MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

We don't have this issue at my store because we never shifted from the expectation of the signing getting complete when Plano sets. Yes, Plano is setting more now but it's the same workload they were setting prior to Modernization and they were expected to complete signing back then so it is doable now.

It also helps that I am former Plano, currently VM so I hold myself and Plano to the same high expectations. I have the ISM pallet sorted within a day of arriving and I communicate with Plano on what arrives so they know to look for it. If signing falls behind, I send an email out for visible accountability and it's taken care of ASAP.

The only signing that gets tossed is extras or if a pog couldn't be set for whatever reason & it has been a month.
Same here. We are a little less accurate probably with putting it up as you set but it all gets put up every week. Sometimes it gets put up at the end of the week.

Just gotta get better as going back and putting things up that come in late or we order.

If You Haven't Done Your Signing, You Are Not Finished Setting.
For sure, the signing is just not as accurate anymore in terms of it being on the paper work or even coming in on time. There’s been plenty of time the pog doesn’t call for it based off the paperwork but it scans on pog when going through the signing.

We did focused on Stationery and Celebration today. Going to do some Mini tomorrow, but we truly had a ton left.
I’ve had my team all over so far since there’s so much to set:
One doing Entertainment Revisions/misc revisions
One doing Towers/Carts/Sidecaps/Checklanes
One doing Stationery (I moved the Greeting Card fixtures RIP).
The first two will meet me in Mini Thursday.

I’ve had my team all over so far since there’s so much to set:
One doing Entertainment Revisions/misc revisions
One doing Towers/Carts/Sidecaps/Checklanes
One doing Stationery (I moved the Greeting Card fixtures RIP).
The first two will meet me in Mini Thursday.
Only thing I’d do differently is stationary. With the amount of moves it is definitely faster and easier to have multiple people do it but still a good plan

It's been a real pain in the ass having a substantial Stationery set the same weak as Mini.

Also the stationery pogs suck ass. We got a new fixture for the gift bags, but my team got confused because the execution notes say way thing, but the pog images show everything set on peg hooks. Between that and line listing not matching the actual non-retail intended for the POG, it's no wonder it's a struggle. I wish I could say I have a veteran team where everyone has been setting POGs for years, but that's only half true, and everyone works at different times.

We have so much Easter left, we're just going to box up the non-food so we can continue setting.

If You Haven't Done Your Signing, You Are Not Finished Setting.
Except what if it just plain doesn't work? A TM set the feminine care aisle yesterday and asked me about some signage she was supposed to put up. There are 3 or 4 of those banner-style signs that sit on top of the gondola. (Not sure I'm describing that correctly - the sign is not very high, maybe 5 inches?, and I think 3 feet long. It sits in a plastic holder held up with magnetic "feet.") We have signs to go over maxi pads and liners, plus one for the "clean" products like Honey Pot and L. All well and good except the shelves go so high up plus the height of the product boxes means no one will ever see that signage. So what's the point?
I'm holding onto the signs, "just in case," but it seems sort of stupid.

Except what if it just plain doesn't work? A TM set the feminine care aisle yesterday and asked me about some signage she was supposed to put up. There are 3 or 4 of those banner-style signs that sit on top of the gondola. (Not sure I'm describing that correctly - the sign is not very high, maybe 5 inches?, and I think 3 feet long. It sits in a plastic holder held up with magnetic "feet.") We have signs to go over maxi pads and liners, plus one for the "clean" products like Honey Pot and L. All well and good except the shelves go so high up plus the height of the product boxes means no one will ever see that signage. So what's the point?
I'm holding onto the signs, "just in case," but it seems sort of stupid.
I can't tell you how many signs I've thrown away because they simply do not work with the POG.

Only thing I’d do differently is stationary. With the amount of moves it is definitely faster and easier to have multiple people do it but still a good plan
If I had one more person I would. Absolutely. Good news is one TM and I started Mini today so we can wrap up what we can set in Mini tomorrow.

Being unable to get signage to work is one thing. I've had many situations where I had to ditch signs or make severe alterations. Ignoring signing altogether because there's no metric immediately attached to it and you therefore consider it "optional" is quite another thing.

I refuse to put up fins signs. They'll just be on the floor in 2 weeks.

What is the point of these? Worthless. Waste of paper and time. "Did you tie the pog?" Do I really need to answer this? Meanwhile, I'll have etls tie off pogs and revisions just to get them off the list.
That not the only thing on the ppa .
And is part of accountability and being able to speak on a set if a visit comes and fixtures/signing are missing .
There’s the pulls , the audit etc.
And besides it is best practice .

That not the only thing on the ppa .
And is part of accountability and being able to speak on a set if a visit comes and fixtures/signing are missing .
There’s the pulls , the audit etc.
And besides it is best practice .
While it’s a good tool, it’s technically only best practice to do during a remodel. Until it’s digital and I can easily go back reference things all in once place I don’t think they’re super necessary. If you’re reasonably versed in presentation it’s just all things you do anyway.

Digital PPAs are likely rolling out soon.

I took over presentation without any formal training. Found out about PPAs well into role and didn't really see the point. I was informed we could do them digitally but didn't realize we were a test store for it. HQ calls us up and asks why we're not doing it, and the only thing I can think to say is that I didn't realize I had to...

Oops!

They should have shifted the back wall pogs to next week when they saw how much Easter stores had left.
Our store decided to box up all non food and QMOS all bakery and peeps in order to have enough room to set. All in all 8 pallets worth of stuff we're going to sit on to salvage next week. Good job Easter buyer!

Our store decided to box up all non food and QMOS all bakery and peeps in order to have enough room to set. All in all 8 pallets worth of stuff we're going to sit on to salvage next week. Good job Easter buyer!

Yeah I don't have the payroll for that. We scheduled our pricing team on Tuesday to take care of it and that's when it will happen. If I can condense an aisle tomorrow or Saturday I will but otherwise they will be late.

Digital PPAs are likely rolling out soon.

I took over presentation without any formal training. Found out about PPAs well into role and didn't really see the point. I was informed we could do them digitally but didn't realize we were a test store for it. HQ calls us up and asks why we're not doing it, and the only thing I can think to say is that I didn't realize I had to...

Oops!

Please do it so the rest of us can get it and not need the stupid piece of paper. Our VMD told us the digital ppa were in testing.

Back