Target Circle

Signs all over but we Tech TMs didn't get any shirts. I guess because we wouldn't have conversations with guests looking to buy expensive tech and we don't ring people up?
I asked the SEETL for a few shirts after seeing a GM tm with one, before we supposed to start wearing them.

Make sure to only put up the red target circle door clings. They sent an ism correction update today telling people not to put up the white confetti clings and to put the red ones on the far windows so the 2 center windows are clear

Make sure to only put up the red target circle door clings. They sent an ism correction update today telling people not to put up the white confetti clings and to put the red ones on the far windows so the 2 center windows are clear

Oops...ours got put up yesterday. Was fun watching confused guests this morning trying to figure out how to get in the building.

Too late. Our red ones are on the inside doors. But I did have the SETL take down the white ones before the correction was sent, was too much with it up.

I had a lot of GM people asking me for a shirt but we got so few in! Like 12 or something? And half of them were XL. I felt bad saying no but I didn't even have enough for my team.

That's helpful. Now how 'bout an option to email me my receipt?
Although not exactly the same thing, if you save a card (be it a RedCard or a regular CC/DC) in your account and use it to pay in combination with the Wallet, the Purchases section of your profile has a tab for In-Store or Online purchases that remembers your purchases.

Not sure if that's the functionality you are after but it's aaite lol.

2E440F76-A890-4F17-AA78-0EEE5B61F44B.jpeg

BE5176BF-EF18-408D-8E67-70D27556D6DD.jpeg
BE5176BF-EF18-408D-8E67-70D27556D6DD.jpeg

Although not exactly the same thing, if you save a card (be it a RedCard or a regular CC/DC) in your account and use it to pay in combination with the Wallet, the Purchases section of your profile has a tab for In-Store or Online purchases that remembers your purchases.

Not sure if that's the functionality you are after but it's aaite lol.

View attachment 8830

View attachment 8831
View attachment 8831
don't spend all those rewards in one place

Today our front end was understaffed. Making a brief explanation of Target Circle, so the guest could either sign up on the POS pad or click "no thanks", definitely slowed things down. It's sometimes hard enough dealing with details like "what price is this", security tags, price match requests or "the sign says" price challenges, and so forth. Although this was a very busy work shift given we were critically short-handed, I did actually still generate a RedCard signup which I had not anticipated given the "speed bump" aspect of the Target Circle rollout. Methinks corporate didn't consider that this week's Circle rollout and the "speed bump" added to transactions might slow things down significantly, and add more hours for front-end TMs.

What training? I was off this weekend. SETL calls for backup. I go up. I can't figure out why it won't total. I had to turn my light on. Great job with the training at my store. No signing up either. Correction, I saw the signs at each register being put up right before I left on Monday at 1:30.

What training? I was off this weekend. SETL calls for backup. I go up. I can't figure out why it won't total. I had to turn my light on. Great job with the training at my store. No signing up either. Correction, I saw the signs at each register being put up right before I left on Monday at 1:30.
Another example of ASANT. In our store, training was conducted earlier last week. It was strange that each and every transaction faced the "speed bump" obligating the guest to sign up or press "no thanks". As my work shift progressed, I became more proactive in bringing up Circle with my guests to minimize transaction delays, but had our store not put us through the training, I'd be really confused. Some people with the Target app already had Circle. Of other guests, about half signed up and about half didn't.

Some guests may not want "data mining" of their personal shopping habits by store frequent-shopper programs. Many retailers today pressure their customers into using frequent-shopper programs, and in many cases stores will not allow customers to obtain advertised sale prices unless they enroll in their store's program. (Target Circle is not that restrictive at this time). Walmart and Trader Joes have resisted this frequent-shopper-program trend, so they doubtless attract many "I don't want to be tracked by Big Brother" customers. However, unless you are paying your bill with paper currency and coins, big stores including Walmart and Trader Joes can and do track all purchases associated with a specific credit or debit card, so they can use that info for some types of data mining allowed by card issuer's privacy policies.

Last edited:
Another example of ASANT. In our store, training was conducted earlier last week. It was strange that each and every transaction faced the "speed bump" obligating the guest to sign up or press "no thanks". As my work shift progressed, I became more proactive in bringing up Circle with my guests to minimize transaction delays, but had our store not put us through the training, I'd be really confused. Some people with the Target app already had Circle. Of other guests, about half signed up and about half didn't.

Some guests may not want "data mining" of their personal shopping habits by store frequent-shopper programs. Many retailers today pressure their customers into using frequent-shopper programs, and in many cases stores will not allow customers to obtain advertised sale prices unless they enroll in their store's program. (Target Circle is not that restrictive at this time). Walmart and Trader Joes have resisted this frequent-shopper-program trend, so they doubtless attract many "I don't want to be tracked by Big Brother" customers. However, unless you are paying your bill with paper currency and coins, big stores including Walmart and Trader Joes can and do track all purchases associated with a specific credit or debit card, so they can use that info for some types of data mining allowed by card issuer's privacy policies.

I never used Cartwheel myself and never have time on the clock to teach myself what the benefits are. Circle is the same way. Unless I'm given time out 9f my workload, all I'm doing is telling the guest to either put in their phone number or hit no thanks. If they have any questions, I'll turn on my light.

Today our front end was understaffed. Making a brief explanation of Target Circle, so the guest could either sign up on the POS pad or click "no thanks", definitely slowed things down. It's sometimes hard enough dealing with details like "what price is this", security tags, price match requests or "the sign says" price challenges, and so forth. Although this was a very busy work shift given we were critically short-handed, I did actually still generate a RedCard signup which I had not anticipated given the "speed bump" aspect of the Target Circle rollout. Methinks corporate didn't consider that this week's Circle rollout and the "speed bump" added to transactions might slow things down significantly, and add more hours for front-end TMs.
What about 4 call offs front end Monday night

The enhancing guest loyalty training was only for guest advocates up front. An additional hour was given to the service and engagement workcenter for each advocate your store has. Why EVERYONE wasn’t made to do it, idk. But yes, not being able to hit total before the guest selects to enter their digits or no thanks is annoying.

The White are still up at my store. I thought that it looked weird to have it 100% covered.

The enhancing guest loyalty training was only for guest advocates up front. An additional hour was given to the service and engagement workcenter for each advocate your store has. Why EVERYONE wasn’t made to do it, idk. But yes, not being able to hit total before the guest selects to enter their digits or no thanks is annoying.

technically that training is for everyone, there’s a button you click at the beginning if you’re not a GA that gives you a shortened version

Back