Starbucks Team Leaders

So I've been in position as Food and Beverage Team Lead for about 4 months now, our Starbucks, which is my department, has been open for just over a month. I'm struggling pretty bad. My team hasn't been the cleanest, though we did pass EcoLab and state health inspection. They don't have great routines and I'm having a hard time instilling them. I've also been mostly guessing with my orders to this point and therefore haven't really been ordering very well. All the while we have Good and Gather setting and Q4 coming. I've been stressed as hell with my first child due at the beginning of December. I've honestly thought about quitting and finding something else, but the pay is too good to beat. I guess this is all to ask for any advice and partially just to rant. Thanks.

So I've been in position as Food and Beverage Team Lead for about 4 months now, our Starbucks, which is my department, has been open for just over a month. I'm struggling pretty bad. My team hasn't been the cleanest, though we did pass EcoLab and state health inspection. They don't have great routines and I'm having a hard time instilling them. I've also been mostly guessing with my orders to this point and therefore haven't really been ordering very well. All the while we have Good and Gather setting and Q4 coming. I've been stressed as hell with my first child due at the beginning of December. I've honestly thought about quitting and finding something else, but the pay is too good to beat. I guess this is all to ask for any advice and partially just to rant. Thanks.
Sirens eye on workbench can help you.

Get your 2 strongest baristas onboard with ordering, helping establish routines, training new people.

we've always set our bullseye cookies in the pastry case, but we did also receive the direction to not put anything out in a basket that doesn't have nutritional info on it. we used to pre-assemble the oatmeal and put them out for guests to grab but we were told to stop doing that.
Yeah, who needs increased in sales , right?
Foods can be dangerous for people with real allergies, real intolerances and certain medical disorders. Sucks if someone who can't tolerate rice or corn or has a flat out allergy doesn't realize if an item has a little corn syrup or rice flour mixed in. Sucks if someone with kidney problems doesn't know that potassium was put in place of sodium. And so many people lie about intolerances that asking food service workers is going to result in an eyeroll and likely a lie that it doesn't contain the problem food.

And that's why food needs labeling.

Foods can be dangerous for people with real allergies, real intolerances and certain medical disorders. Sucks if someone who can't tolerate rice or corn or has a flat out allergy doesn't realize if an item has a little corn syrup or rice flour mixed in. Sucks if someone with kidney problems doesn't know that potassium was put in place of sodium. And so many people lie about intolerances that asking food service workers is going to result in an eyeroll and likely a lie that it doesn't contain the problem food.

And that's why food needs labeling.
Thanks, its just a cookie.😳

Thanks, its just a cookie.😳
And what flour or flours are used? What sweetener or sweeteners? What other ingredients?

Most reliable way to know is through food labels. The food workers may not know if a cookie contains phenylalanine or has tapioca starch, or if they do know they might lie thinking someone has a pretend "allergy" or "intolerance" since having one is trendy now.

And what flour or flours are used? What sweetener or sweeteners? What other ingredients?

Most reliable way to know is through food labels. The food workers may not know if a cookie contains phenylalanine or has tapioca starch, or if they do know they might lie thinking someone has a pretend "allergy" or "intolerance" since having one is trendy now.
You sure your name’s not Karen?, I mean its just a cookie ma’am.

You sure your name’s not Karen?, I mean its just a cookie ma’am.

I have a tree nut allergy that will make me stop breathing.
It isn't the nuts per se, its the oils from them.
So if the cookies have almond extract, I'm dead.
If they have hazelnut paste, I'm dead.
I'm kinda a fan of the ingredients lists.
Sidenote: I'm not allergic to peanuts which makes things complicated sometimes.

My name's not Karen, but I do have two unusual food allergies. Ingredient checking is essential for me, and I know firsthand how food service workers will just yes you away because they think anyone with allergies lies. I also am aware of how there are people who do lie about having an intolerance or allergy since it is fashionable, which is why food service workers aren't careful to be accurate.

Could y'all help me with either order descriptions or DPCIs for the following:
  • Stickies used for reusable cup orders (the white post-its)
  • String used to tie together filters for CB (does it simply come with the filters?)
  • Wipes used for cleaning the steaming wand
I think wipes to sanitize the steam wand are SW001 on GoCart. And I think the holder (metal piece that holds the container) is SW002.

My store uses those post it’s for guests reusable cups but we have so many I haven’t ordered them in over a year. Can’t remembered what they are called but they used to be near the end of the old order guide.

i really really wanna say those personal cup sticky notes are called Starbucks Personal Cup Post-it Notes or something like that. they should definitely be in the order guide under the rest of your supplies/non retail materials though, i've seen them in there.

Could y'all help me with either order descriptions or DPCIs for the following:
  • Stickies used for reusable cup orders (the white post-its)
  • String used to tie together filters for CB (does it simply come with the filters?)
  • Wipes used for cleaning the steaming wand
The stickies are called Label drink ID post-its. I no longer work for Tarbucks so this is the best I could give ya. If you can't find it in the guide just email the LSR and they should be able to give you the right DPCI

Cold brew strings come inside the filters.
And wipes for cleaning the wand come from go kart . do NOT use the red wipes...ecolab will mark you for them. Those are just for wiping down counters.

Attachments

• 20190924_001345.jpg
    20190924_001345.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
We are talking about a cookie, right?
Yes. My allergies are mild and a single cookie has me hating life. A single cookie even with benadryl still has me hating life, even though the benadryl keeps me functional. A more severe allergic reaction could mean that single cookie could easily put someone in the ER or even trigger anaphylaxis shock, killing them. An allergic reaction is triggered by a super small amount of the allergen. A cookie contains a lot of several allergens.

We are talking about a cookie, right?

I'm sorry but what part of nut allergy did you miss.
If I eat anything that has almond extract in it I stop breathing.
That includes the damned cookie.

Now maybe you are just being your contrarian self, trying to get a rise out of people, and in that case, haha you win.
But just in case you are just not getting it.
People can die from a cookie.

If you don't have the ingredients list on something I just won't buy it just to be safe.
You have just lost a sale.
Or you will have to take longer while I ask you to look it up for me.
Either way it would have been easier to just put the ingredients out for me to see.

Retirement must be nice, to just sit around trying to prove everyone wrong .

I'm sorry but what part of nut allergy did you miss.
If I eat anything that has almond extract in it I stop breathing.
That includes the damned cookie.

Now maybe you are just being your contrarian self, trying to get a rise out of people, and in that case, haha you win.
But just in case you are just not getting it.
People can die from a cookie.

If you don't have the ingredients list on something I just won't buy it just to be safe.
You have just lost a sale.
Or you will have to take longer while I ask you to look it up for me.
Either way it would have been easier to just put the ingredients out for me to see.
There are plenty of people who will buy our cookies, Target does have a pharmacy for the “impaired immune” people 🙄, like take a vitamin or something 🙄

Back