Target Circle

I got a t shirt. I'm happy. I talked it up but actually was surprised to find most people knew all about it.

I went up for back-up today and I had no idea why the total would not work right away. Called over the SEL and he was like " We showed you guest advocates how to work this." Told him I am a GM team member and don't ring register that often. So the cashier in the next lane took time out to let me know how it works.

There needs to be some huddles with the sales floor teams so they can be told about this update. I'm sure most stores won't though.

About half of my guests entered their mobile number. I got two red cards today. One was a spur of the moment sign up and the other planned to come in and sign up. Neither one of them had the app on their phone. About 3/4 of the way into my shift, I was so relieved when my SETL put me on SCO. I was sooooo done with talking so much to everyone.

I added some offers to my cartwheel and when I went to the register (SCO), I entered my phone #. At first I thought the offers were not showing up, but they were applied when I hit the total button, so people can choose their offers on a PC and enter the number at the POS and get the deals which is really nice.

Hi! So if the guest doesn't have the target app or does not want to download it, how then will they redeem their 1% later? If they have the app then their votes and savings is both easy to access and view able anytime.... how do they find out how much they have and then how do they use their savings when they are only entering their number in at checkout?

Yeah...my question is similar. Will they get circle/cartwheel deals if they only input their phone number? Or is that solely for the 1%?

They can log into their target account at Target.com either on a computer or from their phone. When they initially sign up with their phone number they get a text prompting them to create a target.com account, you have to have one to join circle. And yes circle deals are tied to your phone number so to redeem them you either scan your wallet barcode or enter your phone number they both work.

But if they don’t know bedding is 20% off if they use circle (ala the old cartwheel where you had to add the offer or scan the item barcode to see if there was a cartwheel offer), would a guest get it automatically just by inputting their phone number at the register?

In other words, do the deals now automatically load or does the guest still have to “work” to get them? If that makes sense...

I went up for back-up today and I had no idea why the total would not work right away. Called over the SEL and he was like " We showed you guest advocates how to work this." Told him I am a GM team member and don't ring register that often. So the cashier in the next lane took time out to let me know how it works.

man its not that i dont believe you but my instinct is to call bullshit because how does an setl not know the people in their own workcenter. are they new??

But if they don’t know bedding is 20% off if they use circle (ala the old cartwheel where you had to add the offer or scan the item barcode to see if there was a cartwheel offer), would a guest get it automatically just by inputting their phone number at the register?

In other words, do the deals now automatically load or does the guest still have to “work” to get them? If that makes sense...
You still have to add the offers to your list to be able to redeem them sadly

man its not that i dont believe you but my instinct is to call bullshit because how does an setl not know the people in their own workcenter. are they new??
To give the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they did not recognize the voice?

I just came back to work yesterday after a long weekend off and I had to deal with the register holding me hostage with the prompt until I had the conversation with the customer about Target Circle. Then I could total. After that, I started asking them way before totaling because that prompt is annoying.

Okay so after they initially enter their phone number into the card reader and it sends them a link to sign up for the target account, how will they then redeem their 1% later at the register? If they don’t have the app On their phone I mean. So say a week later the guest comes back in after joining and initially getting 1% off a 500.00 cart... they enter their number into the key pad again... does the 1% they previously banked come up on the key pad asking them if they want to redeem it in the current transaction?

SETL here. A lot of my advocates are not thrilled with this new rollout and guests seem annoyed with the extra step at the pinpad. When I tell the advocates to overly simplify it and just tell the guest "Put your number in for some exclusive rewards" as they are ringing up, this has made it easier so they don't feel like they are spewing a lot of information to their guests.

How are you guys feeling with this new launch and how are you getting your teams more involved?

Is selecting deals on the website easy to find, and is the barcode the same? I couldn't find cartwheel on the site, had to google the link, but I'm sure the name change made the link stop working.

Advocates at my store are hating it as well but most of our guest are listening and not getting annoyed by the enter your number or no thanks at the key pad. Our advocates feel like there is not enough time in a single transaction to speak on red card, circle (formerly cartwheel) offers, and the benefits of putting int their number to be part of Circle. I think once everyone gets use to the change it will become easier for them..... i hope so at least

The cartwheel offers and how they work are the same.... just called Circle offers now. The added bonus with signing up is the 1% ... the birthday coupon.... the opportunity to vote.

Advocates at my store are hating it as well but most of our guest are listening and not getting annoyed by the enter your number or no thanks at the key pad. Our advocates feel like there is not enough time in a single transaction to speak on red card, circle (formerly cartwheel) offers, and the benefits of putting int their number to be part of Circle. I think once everyone gets use to the change it will become easier for them..... i hope so at least

beginning of interaction, after greeting and pleasantries: “do you have any circle offers or 1% rewards to redeem?”

near end of transaction: “saving 5% off with your redcard today?”

just keep it simple

Where on the website is the bar code? I found the offers, I found the dashboard, but I can't find the bar code.

But where is it on the website? Where is the barcode so that I can print it out for my family members to use when they aren't glued to my side - which could be done with Cartwheel. Is it gone, or just hiding really well on the website?

Back