Store Paygrades

Don't know but cannot be more than me a perishable assistant After three years and a half only making 11.44 per hour. So I would say food team would start at probably only 50 cents more than a cashier.

I don't think there's going to be a PA anymore. The reason why I'm so confused is because (at my store at least) food team is made up of people from flow, sales floor, and back room but everyone is getting a raise so I feel like it would have to be more than 50 cents just so that it would actually be a bump for everyone and not just sales floor.

N03 = Base pay [usually minimum wage](Cashier, Cart Attendant, Sales Floor)
N05 = Base + 25 cents (Instocks, Pricing, GSA, Brand TM)
N07 = Base + 50 cents (Flow, Backroom, Presentation, PA)
N09 = Base + 75 cents (TPS)
N11 = Base + 2.25 (Sr TPS)
N13 = Base + 3.00 (TL, APS)
N15 = Base + 4.00 (AP TL, Sr APS)
N17 = Base + 5.00 (Sr TL, PMT, VML)

Wow lol.... So i'm N07 (nice) but STPS only makes 25 cents more then the electronics tm?!?!?! Wow!!

N03 = Base pay [usually minimum wage](Cashier, Cart Attendant, Sales Floor)
N05 = Base + 25 cents (Instocks, Pricing, GSA, Brand TM)
N07 = Base + 50 cents (Flow, Backroom, Presentation, PA)
N09 = Base + 75 cents (TPS)
N11 = Base + 2.25 (Sr TPS)
N13 = Base + 3.00 (TL, APS)
N15 = Base + 4.00 (AP TL, Sr APS)
N17 = Base + 5.00 (Sr TL, PMT, VML)

Wow lol.... So i'm N07 (nice) but STPS only makes 25 cents more then the electronics tm?!?!?! Wow!!
TPS is $1.00 over base. So 50 cents above N07.

And my SR TPS promotion was a $2.25 raise over what I was already making as TPS. So in my district it was $3.25 over base.

So I'm (as a backroom tm originally) looking into start cross-training into cashier and hardlines as part of an end goal of getting into electronics and one of the questions I asked my ETL-HR was about the pay because I previously read somewhere else that backroom TMs fall under a higher bracket than what I'm looking to train as.

Well she just gave me a weird look and muttered something about how I'm already at base pay. According this chart I should be making more, right?

So I'm (as a backroom tm originally) looking into start cross-training into cashier and hardlines as part of an end goal of getting into electronics and one of the questions I asked my ETL-HR was about the pay because I previously read somewhere else that backroom TMs fall under a higher bracket than what I'm looking to train as.

Well she just gave me a weird look and muttered something about how I'm already at base pay. According this chart I should be making more, right?

You should make 50 cents over base. Ask your HR TM if you are actually keyed as a backroom tm. We have folks keyed as hardlines who only work backroom.

Are half your hours building bikes? That's how it works. If you are the only one, I would still ask if I were you. Can't hurt.

so bike builder is PG7? so if I'm the only one in the store building them should I get the $10.50 + my yearly raise?

Our bike builder is normally a hardlines tm so even when he is building bikes he still makes n03 pay.

I guess we only have 5 store hours to build bikes so I work all those 5 a week
So you would have to work less than 10 hours per week total in order for half your hours to be in bike building.

But as others have said it can't hurt to ask.

so bike builder is PG7? so if I'm the only one in the store building them should I get the $10.50 + my yearly raise?
I don't see why not. I'm in the same situation in my store and I am "Bike Builder" as my primary designation, even though a majority of my hours are spent on a different team. Bike builder has to be certified, inspects all bikes that are returned, and is ultimately responsible for the safety of our guests who purchase bikes (that's why you have to initial and date every bike with a Safe Ride sticker).

My store is screwed if I ever quit, get fired, or injured. I'm the only certified bike builder, I do the RFID scan every week (consistently green), and I'm one of 3 instocks trained TMs.

Last edited:
that's why you have to initial and date every bike with a Safe Ride sticker)
So I definitely have not been doing that, and I'm pretty sure none of the other trained bike builders in the store do it either...

Here's the latest list as of May.

Pay grade 3
  • Brand attendant
  • Cart attendant
  • Fitting room
  • Operator
  • Cashier
  • Salesfloor (hardlines/softlines)
  • Guest service tm
Paygrade 5
  • Food Service
  • Instocks
  • Merchandise brand
  • Price accuracy
  • Sales floor tm food
Pay grade 7
  • Electronics
  • Entertainment
  • Fulfillment team member
  • Food team member
  • GSA
  • Hrtm
  • Just in time fulfillment
  • Backroom day/early/overnight
  • Flow/early/overnight
  • Offsite warehouse driver
  • Plano
  • Reticket team member (Alaska hawaii only)
  • Bike builder
  • Starbucks
  • Express HR
  • Express team member
Pay grade 9
  • Deli tm
  • Grocery food assistant formerly PA
  • Reciever/reverse logistics
  • Signing tm
  • TPS
Pay grade 11
  • Baker