Starbucks Team Leaders

You will survive.
The majority of drinks are the first letter of each word of the drink. Honestly, you will learn them pretty quickly through repeated orders. I find that there are about 10 drinks that get ordered about 80% of the time. You probably already know those :). Short of memorizing the list from the resource manual, just repetition will do it.
Have you found anything you like to drink yet?
Haven't had a chance to dry everything yet. All I knows, is that I don't like the dark stuff. Not a fan of the bitter taste without cream/milk/etc...

Did you review the list, I gave you?
Been looking at it when I get the chance. I think the big thing for me right now is when a line builds up when I take an order. I panic and my mind draws a blank out. I know I'm just learn and don't need to rush. Just feel I need to >.<

Usually, the guests or the card reader is so slow, you have to wait for them anyhow. Did you get a barista learning journal? I'm pretty sure there is a list at the back of it still, and you can have that with you at the register. You can use it as a cheat sheet while the guests are paying.

As others have said, you'll have regulars that will order a lot of the same & those will give you a foundation to build on.
Work on accuracy before trying to speed up; mistakes slow you down & it's harder to get a drink down when you're having to go back & fix it.
Practice makes perfect & a morning line gives you LOTS of practice ;)

Yes, but it's been a while since I had the Regional Director with us but it's happened.

Gotcha. So though no one knew this it wasn't even a visit for our Starbucks it was Just a place for them to meet with our target dm and status. Our dm is a great guy but AWFUL at communication. No one knew but we have a visit next week from him for our store. We are in our peak weeks too and doing double in sales everywhere.. So stressed

Gotcha. So though no one knew this it wasn't even a visit for our Starbucks it was Just a place for them to meet with our target dm and status. Our dm is a great guy but AWFUL at communication. No one knew but we have a visit next week from him for our store. We are in our peak weeks too and doing double in sales everywhere.. So stressed
That's feedback you can give him during your next DSV.

For me, DSVs are essentially just glorified store walkthroughs anyway. Sure, we go over more things and in more detail during DSVs, but they aren't necessary in my opinion.

I get bored in my DSVs and the infinite amount of ETLs that I have had look like they are daydreaming most of the time.

What? So what will we have then?

DSVs always seemed to get scheduled when my ETL and STL were off. Our SFSr. sat in on one for a while. She's certified, so it was nice. He (DM) said there would be more shorter walk-through type visits. I think they have figured out how difficult it is for smaller stores to give up 3 hours to a meeting.
You've had an ETL at a DSV??? Holy shit.
I wouldn't think you'd want to sit with yours for 3 hours :rolleyes:.

I wouldn't think you'd want to sit with yours for 3 hours :rolleyes:.
True, but every time she hears about our workload she suddenly understands why I ask to use all of my payroll. And then she steps out onto the sales floor and forgets about all of it and tries to cut as much as she can so the sales floor zone can be perfect. Because obviously guests won't shop here anymore if they see the diamonds on the shelf.

My new ETL is super pumped and we walked Starbucks together and I told him my routines and what support I need. Let's just see if he can put his money where his mouth is. If he does awesome if not oh well.

I have but never for long. I had one TM that was a Merchandise Brand TM that worked at Starbucks and I would schedule her with us once in a while. She ended up quitting.

Back