Status
Not open for further replies.
Or short-term injuries. I found myself needing to use Shipt last week when I broke my toe (well, probably broke, doc said he couldn't be certain without an X-ray that wouldn't change treatment). I sure as hell wasn't going to attempt hobbling around the store, especially after having called in earlier in the day after seeing the doc for my shift the next day. And no, I don't have someone else in the family that can do it for me.
I don't have easy access to transportation and tried Shipt when I was nearly out of milk. I love it. Going to Target is cheaper due to TM discount and cartwheel, but Shipt even with the subscription fee is cheaper than the other grocery stores, which is my emergency "I need something" that a family member can grab on the way home.

And I always forget some non-food item and always forget how much bread we have left. At home, it's easy to check for what is needed....such as "oh we need Drano" when I wash my hands.

I've done one Drive Up order since it started a few weeks ago in my store. I work in the city so my Target has a parking garage. The top level has a few dedicated spots for Drive Up. There's two of us at guest service on weekdays and three of us on weekends. If guest service is in back up, a GSA/GSTL will take the Drive Up order outside.

Working at a store today that has myDriveUp. Haunted by the honk. Though I took a myDevice from my store to use, nearby TMs myDevice, it was still loud enough.

Did we ever figure out why they made all the Zebras honk instead of just having it as a selectable MyAlert for the people who actually fulfill OPUs?

I would assume it's in case the person responsible for OPU is on break our out on a pick or stuck on a register or something so leadership is aware and can call out if anyone else can come in and assist. I've run orders out from time to time when OPU was on a pick and the front end was slammed.

Since the targets for delivering orders out to guests are so short, I can see why they'd want the alerts broadcast more broadly.

Also, MyAlerts often fail, IME, whereas the honks do not.

Wonder if they’ll finally let us ban the asshole who keeps sending both alerts simultaneously that seems to order every day at my store. We’re all sick of that person’s name popping up, even the LODs’ reactions are “not them again, ugh”.
WE have someone who now just buys fire sticks via drive up. they do that too.

*HONK HONK*
(0.1 ms later)
STL: WHO'S GETTING THAT???????????
GSTL: (Already halfway out the door) Got it....
STL: Ok cool

I now officially hate the honk honk. We had TWO guests hit the "I'm on my way" button within 5 minutes of store close... and both had eta's of 10+ minutes.

I'm going to make everyone's day.

Open Drive Up, click the square to go into multitasking mode, hold down on the icon, and go to app info, and force stop drive up.

Operator: Guest Services?
GS: Go for Guest Services?
Operator: You have a guest in drive up.
GS: What? It didn't appear on the app.
Operator: Yeh, she said she didn't know how to use the app so she just called.

SMH....

Operator: Guest Services?
GS: Go for Guest Services?
Operator: You have a guest in drive up.
GS: What? It didn't appear on the app.
Operator: Yeh, she said she didn't know how to use the app so she just called.

SMH....
At my store ‘Omni’ answers the phone, pulls the flexes and also takes up the drive ups. So we get guests all the time that call while we’re all the way in the back in the middle of a flex and tell us they’re waiting outside... get outside and they actually have an order pickup, not drive up.. and then we miss goal times on our flexes! Yay!

I have guests all the time that will call and be like “I accidentally did an order pickup instead of a drive up but I’m here in the parking spot so if you could just bring it me” it pisses me off so much. I take my sweeeeeeeet time getting it to them.
We tell them no. 🤷 If Spot wanted us to be bringing regular OPUs to the Drive Up spaces, they wouldn't have made Drive Up a separate option.

I have guests all the time that will call and be like “I accidentally did an order pickup instead of a drive up but I’m here in the parking spot so if you could just bring it me” it pisses me off so much. I take my sweeeeeeeet time getting it to them.
Tell them that the OPU needs to be voided in the system and reprocessed and they should wait for the revised email that should arrive within 30 minutes and then they can use OPU. OR, they can just come in now (and wait in line) to get it.

We've had so many new users for drive up. Most don't understand how to use app. Target makes everything complicated!

It's really not that complicated. The guests are just a tad too simple, apparently.
Agreed. As much as I rail about my GE at my old store, they did a great job of having us beta test the app before it rolled out. Instead of showing us how it worked, they had us figure it out so we could see it from a guest's perspective and offer feedback on it ease/difficulty. It's not hard. The biggest problem is them clicking they're here when they're at the traffic light (probably thinking they're "helping" when they're doing the inverse. But they don't know we're on a timer unless we tell them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back