Store Paygrades

I usually get 70+ cents.

At least the last few years.

Before the new review scores I always got outstanding, except for my first review after being seasonal 11 years ago.

From everyone's experience, when you have your yearly review, what is the norm when it comes to raises? Do you just get a pat on the back or is it 25 cents or so?

You can get anywhere from a 0 to 5% raise depending on the score you get on your review.

.70 for me too. If the trend keeps up ill be above 15 when we all get bumped up, so will still be ahead of the game

How much over base is pg35?

Assuming it's 50 cents. Our base is $12.75 so pg35 would be $13.25. Once they bump the starting pay to $13 will that create two levels of pg35? One for $12.75 team members who got bumped to $13 and one for current pg35 TMs who I presume will not see a pay increase?

Assuming it's 50 cents. Our base is $12.75 so pg35 would be $13.25. Once they bump the starting pay to $13 will that create two levels of pg35? One for $12.75 team members who got bumped to $13 and one for current pg35 TMs who I presume will not see a pay increase?
There are only two pay grades going forward, PG35 and PG45. Specialty areas will no longer receive their 50 cent incentive. $13 an hour goes into effect after our reviews, so if you were making less than that, you will be bumped to 13. If you were making more than that already, you won’t be impacted by it at all.

Hello,

I looked through a few threads and didn’t see a definite answer.

It has been announced that we’re (TL) going to PG 45. When handed my annual raise (3%), I asked about the upgrade to PG45 and what we’d be shifted to once it rolls out (what’s our new minimum).

My ETL HR said it’s “in title only, and would not come with a bump up to the current base of $17.75.”

Anyone heard otherwise or another ASANTS?

Thank you.

Hello,

It has been announced that we’re (TL) going to PG 45. When handed my annual raise (3%), I asked about the upgrade to PG45 and what we’d be shifted to once it rolls out (what’s our new minimum).

My ETL HR said it’s “in title only, and would not come with a bump up to the current base of $17.75.”

Thank you.
Been trying to find info on this as well but even my STL doesn't know anything yet (She's not the type to hold anything back from us)... I'm also trying to find out if my Sbux team will be bumped up once Target is bumping up base pay in July...because they already make over what they are bumping pay to. But sbux has always been a role that made more $$$

Been trying to find info on this as well but even my STL doesn't know anything yet (She's not the type to hold anything back from us)... I'm also trying to find out if my Sbux team will be bumped up once Target is bumping up base pay in July...because they already make over what they are bumping pay to. But sbux has always been a role that made more $$$

From what I was told there will only be one Paygrade for team members regardless of position. The cashier makes the sale as beauty makes the same as Starbucks. If you're at or over $13 now you won't be getting a bump.

From what I was told there will only be one Paygrade for team members regardless of position. The cashier makes the sale as beauty makes the same as Starbucks. If you're at or over $13 now you won't be getting a bump.

That part I’ve had confirmed. All TLs here had impression of new base of $17.75 with PG45 now we’re getting a vague no.

Hello,

Thank you.
Been trying to find info on this as well but even my STL doesn't know anything yet (She's not the type to hold anything back from us)... I'm also trying to find out if my Sbux team will be bumped up once Target is bumping up base pay in July...because they already make over what they are bumping pay to. But sbux has always been a role that made more
Oh hell. There is going to be ALOT ot backlash and stores will see high loss of sbux tms due to that. They already aren't allowed tips or free food/free drinks. Tms don't get tuition reimbursement or stock in the company so WHY would they stay at Target when they can get ALL that plus more at a stand alone bux. God I'm happy af that I have a good team and great leaders who help them feel included in the store. Because if this was my old store, they would be dropping like flies once they realized the cashiers who stand around all day are making the same as them.

Corporate tell me this. WHY are my tms expected to leave their workcenter to go up for backup or push carts etc but my guest service tm isn't allowed to learn the register at sbux ? If I was a high volume store, I'd be raising hell over this.

I'd be surprised if Starbucks was lumped into PG35 like everyone else. Before the extra pay bump for beauty/electronics/softlines, they already made 50 cents more, I think, to accommodate the fact that they don't get the perks that the corporate Starbucks employees get.

Also Starbucks don't backup cashier. From what I've seen, they stay solely in their own workcenter because they are so specialized. It could be an ASANTs thing though...?

Been trying to find info on this as well but even my STL doesn't know anything yet (She's not the type to hold anything back from us)... I'm also trying to find out if my Sbux team will be bumped up once Target is bumping up base pay in July...because they already make over what they are bumping pay to. But sbux has always been a role that made more

as far as i've been made aware, there isn't a differential for Starbucks anymore; it's just PG35 across the board. $13 minimum for everyone

but my guest service tm isn't allowed to learn the register at sbux ?

why not? service and engagement actually owns the guest experience at starbucks (no wait, friendly guest interactions, etc) so having more front end people who know how to ring is definitely a good way to get started with that. definitely bring that up to the TL/ETL who won't let you train the person on register. the actual operations (making drinks, food, etc) is still general merch/food, though.

Also Starbucks don't backup cashier. From what I've seen, they stay solely in their own workcenter because they are so specialized. It could be an ASANTs thing though...?

there's no reason that starbucks can't backup cashier if they've got the coverage and it's not very busy. but that's very rarely, if ever.

as far as i've been made aware, there isn't a differential for Starbucks anymore; it's just PG35 across the board. $13 minimum for everyone

why not? service and engagement actually owns the guest experience at starbucks (no wait, friendly guest interactions, etc) so having more front end people who know how to ring is definitely a good way to get started with that. definitely bring that up to the TL/ETL who won't let you train the person on register. the actual operations (making drinks, food, etc) is still general merch/food, though.

-----my STL told her no. Didn't give a reason. I told her its prob because she's too much of an asset to guest service.

there's no reason that starbucks can't backup cashier if they've got the coverage and it's not very busy. but that's very rarely, if ever.

---ASANTS. My team has always been crosstrained. Anyone I hire is crosstrained for cashier immediately and I have tms go up atleast a few times a week. They help out at self checkout too I've had tms in the past crosstrained as guests service, gsa, cash office, & food. It allows my team to grab more hours, lets us cover peak times extremely well & decreases the need for seasonal hiring. Win/win.

---ASANTS. My team has always been crosstrained. Anyone I hire is crosstrained for cashier immediately and I have tms go up atleast a few times a week. They help out at self checkout too I've had tms in the past crosstrained as guests service, gsa, cash office, & food. It allows my team to grab more hours, lets us cover peak times extremely well & decreases the need for seasonal hiring. Win/win.

i think you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. i did literally say "there's no reason that starbucks can't backup cashier"

I'd be surprised if Starbucks was lumped into PG35 like everyone else. Before the extra pay bump for beauty/electronics/softlines, they already made 50 cents more, I think, to accommodate the fact that they don't get the perks that the corporate Starbucks employees get.

Electronics had been extra pay long before we even had a beauty department team members or softlines got an extra pay.

Yeah, I learned Starbucks POS and once you get the hang of what’s in what category it’s not difficult at all.

At my store some (not all) of the sbux TMs are also cashiers and will get cashier shifts but I’ve never seen someone scheduled as Starbucks leave and go backup. It’s always too busy there.

Back