Target Circle

I lowkey kind of love Target Circle. I can just surf the deals at home, add everything in market that I might buy soon, and put my phone number in at the register for the deals if I do buy those groceries. Easy peasy. The only thing that sucks is that you can only save 50 deals at a time.

Yeah I love that part too. I think I've spent 30 hours talking about Target Circle today. I might have nightmares of the target logo growing sharp teeth and coming to shred my brain.

We cross posted. How is saving offers before coming in and using your phone or printed bar code different from saving offers before coming in and using your phone number that different?

It's different for me because I don't take my phone into the store when on the clock. So the phone number option makes it easier for me to shop on lunch or after work.

Btw, what safeguards are there to keep someone from using someone else's phone number and using the entire gift card balance for the transaction?

Btw, what safeguards are there to keep someone from using someone else's phone number and using the entire gift card balance for the transaction?
There’s a grocery store near me that uses an extremely similar rewards system but you get 2% on their owned brands on top of the normal 1% on everything. With theirs you have to activate the rewards in your app before it’ll work with your phone number but the “coupons” work whenever

But what about " Yes, I want to use 'my' $1 gift card on 'my' account towards this purchase." Is there a safeguard?

There’s a grocery store near me that uses an extremely similar rewards system but you get 2% on their owned brands on top of the normal 1% on everything. With theirs you have to activate the rewards in your app before it’ll work with your phone number but the “coupons” work whenever
That would be a great way for Target to promote owned brands. 2%.

But what about " Yes, I want to use 'my' $1 gift card on 'my' account towards this purchase." Is there a safeguard?
Do you not have to add them in the app first?

No payment of any kind will activate in any shape, form, or fashion from entering the phone # into the credit card terminal. Thus, there's no need to safeguard any $x value of any kind.

All that your phone number entry does:
  • If you saved Circle Offers to your account via the app or the website (including manufacturer's coupons offered through Circle Offers), at checkout, these will be applied.
  • If your form of payment does not include a RedCard in this transaction whatsoever (if a RedCard is used even partially, you get nothing), 1% of the pre-tax amount due will be credited to your Circle Earnings.
  • Give you a vote for every purchase you make.
  • That's it

No payment of any kind will activate in any shape, form, or fashion from entering the phone # into the credit card terminal. Thus, there's no need to safeguard any $x value of any kind.

All that your phone number entry does:
  • If you saved Circle Offers to your account via the app or the website (including manufacturer's coupons offered through Circle Offers), at checkout, these will be applied.
  • If your form of payment does not include a RedCard in this transaction whatsoever (if a RedCard is used even partially, you get nothing), 1% of the pre-tax amount due will be credited to your Circle Earnings.
  • Give you a vote for every purchase you make.
  • That's it
What about weekly ad coupons saved to barcode and ™ discount though

If you have the offer saved in your app then if a family member puts in the mobile number associated with the account, it should apply the available added offers to the transaction without the barcode. Same if you added the offers then your phone dies. Your phone number should link to the currently added offers.
No, putting in the phone number just gets you the target circle 1% cash back if you aren’t using a redcard. Simply entering the phone number will not apply all the coupons, discounts, payments, etc that are saved under Wallet. We actually have to scan the barcode for that.

No, putting in the phone number just gets you the target circle 1% cash back if you aren’t using a redcard. Simply entering the phone number will not apply all the coupons, discounts, payments, etc that are saved under Wallet. We actually have to scan the barcode for that.

then someone should probably tell the people who design the app and the website and all the documentation on workbench which says stuff that is completely different :]

I don’t remember ever being told that entering your number could get everything from the wallet. Not even in the training. If that were true, people who had their redcard saved in their wallet would be able to just put in their phone number and it would automatically pay. But that isn’t the case

Nope it does work. Seen it many times.

The Circle page tells you that you can enter your phone number to redeem offers. It also says you can activate the 1% gift card. Guess that is new lol. Oops.

Wording clearly says the number can do both, the 1% earnings specifically if you turn on the little switch.

D4CC77FE-0441-45A4-89FA-926DA7DABCC1.jpeg

And the earning doesn’t even apply to people with a red card which is the majority of guests so I think adding the phone number is pretty pointless. If someone has an offer I can just scan the wallet

And the earning doesn’t even apply to people with a red card which is the majority of guests so I think adding the phone number is pretty pointless. If someone has an offer I can just scan the wallet
That's fine. The phone number or the Wallet, but Target wants one or the other.

Even with a RedCard, if they want to use the Circle Offers (formerly Cartwheel), they have to join this program anyway.

I believe the average usage rate is somewhere around 25% (someone hop in and correct me if I’m wrong). You may notice more RCs but the likelihood your store has over 50% pentration is low AFAIK

It will apply offers you have selected. It will not apply your TM discount. I tested this after rollout.

Back