Starbucks Team Leaders

Last year we started using the smoothie ice scoop and eyeballing ingredients for the cream ones. So annoying to throw away all the tall cups.
Wait, what? To make a mini, you just make it as a tall, but you still use the mini cup for the measurements. If I remember correctly, the mini cups only have two lines and the bottom line is the same as the bottom line on a tall. You still end up wasting a lot of the drink because you just made a 12oz drink and put it into a 10oz cup, but they specifically said to make it that way because the blender needs a certain amount of ingredients to blend properly, so just throw away the couple extra ounces. It's a waste of ingredients, but not a waste of plastic.

Wait, what? To make a mini, you just make it as a tall, but you still use the mini cup for the measurements. If I remember correctly, the mini cups only have two lines and the bottom line is the same as the bottom line on a tall. You still end up wasting a lot of the drink because you just made a 12oz drink and put it into a 10oz cup, but they specifically said to make it that way because the blender needs a certain amount of ingredients to blend properly, so just throw away the couple extra ounces. It's a waste of ingredients, but not a waste of plastic.
Why don't you order the old smoothie measuring cup? It can also be used to measure frappuccinos so you don't waste cups.

Why don't you order the old smoothie measuring cup? It can also be used to measure frappuccinos so you don't waste cups.
I mean, I do still have it. But there is no cup wasting to begin with, so why would I need it? Unless someone brings in their own cup.

Sorry if there was any confusion, but it sounded like people were making mini fraps in tall cups, but my point was that no one should be doing that. You should make a mini frap in a mini cup. They are designed to do that. You will never have to throw away a tall cup.

It does waste the ingredients, but it does not waste cups.

Sorry if there was any confusion, but it sounded like people were making mini fraps in tall cups, but my point was that no one should be doing that. You should make a mini frap in a mini cup. They are designed to do that. You will never have to throw away a tall cup.

It does waste the ingredients, but it does not waste cups.
I'm aware of the mini cup being used to measure. My response was for Yetive because it sounded like she was using the tall cup as a measure meant for the mini then throwing them away. Now that I read it I meant to quote her not you haha

Last edited:
My DM last year told me we HAD to make them in tall cups. And serve them in minis, of course. Next visit, new interim DM has us making them straight in the minis, but adjusting down the ingredients slightly.

They are annoying and I can't wait for them to be gone! And you are supposed to make a tall and sample the leftover amount.

We aren't either. Unless they change it on the fly like the frappy hour dates!

How has happy hour been for you guys?
Going well for us. DM dropped by and was pleased with everything. We are not very near any company stores, so we were busy right from the start of the member's launch. Only 2 of my team have been through frappy hour before, and they are all doing GREAT. I'm so proud of them. We are comping up over last year too. Yesterday was cold and rainy (struggled to hit 50), and it felt a bit slow, but we were still up.

How's it going out your way?

Going well for us. DM dropped by and was pleased with everything. We are not very near any company stores, so we were busy right from the start of the member's launch. Only 2 of my team have been through frappy hour before, and they are all doing GREAT. I'm so proud of them. We are comping up over last year too. Yesterday was cold and rainy (struggled to hit 50), and it felt a bit slow, but we were still up.

How's it going out your way?
It's not as busy as I expected but this happens all the time, people are just finding out about it. I'm sure by tomorrow and onward it'll be cray cray. I've been having my baristas sample all day in the store and educating the guests about the time of happy hour so we have been increasing our capture rate and capturing those sales. My DM is pleased and my ETL as well since we are constantly handing out samples in the check lanes.

So, this year and last year, we are not as busy as expected at the company side. I heard that licensed stores are busier than expected though. I left Target about a month before Frappy hour last year. I heard my old location was batshit crazy during happy hour.

Back