Archived So we changed to the new 7AM process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how wide spread this is, but my store an ULV store began our process this week. First, many of my fellow team members have 2nd jobs. The main issue right now is that their 2nd jobs are not as flexible as they would like. As a result we have a ton of TMs leaving at the same time they always have. 11 or 12, but because of the later start time we lose a lot of work. 1.5 hours for 6 people a day, three times a week adds up. Pallets on the floor till 11:00am seems counter productive. We have to put them on the back side of the aisle where a lot less room is available for the guest to shop. In the cooler freezer section, you can't even open up the doors when a pallet is there.

The pull process is pretty much the same. Except we pull and went with flow team to push. We didn't even get back to start the back stock process until around around 10:00am. Because of a call out, and scheduling issues we didn't have as big of a back room presence as we needed. As a result, we had (still have) a ton on back stock. Tomorrow, I don't for see us going to the floor to help push, but I'm not an ETL or TL, so I can only speculate.

Biggest Opportunities (I hate that phrase...)
- Dispersion of the flow team. When an aisle doesn't get bowled out there tends to be a ton of team members working off one pallet, a flat, or a Red. Especially in chemicals, we were bumping into each other a lot and didn't have enough ability to maneuver vehicles.
- Blocking cooler doors
- Adapting to schedule conflicts, ensure that enough TMs are in the Backroom
- Better supervision. Being a new process to use, we kind of ran around like chickens with our heads cut off. A couple of senior TM started giving better direction which slowly refined the process. Improvements on this aspect are getting everyone on the same page in regard as to identify what is back stock and what is freight. The obvious answer to this is clips.

The point of this was to try an help some stores that are about to change. I hope I helped by pointing out a few issues that I've seen at my store, or even be about to anticipate some things and make positive changes.

Thanks! We are starting the new process Monday. I think our biggest challenge will come in the backroom. We will probably have the same problem with backstock.

Using this ****ty process is just going to doom ULV stores to ULV forever....

Pallets in front of merchandise? Yeah... That's gotta be good for sales/store image.

All of this is to avoid having to give more hours to sales floor. I'd say this is beyond stupid but we've been down that path before...

we also start Sunday at 7am. Is your flow responding to sales floor calls and code ones?

I don't understand this new process. It seems there is more mess on the floor for the guests to navigate around. I work Plano and see the flow team just bowl product anywhere in the aisle, and throw boxes wherever. This is better for guests how?

They shouldn't be bowling, aside from maaaaaybe in their immediate vicinity. A few boxes at a time, at most.

We are in their way in general, anyway, though. Our team doesn't provide much besides asking if we can help them find something and maybe calling backroom to pull something.

I don't understand this new process. It seems there is more mess on the floor for the guests to navigate around. I work Plano and see the flow team just bowl product anywhere in the aisle, and throw boxes wherever. This is better for guests how?

It's supposed too be about targets whole "VIBE" thing with the guest. There is usually no one on the sales floor, so by moving the schedule up, guest won't have to go far and wide to search for a TM. A lot of people are on logistics because they hate dealing with guest in the first place. Idk, we have a trial run tuesday. i'll see how this turns out.

we also start Sunday at 7am. Is your flow responding to sales floor calls and code ones?

Heh, about that. Our STL hates the over head being used for anything but calling for a Guest. Which is fine if we had enough walkies, but we don't. So a couple of people on the flow team get one, but no one else. Kind of ridiculous to have a team member from A run all the way over to F to clear a call. I guess its not unreasonable, to expect it but it is the flow team. Today, we actually didn't have a cashier scheduled. Not sure if that means one wasn't on the schedule or if they called in. End up guest stood at check out with no one around for about two minutes.

Heh, about that. Our STL hates the over head being used for anything but calling for a Guest. Which is fine if we had enough walkies, but we don't. So a couple of people on the flow team get one, but no one else. Kind of ridiculous to have a team member from A run all the way over to F to clear a call. I guess its not unreasonable, to expect it but it is the flow team. Today, we actually didn't have a cashier scheduled. Not sure if that means one wasn't on the schedule or if they called in. End up guest stood at check out with no one around for about two minutes.

:facepalm:

Im a Flow TL we dont keep pallets on the floor we consistently bowl into tubs while running to the floor...bring in a few TM at 8 to start push so when unload is done team is spread out between pets and chemicals so not much clutter..i have a runner that stays ahead and quickly bowls market into carts to get pallets off the floor before more guests get into the store

Our trucks have been taking in 250+ repack boxes on 1700 piece trucks. It's just not working without some give from distribution.

As a guest standpoint : it sucks!!!
I stopped by this morning in a different target ( knew the etl log there , they just started the process ,and she likes it )
So I was a guest,and could not go thru the back aisles,and some areas were totally off limit !
I left without buying everything I needed,because I could not get to the product!

As a guest standpoint : it sucks!!!
I stopped by this morning in a different target ( knew the etl log there , they just started the process ,and she likes it )
So I was a guest,and could not go thru the back aisles,and some areas were totally off limit !
I left without buying everything I needed,because I could not get to the product!

Same here, we were out this morning and me wife wanted to get a few things and she said lets go to Kohls and Publix because she is not going to Target in the morning anymore because she can not get down half the ailes. I tried to explain to not everyday was a truck day but, she said it was not her job to tack of when store was a mess or not.

With regards to stores that have gone push all and switched to 7am unload, how is freight now sorted off the truck? Is there any backstock anymore? If so how is it organized? Also does anyone know if repacks are sorted/organized differently now? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a salesfloor tm going to work truck one or two days a week and I'm a little logistics rusty. Thanks in advance for all help and input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back