MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

A bit of a rant but correct me if I'm wrong. Did communications a couple months ago not say to throw away the metal ISM frames for kitchen focal? Yet the upcoming ISM requires the metal frame 😩

Kind of tired of them changing the ISM types on these focal.

A bit of a rant but correct me if I'm wrong. Did communications a couple months ago not say to throw away the metal ISM frames for kitchen focal? Yet the upcoming ISM requires the metal frame 😩

You are correct! I laughed when I saw that ISM still in the fixture room because I know exactly why it wasn't put up.

Funnier thing is- I have the part number written down for the metal frame because I was short one several years ago and when I finally found it I knew it had to go in my ring binder just in case it was ever needed again. 😆

You are correct! I laughed when I saw that ISM still in the fixture room because I know exactly why it wasn't put up.

Funnier thing is- I have the part number written down for the metal frame because I was short one several years ago and when I finally found it I knew it had to go in my ring binder just in case it was ever needed again. 😆

Can I have that part number? Lol. I'm keeping it permanently this time.

So if you look at the ISM, there should be 6 holes now. Just need long canoe or viking clips.

IMG20230621114803.png

Best Friends Love GIF by Target

I can't be the only person who genuinely enjoys assembling all those shippers.

I enjoy it but it definitely can get boring after 5 hours.

Also interesting to see how these shippers improved in the last 15 years. This year they removed the plastic ISM holder and instead you just drop it from the slot on top. I think the best part is they finally strapped those dang dividers.

My brain tends to keep me plenty entertained. If not, I'll pull up a true crime podcast.

Now, it's always fun dealing with a new crop of leaders who are unaware/in denial that it takes one person at least an entire shift to build all the shippers. I'm like, "I'd be happy to build these, but understand I won't be setting SHIT today."
Oh, cool. It isn't just my store that this happens in? I feel like I have that conversation almost every year.

Signing Tips, Tricks, and Quips: Mastering the art of signing requires practice, patience, and a touch of creativity. Remember to maintain good posture, clarity, and facial expressions while signing. Practice fingerspelling, expand your vocabulary, and learn from native signers. Incorporate your personality into your signing style, adding flair and individuality. Embrace the occasional howl of despair when you encounter challenges—those moments are opportunities for growth. Stay motivated, immerse yourself in the Deaf community, and seek guidance from experienced signers. With dedication and perseverance, you'll develop proficiency and fluency, unlocking a beautiful means of communication. Happy signing!

Also, remember to wear dark, solid colors and don't wear rings or bracelets.

Months after setting Electric Shave, two display models came in this week. Considering how terribly unhelpful the paper planogram was in figuring out where to place each one, I'm really looking forward now to finagling these two into reasonably appropriate spots. And then there's the fact that, after hanging onto the little placards that slide into the plastic holder thingies for all that time, I finally tossed just a few days ago the ones that didn't have matching display models, figuring the display models were never going to arrive. Timing is everything, right? Arg. Lesson for the future: Hang onto to everything, whether or not it makes any sense.

Months after setting Electric Shave, two display models came in this week. Considering how terribly unhelpful the paper planogram was in figuring out where to place each one, I'm really looking forward now to finagling these two into reasonably appropriate spots. And then there's the fact that, after hanging onto the little placards that slide into the plastic holder thingies for all that time, I finally tossed just a few days ago the ones that didn't have matching display models, figuring the display models were never going to arrive. Timing is everything, right? Arg. Lesson for the future: Hang onto to everything, whether or not it makes any sense.

I think we just got the pushers we ordered that we were missing in OTC last set.

Has anyone tried to install the CSE by the instructions given? I don't get how they want us to do the 4 corners first when the fabric isn't that loose to begin with?

Has anyone tried to install the CSE by the instructions given? I don't get how they want us to do the 4 corners first when the fabric isn't that loose to begin with?

I have! I used to just start at one upper corner, work down to the lower corner, and then across (adjusting the top and bottom as I went) until I got to the other side. It didn't always work out so well.

But then I tried it closer to the way the instructions said to do it and it works so much better. Still start in upper corner and work all the way down to the lower corner below. Then I start tucking in along the top and bottom about a quarter/third of the way across. Next, I grab the opposite upper corner and very carefully drive the Wave one handed to the other side, tuck in the upper corner and adjust down to the lower corner. Then I work my way back to where I left off on the top and bottom. Doing it this way has completely eliminated not having enough stretch to reach all the sides/corners and tuck in nicely.

I have! I used to just start at one upper corner, work down to the lower corner, and then across (adjusting the top and bottom as I went) until I got to the other side. It didn't always work out so well.

But then I tried it closer to the way the instructions said to do it and it works so much better. Still start in upper corner and work all the way down to the lower corner below. Then I start tucking in along the top and bottom about a quarter/third of the way across. Next, I grab the opposite upper corner and very carefully drive the Wave one handed to the other side, tuck in the upper corner and adjust down to the lower corner. Then I work my way back to where I left off on the top and bottom. Doing it this way has completely eliminated not having enough stretch to reach all the sides/corners and tuck in nicely.

At my store, I had to do the way you used to do it because one of the seasonal CSEs was partially over the market backwall, which meant I had to do the fucking Crown lift.

GOD I hated that.

Ahh ok thanks! I'll try that out the next time. I did what you said for your first method and sometimes I would stretch too much or too little at the end.

What are you using to hold the fabric from falling when you initial start the corners. The seasonal CSE seems much harder than the style ones...

Dude, why can't Target salvage out the ODL stuff the week of BTS, not the week after. We still have a lot of rugs and stacked chairs. If we wait till it salvage to set the rest we've be sitting on a lot of BTS push. Plus 40% of the stuff is still regular price with no location or on sale making it even harder to get rid of.

P.S. To whoever regional director who decided stores can't touch or prep seasonal till July 4th. Screw you for making our jobs harder and less efficient!

\end rant

Last edited:
Ahh ok thanks! I'll try that out the next time. I did what you said for your first method and sometimes I would stretch too much or too little at the end.

What are you using to hold the fabric from falling when you initial start the corners. The seasonal CSE seems much harder than the style ones...

I seem to have pretty good luck if I start with the upper left corner and tuck in about 2ft across the top then I go all the way down to the bottom left corner and tuck the bottom as far to the right as I can, then back up to the top moving to the right until I'm about a quarter of the way to the right. That allows enough to be tucked in it shouldn't come back out all the way as long as you keep a hold of the loose fabric when you slowly drive to the right corners.

I would guess the style ones seem easier because you can get closer to the wall.

Back