Starbucks Team Leaders

We made it with 6 pumps vanilla and a heaping scoop of PS powder. Much better.

Omigosh, I LOVE the fall leaves gift cards! They're so pretty!
(I hid a few so I can buy them later)
Trying to get SBTL to order MOAR.

I don't mind the PS whip. I don't really like the PS syrup, but the whip makes it palatable. it has a weird aftertaste though. it WAS immeasurably better with the topping on it though, so I'll probably suggest that to anyone who wants it. I wonder if it'd be any good with the caramel sauce. we seem to be getting a TON of people who want caramel with their PSL, so maybe it's good?

I think a lot of people order that one because it sounds Starbucksy. It's the one I recommend when someone is ordering for someone else.

Have a few guests that order a latte with chai syrup because it's cheaper than a dirty chai.
Whatevs.

How about the ones that order a Venti/Trenta tea/iced coffee/iced latte with no ice then ask for a cup of ice 'on the side'?
I'll usually tell them no, but we do keep some grande iced cups next to the pop machine so people can get water and I won't stop them from getting ice in that. I might even suggest it, so at least I'm not the one doing it (and they're limited to a grande because that's all we keep over there).

I also had one girl ask for a refresher to be shaken with ice, but for me to strain the ice out and then add more of the refresher to fill the cup. Fuck that. You either get ice or you don't get ice, not both. "The other Starbucks does it." "Then if I were you, I'd go there, but I'm not willing to bend the rules so far that they break."

Edit: I think my exact words, when asked why I wouldn't do it, were "That's pushing it. I'll do light ice or no ice, though."

yesterday Steritech came, and we got our first yellow since we opened nearly a year ago. super disappointing. most of our violations were little things - TMs wearing earrings, stuff like that. but TWO of our major violations were not our fault, and some of them we have been trying to get them remedied forever. first of all, we got dinged because our flypaper was more than a certain percentage covered with flies. thanks, PMT Useless! we also got hit on not having MSDS available. the Steritech guy even said, 'hey, you know what, let's go take a walk, I'll check your binder again when I get back and maybe they'll show up in the meantime.' they came back, and STILL NO SHEETS. the LOD just decided not to do them and then claimed he didn't know what they are. he is the freaking ETL-LOG. how do you not know what MSDS are?!

they also found a pastry under one of the cabinets that had been there god knows how long, though I'm not sure how the hell that happened as we sweep very thoroughly every night, especially since the fly incident.

oh, and tonight... I was closing, and I was dumping the remaining tea down the frap sink when all of a sudden a large puddle begins to form beneath my feet. upon further inspection, there was a cold cup lodged in the drain. it had been there long enough to be crushed and covered in sticky muck. I don't even want to know how long that had been there, either. at least there's an excuse in that a clear cold cup is nearly impossible to see in a dark, under-cabinet drain... but ew. I sent a picture of it to my TL and I swear she about had a heart attack.

vyFfOn3Uf7Rt4X_1Lf5-L0uiGgqY8DlKvSV26aMsXuVoDz-NK3Qg_ag_MftHdMPtwHdR-EdBB9Jaxa5lx79EUYgHjNqQlcDPkehqBhOOZT2i0KLN6O0oOS9nadfmWQoFma-i8VY09XygMGZsSn7xntNYoc2GKe4-7XmVecLjX-oUly_7fpYolJfGLhZES3iS-fpzdm2D7FSdGpC4dF-kkP_XR9c8ylohoxTe7PBPZ4PwHMErAqzr4hFiezUOqsDyBTxLTDhq0R28fx2Rp67XN_arDth07Av0CSOFqT8CZXICuolm4L7ISgzrPXRpQx98vS9LPPJumx-nIzu6ynlL2Inm1BKfrg6wN-SJQZJjNrRoGxFliL5HKAzTyksSs4lkrY9s6RxNgML3h2YXKvcp90zDbVWI6bAc4oqgbjN58DLmThVE3O0_AVv1rCLgQDzrkT6Q8cCbZSzBzhSZwlDQJKx4IdwM4SyBGBSoH6-sBUiYEZIW-yuqP9O8rRT1dG7_y4n2yhZ9zBRk6PqX-Fvl_uaOUbyp0zxAhIv3xiG2OleBRsS7ja98UTeqOxBuLjUbHMuOeEPowy_kymZq1f4KOYS_CF1lVeb4EyO_3Ko7okjI1YL3=w576-h770-no

So with the winter set. When can we expect to start receiving the initial load? When do we get new signs/Siren's Eye and all the ingredients for the new drinks?

Since I didn't work in SB last year. What are the usual standard holiday drinks? I think something with Gingerbread? And the drinks listed below were in the PDF my DM gave me:

Holiday Spice Flat White (launches 11/10)
• Use core espresso when handcrafting the
beverage. This is reflected on the
Beverage Recipe Card.
• Dry Inclusion Dispenser (1190255) and
stainless scoop (150998)

Teavana Joy 2016 (launches 11/10)
• Your store will receive a Teavana Joy 2016
sticker to place on an existing Teavana Tea
cubbie. Place on a cubbie (11041893) that is
not in use or repurpose the Oprah Herbal Chai
cubbie and replace the sticker with Teavana
Joy 2016.

Spiced Sweet Cream Nariño 70 Cold Brew
(launches 11/10)
• One pack of two green pumps for
Mulling Spice Syrup will be autoshipped
prior to launch. Pumps are not
reorderable. White CBS pumps may be
used once green pump inventory is
depleted.

Christmas Blonde Roast
• Will be the featured brewed blonde roast
throughout Holiday
• Not available in 1lb. whole bean bags

What are the usual standard holiday drinks?
gingerbread latte, yes. eggnog latte, chestnut praline, and caramel brulee are the other standards. caramel brulee will be holiday's pumpkin spice. you will run out, and there will be a country-wide shortage. it's unavoidable.

edit to add peppermint mocha. how could I forget peppermint mocha. you actually have all the stuff to make it year round, but for holiday we get chocolate curls specifically for it, and we'll get SF peppermint, which is only available at holiday.

Last edited:
gingerbread latte, yes. eggnog latte, chestnut praline, and caramel brulee are the other standards. caramel brulee will be holiday's pumpkin spice. you will run out, and there will be a country-wide shortage. it's unavoidable.

edit to add peppermint mocha. how could I forget peppermint mocha. you actually have all the stuff to make it year round, but for holiday we get chocolate curls specifically for it, and we'll get SF peppermint, which is only available at holiday.
I'm not sure I agree with the statement about Caramel brulee.. we had the syrup wayyyy past the holidays at my old store. We did run out of most of the toppings though. On another note, I was interested in hearing different ways on recognizing the Sbux team. Or ways to help motivate them.

I posted earlier this week about some of this stuff...

I already received all of the holiday beverage ingredients, so you should get them very soon. My orders come in on Wednesdays; ALL of the other holiday stuff (I think) is coming on Wednesday the 26th for me. Guaranteed to be at least one more pallet than your normal weekly order is. Plan accordingly. Give yourself tons of time to work through that order, and maybe have someone help you with it. Also, try to receive a heavy order the week before, that way you won't have to order too much and end up with too many pallets to handle.

In a effort to make room for the coming holiday items. I want to move some of the small items to other locations. I have a cabinet underneath a register. Currently occupied by spare signs and trainer booklets. That all can be moved to HR. Is it Starbucks/Steritech compliment to store ingredients in there? Thing such as toppings (vanilla, cinnamon, coco powder, pumpkin spices, etcs). the Via and Kcups. And random syrups.

Will I need one of those Starbucks ingredient signs? If I do, what is the parts number for them (assuming they are on SAP).

You can store ingredients pretty much wherever you want, as long as they are at least 6 inches off the ground and not stored below any chemicals.

What do you mean by "Starbucks ingredient signs"?

You can store ingredients pretty much wherever you want, as long as they are at least 6 inches off the ground and not stored below any chemicals.

What do you mean by "Starbucks ingredient signs"?
Those red and black strips that literally says Starbucks Ingredient Food Storage or something like that.

Those red and black strips that literally says Starbucks Ingredient Food Storage or something like that.
Oh, I think they told us to take all those down about 2 years ago. Although I still have some up. They're completely irrelevant.

I'm trying to find the Nutrition Brochure, Star Reward Brochure, and the Customer Survey Brochure.

I think I might have food the numbers for the Nutrition Brochure (260-05-0140). But having trouble finding the other 2. I am out of them so I dont even have a SKU to work with.

And I apologize to every here, I feel like I ask as question every other day. I'll try to reduce the amount of questions I ask here on. And just try to wing it as I go. Thank you again everyone for all your help.

It's fine to ask questions, although I do think you should spend a couple extra minutes checking. I don't know if the star reward brochure is orderable; I think it was just for when they rolled out the new rewards program in April. As for the comment cards, the order guide lists "card customer comment 50-cs", 260-05-0162, just a little bit below where you found the beverage nutrition brochure.

You don't need to just wing it. We're here for help. I don't want you to think you're on your own. But some answers are there already for you to find.

For left over cups/mugs from the summer and anniversary sets. And even the fall cups (if they don't sell with the free grande drink promo). Are we allowed to TPC them (15%) to get them to move? Want to clear them out the next few weeks before all the holiday cups arrive and are set.

Back