you are a remodeled (grey wall) store and am wondering if there are no CSE fabric signs with new remodels? Or is it just fewer? I don't see one in your pic. We have remodel coming up after Christmas so I am super curious!
Mini doesn’t get csc , rear sea gets 2 . For gm and specialty minus style we have a total of 10 csc including the 2 read ones I just mentioned .
They are fabric

I see they're still trying to make cookie-houses-for-all-occasions a thing...
Not really signing, but presentation related...
what do you all do for pizza? SD wants them on pushers, but when they're set that wide they come undone frequently, the front lip isn't tall enough to prevent them from tipping forward, and it doesn't work at all for unboxed pizzas (Market Pantry). Is there a pizza specific pusher I can have my ETL order?
We prop them up with the magnetic video game pushers.

What are you guys doing with all BTS stuff in seasonal? We still have a ton of folders and notebooks and it's not PLU. Some don't even have home locations either. Are we boxing them up for next year? I must be missing communication somewhere.

What are you guys doing with all BTS stuff in seasonal? We still have a ton of folders and notebooks and it's not PLU. Some don't even have home locations either. Are we boxing them up for next year? I must be missing communication somewhere.

There's a map on the weekly communication from two weeks ago (I think) that shows which NCF will be PLU vs Clearance. But it also said to remove all carry forward and just activate the clearance labels and treat it like PLU.

My store has two flex salesplanners in stationary for 9/10 that you could add the heaviest on hand items.

There's a map on the weekly communication from two weeks ago (I think) that shows which NCF will be PLU vs Clearance. But it also said to remove all carry forward and just activate the clearance labels and treat it like PLU.

My store has two flex salesplanners in stationary for 9/10 that you could add the heaviest on hand items.
I'll check that out thank you.

Back