MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone else's store get communication to not set any of the pets transitions? They want us to move dry cat food off a HC gondola onto a regular gondola and put wet cat food on the HC... Guess Target does not think.
Select stores were asked to not set new transitions in pets due to safety concerns. Revisions were fine. They corrected most stores and said they’re good to go, new communication came out Friday.

I did not see this, and it would be a bit late since we started setting before then. We've always been a bit rebellious though... The high capacity dry cat food that has the shelf with the cans of purina that is mostly dually located? Yeah we don't set that. We zero the capacities, and if it's not dually located, we use a store option end cap in Pets to tie it to. Having 2 inch deep cans on a 48 inch deep shelf makes no sense, especially when they're in the next aisle over and easier to reach.

Originally, our departure from POG was out of necessity. We simply didn't have the high capacities necessary for those extra shelves.

Select stores were asked to not set new transitions in pets due to safety concerns. Revisions were fine. They corrected most stores and said they’re good to go, new communication came out Friday.
I’ve been checking to see new communication as I worked overnight Friday Saturday and Sunday, however I did not see the update saying to continue with the transitions, instead the hold off is still shown for us

Anyone else's store get communication to not set any of the pets transitions? They want us to move dry cat food off a HC gondola onto a regular gondola and put wet cat food on the HC... Guess Target does not think.
Not that I've seen. Too late now, we've already started. On a side note, once again they want litter off the back wall and onto a gondola. Um no...unless you want the gondola falling over from the weight.

I did not see this, and it would be a bit late since we started setting before then. We've always been a bit rebellious though... The high capacity dry cat food that has the shelf with the cans of purina that is mostly dually located? Yeah we don't set that. We zero the capacities, and if it's not dually located, we use a store option end cap in Pets to tie it to. Having 2 inch deep cans on a 48 inch deep shelf makes no sense, especially when they're in the next aisle over and easier to reach.

Originally, our departure from POG was out of necessity. We simply didn't have the high capacities necessary for those extra shelves.
That would bug me so much, just put a fence in halfway to stop it from going all the way back.

What a great idea for so many items where the capacity does not need to be more than 4.

We've also used the fencing method on the top shelves of all our high capacity POGs since no one can safely shop/zone them easily. Cut down on the number of items lost to the back of the shelves- especially nice prior to the introduction of the roller shelves in F&B.

We've also used the fencing method on the top shelves of all our high capacity POGs since no one can safely shop/zone them easily. Cut down on the number of items lost to the back of the shelves- especially nice prior to the introduction of the roller shelves in F&B.
If you put the fencing in backwards, it won't fall over when too much product is pushed against it.

I know not a ton of people have them still but does anyone here know the part number for the label holders that get used on the glass endcaps in beauty.

Why keep revisions and transitions separate on the mydevice set tool? Our pet revisions were mostly 100% changes. Ex. Dog toys. And the times were inaccurate. Wet dog .... 4.8 hours. It took me and another vet 8 hours total. Don't get me started on the spacing in the boys action aisles in toys, specifically the dinosaur aisle. Do the people making these even know what planet we're on?

Why keep revisions and transitions separate on the mydevice set tool? Our pet revisions were mostly 100% changes. Ex. Dog toys. And the times were inaccurate. Wet dog .... 4.8 hours. It took me and another vet 8 hours total. Don't get me started on the spacing in the boys action aisles in toys, specifically the dinosaur aisle. Do the people making these even know what planet we're on?
Revisions don’t have anything to do with time. It’s supposed to be based off fixture changes. Typically if there’s no changes to fixtures ie shelf heights, removing sections and such it’s a revision.

Revisions don’t have anything to do with time. It’s supposed to be based off fixture changes. Typically if there’s no changes to fixtures ie shelf heights, removing sections and such it’s a revision.
I understand the difference, but why is it necessary to make the distinction? We can't pre-tie revisions, which is kind of a bother. (Although with the problem of how the pre-tie pick labels printed this time, maybe we shouldn't have pre-tied anything.)
And I agree with @Powerwalker about the estimated times - the electric dental was listed with something like 31 hours. I knew it was going to take a while with new backer paper and new display shelving and all new display models, and it did, but no where near 31 hours. Other times, it'll say 2 hours and it takes twice as long. It'd be great if they could make those times more accurate. As it is, they're kind of worthless.

Between wet dog food and premium dog food, it came close to the total of 6 hours. I combined those two, because at least on our adjacency, wet shrank from 12' to 8' and switched with premium which went from 8' to 12'.

Back