Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have a couple of “regulars” in just the week it’s been available here that don’t understand you can’t get mad if you pushing the I’m here button only 5-10 minutes after the I’m leaving button- we can’t get your order ready that fast if it’s a doozy, especially if multiple orders drop at once! And a few that try to withhold the barcode. Seeing how long it takes for the barcode witholders to be banned for wrecking store metrics. Most of the time it’s manageable but the stores really need to know their demographics and peak times to predict when to have more staffing for drive up. Rush hour times and lunch hours seem to be the peak at my store, for instance, and the main demographic is mostly moms not wanting to have to make a full Target run themselves bringing babies home from daycare or Bobby and Suzy home from sports or extracurricular activities. If your store is like mine, you’re gonna need extra hours and more than one TM to cover all the drive up orders unless you want to field complaints from both guests and frazzled TMs alike.

I get the convenience factor - some people are lazy, sure, but I'm willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt.
But I wonder how this will affect total sales. We've all seen those guests, sometimes multiples in one shift, who tell us that they're finding way more than they were looking for when greeted and asked if there's something we can help them find. People come in for toothpaste and spend $70 easy. Seems like that won't happen with deliveries to the parking lot.

I get the convenience factor - some people are lazy, sure, but I'm willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt.
But I wonder how this will affect total sales. We've all seen those guests, sometimes multiples in one shift, who tell us that they're finding way more than they were looking for when greeted and asked if there's something we can help them find. People come in for toothpaste and spend $70 easy. Seems like that won't happen with deliveries to the parking lot.

YES! As a cashier I hear this multiple times each hour. If these folks get on the Drive Up bus (small pun intended) stores are going to start comping downward.

Well, we have a couple of “regulars” in just the week it’s been available here that don’t understand you can’t get mad if you pushing the I’m here button only 5-10 minutes after the I’m leaving button- we can’t get your order ready that fast if it’s a doozy, especially if multiple orders drop at once! And a few that try to withhold the barcode. Seeing how long it takes for the barcode witholders to be banned for wrecking store metrics. Most of the time it’s manageable but the stores really need to know their demographics and peak times to predict when to have more staffing for drive up. Rush hour times and lunch hours seem to be the peak at my store, for instance, and the main demographic is mostly moms not wanting to have to make a full Target run themselves bringing babies home from daycare or Bobby and Suzy home from sports or extracurricular activities. If your store is like mine, you’re gonna need extra hours and more than one TM to cover all the drive up orders unless you want to field complaints from both guests and frazzled TMs alike.

They don't get their items until I scan that barcode and they sign for it. If I miss goal,

Reviving this thread: To you guys at stores that have had this for a while, what are some issues you're running into and what would help you out? My store's getting drive up in about a month and I'd like to start off on the right foot. If there are multiple guest in the parking lot waiting for their orders, are you able to see everything at once so that you can make one trip? Or does the app make you do them separately? How do you handle the large orders, like furniture? Appreciate any tips you guys have. Thanks.

You can expect a lot of Drive Up orders in the beginning at launch, but they will definitely drop off. We have about 5 or so regular Drive Up guests, and a few more every so often but it definitely isn't as popular as just a regular Order Pickup. Multiple guests in the parking lot probably won't be very common, but you will be given a description of the guest's vehicle (if they choose to set one) so you'll know what to look out for. If you have multiple orders on the way, you can grab all of them at once and run them out when the guest arrives. Furniture can be brought out using a flat (but it isn't a very common Drive Up item anyway). LMK if you need any more information.

They don't get their items until I scan that barcode and they sign for it. If I miss goal,
It's easy.
"LOD, the guest is refusing to let me scan the barcode, do you want me to cancel their order before it hits goal?"
They won't make that mistake again.

Where exactly does that vehicle description come from, anyway? It's never asked me for one when I placed a drive up order, and it's never asked me for one after giving a guest their items.

It's easy.
"LOD, the guest is refusing to let me scan the barcode, do you want me to cancel their order before it hits goal?"
They won't make that mistake again.

Where exactly does that vehicle description come from, anyway? It's never asked me for one when I placed a drive up order, and it's never asked me for one after giving a guest their items.
Or just open in myGo and process it

Reading some of the posts here about using drive up and home delivering.

It's not always the lazy but those with disabilities and anxieties. Not to mention those with a busy schedule or maybe a new parent or someone with a bunch of children they have to look after. I'd rather they use drive up than have the kids destroy the store.

Anxiety is why I do a lot of online ordering and customer service chat anytime I can.

Reading some of the posts here about using drive up and home delivering.

It's not always the lazy but those with disabilities and anxieties. Not to mention those with a busy schedule or maybe a new parent or someone with a bunch of children they have to look after. I'd rather they use drive up than have the kids destroy the store.

Anxiety is why I do a lot of online ordering and customer service chat anytime I can.

Or short-term injuries. I found myself needing to use Shipt last week when I broke my toe (well, probably broke, doc said he couldn't be certain without an X-ray that wouldn't change treatment). I sure as hell wasn't going to attempt hobbling around the store, especially after having called in earlier in the day after seeing the doc for my shift the next day. And no, I don't have someone else in the family that can do it for me.

Does anyone know what makes an item available for drive up vs. normal OPU? I'm in a short-term injury situation, as well (bone bruise in my knee, on crutches) and I need a couple things, and drive up would be awesome, but I can't figure out why things are available for OPU but not for drive up.

First thing that comes to mind is to ask whether your store is live for Drive-up?

Does anyone know what makes an item available for drive up vs. normal OPU? I'm in a short-term injury situation, as well (bone bruise in my knee, on crutches) and I need a couple things, and drive up would be awesome, but I can't figure out why things are available for OPU but not for drive up.

Every item available for OPU should be eligible for drive up? What items are you finding that aren't able to be ordered with drive up?

One thing I've found with guests that say they can't use drive up is that they are trying to order from a computer. Drive Up is only an option when using the mobile app since you need to bring the device to the store to complete the order.

Headphones. Dry grocery stuff. I'll check back tomorrow--it may have been a timing thing? Not sure. It's not like I would have left the house for them--it would be a stop on the way home from my day job.

The most annoying thing has been guests who don't bother to hit the "I'm on my way button" first. Instead the 2 minute timer starts instantly and we're in a mad dash to grab the bag from the rack and dodge guests through the entryway.

I really think there needs to be a longer goal time when the guest doesn't hit "I'm on my way" (5min seems fair), and they should get a notification on their device that their order was delayed since they couldn't follow simple instructions. Plus, it'd allow more efficient use of the "OPU Pickup" payroll, which you'd think Spot would want.

...every zebra in the store will honk with a notification that Lasty-McLastName is on the way.
...hit the button in the app that says 'they've arrived' then every zebra gets another honk that says they're here...
Is it every zebra with the Driveup App or do you check a box under MyAlerts? We’re getting it in a few months and I just want to prepare for echos of HONK HONK.

Honk honk! I love when my zebra in my pocket honks because sometimes if it happens when I'm pushing a fast mover out to the floor, guests actually think I'm honking at them.

If there are any guests nearby, most of the time at least one of them will echo the "honk honk." F'in hilarious. Not one of them have ever asked me what the sound means.

I like to yell out "they're here!" every time it goes off. I also made up a character based on the sound effect, "The World's Loudest Drug Dealer" that honks his horn and announces loudly that your drugs have arrived.

I got a guest complaint because they were blocking a table in RTW while I was picking and, while I was standing there waiting for them to decide between the off-white t-shirt and slightly more off-white t-shirt, the Zebra honked and they thought it was "rude". :rolleyes:

Once again, the ability to fart at will woulda come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back