Starbucks Team Leaders

Well, sounds like you have 6 months to think about it, at least :). You can learn Plano, no problem. Lots of planning and organizing involved. Also, a pretty set schedule, at least at my store.

No matter when you leave, there will be projects that you are not finished with, and team members in mid-development. It would be an opportunity to train your successor, and make sure that the positive impact you have had would carry on. It would also give you time to find mentors for your developing tms.

Was your ETL moved there because the store is having problems? Is the Plano TL leaving after Q4, or how do they know they will need one? The last 4 times I have been moved, it was to areas that were in trouble. The challenge of that is fun, but hard work too. With the support of your ETL, you can fix a broken department, no problem.

All of that said, they have tried twice to get me to move from Starbucks to GSTL and I have declined :rolleyes:.

I know the store she was moved to is broken in every department with an STL that is new to the company lol, and she said the Plano TL apparently is on the verge of being termed so I don't know if I am willing to step into that. I know I can do it but I don't feel ready to leave the work center I'm in. Currently I have a great amount of control that I wouldn't really have anywhere else and I didn't spend all this time getting things back in order for me to leave and not have solid successors.

Last edited:
Other consideration is you'd have to build up trust at the other store because not everyone will take your ETL's word that you're a wunderkind.
And if something should happen to her, you'll be on your own.
You've worked too hard to build your team & get your processes in order to walk away for a challenge at a new store with a LOT of disaster depts.

Wasn't your sbux TL termed too? That's always rough. I completely understand. If you still have more to accomplish, don't feel pressured to leave. Believe me, if you decide you want a change, the opportunity will be there.
Also, I know what you mean about wanting solid successors lol. There aren't many people I would want to replace me. Thankfully, 2 of our bench TLs were my baristas :D.

Yes she was. I guess I'm just nervous about stepping into not just a red workcenter, but a red store as well. At least with my current role and store, my department wasn't red and my store as well. I just had to deal with changing the culture of the work center and performancing out the bad eggs that were contributing to that.

Last edited:
Hahaha... So you know how I said no one said anything about the fruit flies... Yeah, well, apparently a guest took a video and posted it online and it went viral and it got to corporate who is pissed at us. Our DM came in today, we threw out the contents of our pastry case (which had been display only anyway) and we're leaving it empty until further notice. A pest control guy is supposed to be coming in within the next 24 hours. This will be fun...

I mean, it's not like our store is dirty! We clean and clean, but when you have food out and it's summer and we're right by the doors...? I know bugs are bad, but we're trying our hardest and doing everything we can. So for a guest to assume we just don't give a shit and blast us on social media without even asking what's up is just so rude to me.

Hahaha... So you know how I said no one said anything about the fruit flies... Yeah, well, apparently a guest took a video and posted it online and it went viral and it got to corporate who is pissed at us. Our DM came in today, we threw out the contents of our pastry case (which had been display only anyway) and we're leaving it empty until further notice. A pest control guy is supposed to be coming in within the next 24 hours. This will be fun...

I mean, it's not like our store is dirty! We clean and clean, but when you have food out and it's summer and we're right by the doors...? I know bugs are bad, but we're trying our hardest and doing everything we can. So for a guest to assume we just don't give a shit and blast us on social media without even asking what's up is just so rude to me.
That's insane! Every store in my area has fruit flies this time of year. Heck, my store used to have fruit flies all winter, too, even when it was below 0*F. If the pastries in the case were display only, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't heard a word about the video yet. I certainly haven't seen it. I only know because apparently our DM had his hackles up when he came in and my fellow barista told me the story.

Now I kind of want to see if I can find it...

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to order an outdoor chalkboard A Frame for their store? I'm trying to get one for mine since we don't really have any way of knowing we have a Starbucks inside our store.

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to order an outdoor chalkboard A Frame for their store? I'm trying to get one for mine since we don't really have any way of knowing we have a Starbucks inside our store.
Not a Target thing, I'm afraid. I asked if we could get signing too and it was a no.

There should be a big Starbucks lighted logo sign facing the store entrance or the street.

Well, I haven't found it yet. I'll PM you if I do lol.

Edit: Except for one from April 2015.
I haven't found anything either. I even dug around on Target's Facebook page lol. I'm guessing either it wasn't THAT popular, it got sent straight to corporate, or the guest was 'coerced' into taking it down. Either way, my annoyance hasn't lessened, lol.

They finished my remodel today. My Starbucks was closed for 5 days. It looks absolutely incredible. New pastry case and condiment bar. Beautiful tile backsplash and very nice wood above it. I think I may have actually gained a tiny bit of retail space, but more importantly they put these great looking cabinets below the new display so I can keep extra stuff down there instead of needing to run to the backroom. Turbo chef oven - sandwiches!!! Amazing counter space (they extended each bar by almost 2 feet) and amazing sinks (I can actually have a blender pitcher rinser now! I've never used one before because we never had a second faucet). The espresso bar sticks out about an extra foot where the espresso machine sits, so there is a TON of space behind the bar. The space (from far end of the pastry case to the end of the handoff plane) was exactly 15x3. Now it's like 17x3, with almost half of it being 4ft wide instead of 3.

But after all of that, the thing that I might like the most is that they added an extra 3 outlets in the seating area!!! And all 5 outlets now have USB ports, which is pretty sweet. Now everyone can shut the fuck up about the lack of outlets.

BUT! As I'm trying to put the start fund and change back in the register, it won't open. The register is offline. CSC wasn't able to do shit, but they did call CompuCom and I made sure they knew it was my only Starbucks register so it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also I still have like at least an hours worth of setup left to do. I left with the LOD at 1145 and I'll be back in at 730. But I'm considering going in at 630 or 7 and just clocking myself in.

In other news, I had 3 days off in a row this week, which is probably about the 5th or 6th time since I graduated 4.5 years ago. And I got bored and typed out the MTD and YTD Starbucks dashboards for both May and June for all 10 of my DM's stores into a spreadsheet. The margin is so whack. Some stores had negative profits. The margin is just flat out wrong sometimes (how can it be 55% one month and 80% the next? Or go from 55% down to 4%...). I emailed it to my DM and all the other SBTLs. I also added a column that summed the ingredient and supply costs ($ and %).

So yeah, interesting week. Tomorrow is going to be hell, but I do have Sunday off. Then the store has inventory Monday so I gotta make sure food ave department 286 is in order.

Pics?
They keep promising us a remod; we haven't had one since our SB opened just over 10 yrs ago.

Mine opened about 10 years ago, I think a year after the store opened. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow if I ever get it all setup. Or Monday. The whole thing is just amazing. Like, even if I nitpick, there are only a couple very very minor things that I would change. Essentially everything got improved. Oh and the cabinets, I didn't mention them before except for the retail ones. The cabinets are mostly better. I just need to figure out where to put everything.

Oh, one more thing - 2 double door under counter fridges! I have a ton of extra space in there now, I don't know what to do with it all lol.

Back