Starbucks Team Leaders

Found it, the shipper misplaced the damn pallet yet again...Twice now that this happened. It was left in the warehouse in Tennessee since last week.

Jeez. Mine comes from TN too. Last year, they completely lost one of ours. The answer was that they would look on the trucks as they unloaded them. Needless to say, we never saw that delivery. Glad they found it.

Just curious if anyone has made plans for the Reigniting the Starbucks Experience training. Went over it with DM and ETL. ETL was pretty uncomfortable.

Just curious if anyone has made plans for the Reigniting the Starbucks Experience training. Went over it with DM and ETL. ETL was pretty uncomfortable.

i told my stl it doesn't make sense for us to do a 45 minute meeting the way we schedule ourselves. he was ok with 1-1. without the multiple people talking and they see what others say it'll go quicker. dm was ok with the back to basics customer service 1-1's but didn't like the reigniting 1-1's. too bad. unless i get a lot more team members and time to have two meetings with no guests to deal with or we can do it during happy hour, that won't happen.

Hi guys I have a quick question. How do I order the chalk markers that we need for the new set? I was told sap but I'm pretty sure that's wrong lol

Hey guys! Glad others are struggling with the meeting too. My etl keeps ignoring the fact we have to have a meeting and I really don't know what to do.

Other question how is everyone handling the food/starbucks combo? It's been harder for me. We don't have a cafe so I own market, and the way I am being scheduled I am either behind the bar or I'm in food. I have no off stage time for load/organizing/setting sirens eyes/order/cleaning etc. I am either behind the bar, or have the expectation I'm in food. It's been hard because our load is still half way worked because I was scheduled in food the day it came in(it came in late). And I'm worried about setting the 5/2 stuff because I have the expectation on 5/1 that I'm opening the store, behind the bar till 12 and then working the load/setting the new tumblers so on 5/2 I can focus on food. It's been a struggle.

in addition crazy things with the schedule keep happening and I feel like I'm being told I can't help because I'm "Consumables" on the day they are scheduled. For example I had one Barista scheduled 9-6 by themselves. On a Friday. I was told I shouldn't be over there unless I'm covering their break, and anytime I went over there they were drowning. Very hard for me to watch.

I got Café added but it's not that bad for me. I have a strong team in Starbucks with my AST team member who also is an FSA overseeing them as I transition into food ave. If I was you I'd speak with your ETL or even STL and tell them about the issues with your schedule. The sirens eye has to be set. Do you have reliable TMs in Market?

Firstly, ask your ETL if you should be ignoring back up to the lanes, or endymes! Starbucks is no different. If they need backup, they need backup. Then, if you aren't getting all of the hours allocated to Starbucks, explain that you could stay in Market if your Starbucks team were getting all of their hours.
I think it is essential to have a great, reliable AST in Starbucks. Being a Sr, I was frequently scheduled only one or 2 days in Starbucks anyhow, so I had to develop a self sufficient group. I rarely do the order, and haven't for over a year. For the sets, we tag team them. Monday opener starts it (and sometimes finishes), and Tuesday opener takes care of whats left. I have 3 baristas I am comfortable with doing the sets by themselves. All of the baristas know how to date and put away the order. Obviously, this is not going to happen for you next week, but is something to work toward. You have to keep asking for both training hours and some offstage planning hours. If your ETL isn't fighting for you, try your ETL HR. I finally started getting my allocated hours for Starbucks when our new HR went to bat for us.
See if your receiver would be able to help out by putting the order into shopping carts for the baristas to push one by one.
Detrashing the mugs, etc. early helps on set day. Also having some of the signing assembled early is possible sometimes.
Try to involve your front end a little bit too. It is really helpful when GSTL/GSA can come over to take orders in a pinch.

Hey guys! Glad others are struggling with the meeting too. My etl keeps ignoring the fact we have to have a meeting and I really don't know what to do.

Other question how is everyone handling the food/starbucks combo? It's been harder for me. We don't have a cafe so I own market, and the way I am being scheduled I am either behind the bar or I'm in food. I have no off stage time for load/organizing/setting sirens eyes/order/cleaning etc. I am either behind the bar, or have the expectation I'm in food. It's been hard because our load is still half way worked because I was scheduled in food the day it came in(it came in late). And I'm worried about setting the 5/2 stuff because I have the expectation on 5/1 that I'm opening the store, behind the bar till 12 and then working the load/setting the new tumblers so on 5/2 I can focus on food. It's been a struggle.
I don't have much advice unfortunately (I was market/electronics/seasonal before taking sbux and cafe), but I'm in a pretty similar spot. If you have a good ETL (I go to my ETL LOG) they can help you come up with a routine that helps you organize your time better. I totally get how difficult it is trying to juggle everything at once.

I don't have much advice unfortunately (I was market/electronics/seasonal before taking sbux and cafe), but I'm in a pretty similar spot. If you have a good ETL (I go to my ETL LOG) they can help you come up with a routine that helps you organize your time better. I totally get how difficult it is trying to juggle everything at once.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my ETL wants as little to do with bux as possible :-(. But I agree it's a good idea to find an ETL that will help get a good routine in place

I love this!
If you REALLY want to be endeared to the front end: comp them a drink when they're done detrashing, get a volunteer to do your samples, find out who's really good at sign art (& give them a drink for helping).
We have some savvy cashiers who not only pitch the red card but let them know it can be used at Starbucks, too ;)

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately my ETL wants as little to do with bux as possible :-(. But I agree it's a good idea to find an ETL that will help get a good routine in place
My ETL is the same way. She sits upstairs on the computer most of the day, and hangs out in softlines or the STL's office for the rest. She still doesn't like me going to another ETL, but I'd rather develop into a better lead than follow her example. Once I have my routine settled out I can always give you some examples! :)

Back