Store Paygrades

I'm not saying Starbucks can't be crosstrained. They most definitely are able to cashier and do pick up shifts if they need extra hours. However, like @Amanda Cantwell said, I've never seen a Starbucks TM leave Starbucks to go cashier when backup is requested.

That was my real point.
Have you ever seen a Starbucks with enough coverage for a Starbucks TM to leave to back-up?

I'm not saying Starbucks can't be crosstrained. They most definitely are able to cashier and do pick up shifts if they need extra hours. However, like @Amanda Cantwell said, I've never seen a Starbucks TM leave Starbucks to go cashier when backup is requested.

That was my real point.
My store backups the lanes all the time.
Need get frozen truck? Nope, to the lanes you go because we only have one cashier at 5pm.

Yes but does Starbucks back up the lanes? No.
You also have to ask, how many people are cross-trained to back-up at lanes (trick question, everyone is trained to) vs how many people are crosses trained to back-up Starbucks (very limited). Its a store by store basis, stores in my area. No one in the store is crossed-trained to help Starbucks. Either due to lack of hours to train people or lack of people willing to go near Starbucks. Because its so foreign to people. Again, its different for each store. Makes more sense to pull from the sales floor than Starbucks. Usually they need the coverage most of the time (rare that Starbucks has full coverage).

That was my real point.
Well that's sad. My team do
Yes but does Starbucks back up the lanes? No.

Mine do 🤷‍♀️
On their own....
A few times a week atleast....
Without. Even. Being. Asked 😉

Being in a flex store, we almost never have cashiers

Also Asuras is right. I'm in a very slow store currently so it is easy for my team to go out and support. Some mornings it is so slow that I will open Sbux and go help push the truck in Pfresh, support self checkout so we can open a register, and help fold in softlines. Other high volume stores typically don't have the hours to have sbux tms support front end and for most stores starbucks gets 0 support. It is also VERY common for stores to deny sbux their true allotted hours.

Hello,

I looked through a few threads and didn’t see a definite answer.

It has been announced that we’re (TL) going to PG 45. When handed my annual raise (3%), I asked about the upgrade to PG45 and what we’d be shifted to once it rolls out (what’s our new minimum).

My ETL HR said it’s “in title only, and would not come with a bump up to the current base of $17.75.”

Anyone heard otherwise or another ASANTS?

Thank you.

I don't honestly think anyone knows yet. We think there will be a bump for the Leads but nothing specific yet. Gotta wait till that minimum bump!

Today I was looking through the Compensation tab in the workday website. I saw something as Plan type “Merit”, Compenation Plan “ store hourly 30/35 Merit Plan and it has an end date around end of May 2019. Does anyone know what it is?

Today I was looking through the Compensation tab in the workday website. I saw something as Plan type “Merit”, Compenation Plan “ store hourly 30/35 Merit Plan and it has an end date around end of May 2019. Does anyone know what it is?

I was poking around today and noticed the same thing. The plan type changed from "hourly" to "30/35 merit". Wouldn't it still be an hourly plan even if going up to $13? Why use the word "merit?" That implies something more.

Back