Archived Switching to flow team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a cashier/guest service forever and id love to switch over to the flow team however my ETL- HR won't have it. She basically told me you do so wonderful at guest service and you are a great cashier!! It really annoys me that they won't allow me to switch over to flow team because apparently I'm so well liked at guest service. Does this seem quite fair??

We have flow team members who work flow from 4 am until 8 am and then cashier/guest service from 8 am until 1230 pm. Maybe that is something they might allow you to do?

I just wonder if they are hurting so badly for guest service team members ( we have 3 that are trained) and they are afraid it I leave they'll be out of luck so my hr makes up flimsy excuse oh we need you..

I've been a cashier/guest service forever and id love to switch over to the flow team however my ETL- HR won't have it. She basically told me you do so wonderful at guest service and you are a great cashier!! It really annoys me that they won't allow me to switch over to flow team because apparently I'm so well liked at guest service. Does this seem quite fair??

There might not be enough coverage that they can afford to lose you. Also, they could be setting you up as front end's pipeline and would really hate to lose you. At my store, there's 2 softlines closers that's been wanting to switch to flow for the last 4 months (because they're frustrated with lack of hours and management). Our ETL softlines have literally been avoiding discussing that topic with them because they're few of the best closers (one is their softline's pipeline) - - not to mention there's not enough closers. It kinda sucks but I believe TMs should be able to switch asap, especially if they're top performers. People are so quick to move bad performers to different workcenters whenever they want to...

True you do have a point. I suppose I'll be stuck in guest service/ cashiering for the time being anyways.

Maybe let them know your reason for wanting to switch to flow? If they're not giving you enough hours, they might give you more hours just to keep you. Or maybe you'd like a more steady schedule? I know, it sucks that it takes this much work just to switch workcenters, but sometimes it's really hard to find good people then later switch to a diff workcenter :)

Also, they could be setting you up as front end's pipeline and would really hate to lose you
That's a bs reason. We've had a TM go from cashier to flow to GSA.

Im having literally the same problem. I was hired on with the idea that Id be softlines then I was put into hardlines. I have softline experience with a little hardlines. When I brought it up with my ETL I was told its not an option at this time and I beg to be crossed train all over the store. They brought over some other team members to hardlines because we lost a few people;I was looking at their schedules for next week and they are both scheduled in at least 2 other work centers. I told my ETL I want to move up but they are hoarding me in just hardlines. So frustrated.

Talk to ETL Logistics and see if they have a need. Moving is much easier when someone advocates for you.

Make sure you understand Flow requirements. You will be getting up early, it is physically demanding and you may find tms from other work centers are less appreciative or outright unfriendly. You gain fitness and insight into Spot and retail in general. You will make good friends and appreciate things others take for granted (air conditioning, cool water, teamwork). Go for it but be ready.

Voice your concerns as much as you can to you TL,ETL, HR. It's not about being well liked. Whether it's for more hours, scheduling, stability, or just to do something different any good upper should understand that. Try talking to the Flow TL that's how I ended up working with them. :3 Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back