Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow Warrior

progenitor of thalassophobia
So yesterday they built our Wifi stanstion in our dedicated spaces for Drive up. Wondering if anyone has opinons on how this will be, stories etc.

Oh, I love the jackets and umbrellas we got for the TMs doing it. And the magnets. anyone else get magnets of the logo?

I'm sure it won't take off like they expect/want it to. Majority of guests will still do regular flexible if they're doing an online order to pick up.

Wonder how many guests will immediately place an order then just drive to to the store like it's ready in seconds. Already bad enough for some people that don't know what their doing and show up 10 min after they drop a flexible instead of waiting for the email that it's ready to be picked up.

I've had a couple of moms with young kids ask (and express great excitement about it). Other than that, I've had no questions whatsoever.

You'll likely get a few regulars who do it once or twice a week.
The fucking honking will haunt your dreams and make you question using a zebra or going to work.
Your leadership will hammer into you hard that the order needs to be brought out in two minutes or less.
Overall not that bad, unless you're bringing it out in this freaking Minnesota April blizzard.
Or in the death heat of a South Florida summer.

We have it at my store. It’s not used a ton, but roughly 10-20 driveups a day. It’s super helpful for parents who have young kids that they don’t want to unload. I’m not a GS team member so I’m not 100% qualified to talk about any issues, but I haven’t heard any yet. Can be a pain getting someone to come cover GS though when they go out. Doesn’t make things harder for FF at all, just a different bag and rack that the orders have to go on. Just need to double check the order number once to see if it’s a drive up or a FF. Overall I think it’s worked well at my store. Only complaint is how fucking loud the zebras are.

So yesterday they built our Wifi stanstion in our dedicated spaces for Drive up. Wondering if anyone has opinons on how this will be, stories etc.

Oh, I love the jackets and umbrellas we got for the TMs doing it. And the magnets. anyone else get magnets of the logo?

The next generation of plain LAZY. I bet it was a muffin man who came up with the idea.

Of course blame this generation, not like it was someone from the generation before who came up with the idea, Soccer moms in their mid to late 30s are probably the targeted audience :rolleyes:
Lazy AF. Now everything has to be with the push of a button or speak to it.

'So convenient that I can sit my fat ass all day and get fatter. And do nothing about it until the day I break the couch that I order another one, pay for them to assemble it. I don't care about money, since I am so busy I need to save my time but am actually doing nothing at all and not breaking a sweat since my body would terribly ache if I were to assemble furniture I order. Also the assembly instructions are terribly hard to understand since my brain has shrunk due to the ease of everything being electronic that my smartphone thinks for me.'

That's them. That's the same people they are marketing same day delivery to. Then they don't have to complain about the quality of the produce they want delivered. I'd sell them shit waiting to get QMOS'd so they learn to get their fat ass of that couch and into the stores!

'So convenient that I can sit my fat ass all day and get fatter. And do nothing about it until the day I break the couch that I order another one, pay for them to assemble it. I don't care about money, since I am so busy I need to save my time but am actually doing nothing at all and not breaking a sweat since my body would terribly ache if I were to assemble furniture I order. Also the assembly instructions are terribly hard to understand since my brain has shrunk due to the ease of everything being electronic that my smartphone thinks for me.'

That's them. That's the same people they are marketing same day delivery to. Then they don't have to complain about the quality of the produce they want delivered. I'd sell them shit waiting to get QMOS'd so they learn to get their fat ass of that couch and into the stores!

going-to-need-less-edge-on-that-edgy-5394229.png

That could be literally anyone, get off your high horse.

PMT is repainting the parking spots. Other than that, nothing happening yet. I still think those spots are going to get taken by people who don't care to read signs

It's funny because when I'd cart attend I'd totally see 12-14 people a shift parking there and coming out with a cart for groceries :") It's really hard to tell who's suppose to be there and who isn't.

also, almost 100% sure it's not millennials using OPU. I've seen literally nothing but people in their 30's or 40's use it. It's not about being inherently lazy, it's about CONVENIENCE.

no idea how old you are @YoNanas or if you're joking, but that was completely unnecessary to post and you're probably legitimately the only person actively thinking like that. If it was sarcasm, I laughed.

Funny thing, my parents work out daily and my mom will order groceries via OPU while walking on the treadmill. She doesn't do Shipt, but she might consider it. My parents are busy a lot with work and it frees up time just to get someone else to pick it out and then run it out to your car while you wait a few minutes.

EDIT: Put it this way.. someone is offering a service to you, if you want that service, you pay for it. I could say the same thing that it's lazy as fuck to let an auto shop change your car oil when you can do it for yourself $20 cheaper and the only tool you need is a wrench... it's one single bolt you release to drain engine oil.

If people want to pay for such a service for it's convenience and ability to save time, they will, there is nothing wrong with that. They paid for it, why it's anyone else's problem past that is beyond me. (Oh they're so lazy, why can't they get off their fat ass and do it themselves?)

Last edited:
It's funny because when I'd cart attend I'd totally see 12-14 people a shift parking there and coming out with a cart for groceries :") It's really hard to tell who's suppose to be there and who isn't.

also, almost 100% sure it's not millennials using OPU. I've seen literally nothing but people in their 30's or 40's use it. It's not about being inherently lazy, it's about CONVENIENCE.

no idea how old you are @YoNanas or if you're joking, but that was completely unnecessary to post and you're probably legitimately the only person actively thinking like that. If it was sarcasm, I laughed.
Sarcasm. But that is what today's society seems it will eventually become.

Funny thing, my parents work out daily and my mom will order groceries via OPU while walking on the treadmill.

Okay, you just sold me on it, even though we don't have it available here. I go to the gym after work, and then do a quick grocery run for stuff I need for that night. I don't want to take the extra time to shower and change after working out because that gets me home even later, but I don't like being "that guest" who comes in sweaty and still in my C9's. You just made this make sense for me.

Okay, you just sold me on it, even though we don't have it available here. I go to the gym after work, and then do a quick grocery run for stuff I need for that night. I don't want to take the extra time to shower and change after working out because that gets me home even later, but I don't like being "that guest" who comes in sweaty and still in my C9's. You just made this make sense for me.

Its how I explain Shipt/OPU to customers when I'm cashiering. For some reason, I love handing out Shipt and OPU Fliers, but not red card fliers :confused:

I look at it this way... why do one thing, when you can do multiple things at one time? Workout and do your grocery shopping via your phone.

I think if Shipt or Target were looking for the employee that really ramps up OPU or Shipt traffic at a store, it'd be me. I've had so many people go "That sounds so nice, I'll try it tomorrow!" and they actually follow through and find me if I'm working and tell me about their experience.

I wish I could tell customers about the red card and convince them to sign up for that. :p

Sarcasm. But that is what today's society seems it will eventually become.

No doubt, after all, it is the age of technology, better to take advantage of it than try not to use it at all. When I was going to be a car salesman or a cell phone sales rep, I was going to implement a lot of social media and online stuff into my business model, I was 100% certain most of my commissions would have came from online. A lot of interviewers liked it, but no job ever panned out, it's a shame, really.

AAA+ Here. Today was the launch day for DriveUp. Only had 7 orders. Most of the Flexible Fufillment was OPU and SFS. The way that it was handled is whoever is scheduled for FF-OPU will pull and process it, while someone else will bring it to the guest. Was supposed to be GS, but was given to HL. Can't really promote it if the resources aren't given/there. I'm sure that once word of mouth gets around, business will pick up.

Last edited:
I can see this as a boon for several situations:
-for the mom with a new baby & a toddler just coming back from a dr's visit & needing a few things
-for the caretaker of an elderly or disabled person
-for someone picking up relatives from the airport & swinging by to grab a few things they need before heading to the house to unpack
-for the person bringing a family member home from the hospital & picking up items needed during recovery
Sure, others will utilize because they CAN but it can add convenience to those who need it most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back