Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to dissolve a common misconception, the beacon they build in the parking is simply a solar powered light, not a WIFI station!

So how does this store pick-up work? After guests place their order I am guessing that they come to get their stuff......what does the guest do when they arrive at the store? Then, how are TMs supposed to get the items out to the car in a fast, efficient manner??

I mean, in our store today a GSA asked if there was someone to get an item off a shelf and bring it to guest service.....but the SrTL on the floor said that there was no one on the floor that could help this guest. If we can't help our guests inside the store, how are we supposed to help guests outside the store??

Doesn't it have a access point on it so that the myDev can still communicate with the app?

From what I've read in a bunch of PM stuff, they will reposition an access point in the store as close to the drive up parking as possible to cover the area. As far as my store goes, our coverage hits it no problem.

Easy

Someone is scheduled to Pick the orders

I would assume same person who picks the order, delivers the order too, or someone in GS or Front End is scheduled to deliver the orders.

Shouldn't be too hard

Easy

I would assume same person who picks the order, delivers the order too, or someone in GS or Front End is scheduled to deliver the orders.

Shouldn't be too hard

The person who picks up the order (in store) doesn't know for sure when the "pick-up" is supposed to happen. So...the person picks out the order and then takes it to GS....my question then is how is GS supposed to do their work and have to keep an eye out for the pick-up guest to get to the store. You know that Target won't have a specific TM just to take items out to the cars.

In my store when guests come to get the items inside the store, we don't have the time or TMS available to be able to help the guest in a timely manner. When the guest comes to get their order, if it is not right behind GS then the TM must go to get the item and that keeps the guest you are helping have to wait...and of course all the guests waiting behind said first guest....AND, as often happens, there is only one TM behind GS to help everyone.

Often we don't even have a TM who can do a carry out.
Sounds like this could be a messy experience. Well, at least they are trying it out to see what happens.

Last edited:
Don't we have, like, 79 threads on this topic already?

Easy

Shouldn't be too hard

Ship from Store picks the order, the drive up orders are not distinguished any from the regular flexible items. So it's all picked, located up at guest service, then when the guest arrives it's up to guest service (at my store) to bring the item(s) out.

When a guest pulls in to the parking space the target system should automatically ding that the guest is here. Much like how you can order Mcdonalds on their app..as soon as you pull in it'll pop up on your phone something like "hi, we see you're here now. We're starting your order". So if McDonald's can do it then Target should be able to

You need to hit a button in the Target app that says you're on the way. Once you do that, every zebra in the store will honk with a notification that Lasty-McLastName is on the way.
Once they're actually at the store, they hit the button in the app that says 'they've arrived' then every zebra gets another honk that says they're here and that's when the 2 minute timer starts.
I see a future with a LOT of smashed zebras.

Lazy AF. Now everything has to be with the push of a button or speak to it.

'So convenient that I can sit my fat ass all day and get fatter. And do nothing about it until the day I break the couch that I order another one, pay for them to assemble it. I don't care about money, since I am so busy I need to save my time but am actually doing nothing at all and not breaking a sweat since my body would terribly ache if I were to assemble furniture I order. Also the assembly instructions are terribly hard to understand since my brain has shrunk due to the ease of everything being electronic that my smartphone thinks for me.'

That's them. That's the same people they are marketing same day delivery to. Then they don't have to complain about the quality of the produce they want delivered. I'd sell them shit waiting to get QMOS'd so they learn to get their fat ass of that couch and into the stores!

Yeah, it is definitely that people are lazy and not because our society is set up so that two parents must work three jobs to put food on the table.

The person who picks up the order (in store) doesn't know for sure when the "pick-up" is supposed to happen. So...the person picks out the order and then takes it to GS....my question then is how is GS supposed to do their work and have to keep an eye out for the pick-up guest to get to the store. You know that Target won't have a specific TM just to take items out to the cars.

In my store when guests come to get the items inside the store, we don't have the time or TMS available to be able to help the guest in a timely manner. When the guest comes to get their order, if it is not right behind GS then the TM must go to get the item and that keeps the guest you are helping have to wait...and of course all the guests waiting behind said first guest....AND, as often happens, there is only one TM behind GS to help everyone.

Often we don't even have a TM who can do a carry out.
Sounds like this could be a messy experience. Well, at least they are trying it out to see what happens.

There's *supposed* to be hours allotted to staff a second Guest Service Team Member at the desk, with their primary focus being Drive Up and order pickups. If they aren't doing anything else, they can obviously assist in other service desk tasks. We'll see if they put their money where their mouth is RE: the hours, but so far it looks like that's what's happening.

When the guest places a drive up order, they have to tap a button to let the store know that they're on their way, and then another button to let us know that they're here so that the TM can run the order out to them. You won't have to physically watch the parking lot.

Funny thing, my parents work out daily and my mom will order groceries via OPU while walking on the treadmill. She doesn't do Shipt, but she might consider it. My parents are busy a lot with work and it frees up time just to get someone else to pick it out and then run it out to your car while you wait a few minutes.

EDIT: Put it this way.. someone is offering a service to you, if you want that service, you pay for it. I could say the same thing that it's lazy as fuck to let an auto shop change your car oil when you can do it for yourself $20 cheaper and the only tool you need is a wrench... it's one single bolt you release to drain engine oil.

If people want to pay for such a service for it's convenience and ability to save time, they will, there is nothing wrong with that. They paid for it, why it's anyone else's problem past that is beyond me. (Oh they're so lazy, why can't they get off their fat ass and do it themselves?)
Changing oil in a car is different than this. In some municipalities it is illegal to do repairs on your car on public roadways. Not everyone lives in a house with a garage or backyard to work on their car. City folks that are apartment dwellers don't have a garage. They may have a parking spot behind the building but the management does not allow vehicular repairs. Versus having everything delivered to your door is being plain lazy. That laziness will cost you. Eventually your health will deteriorate and you will go broke quicker paying for delivery services.

PMT is repainting the parking spots. Other than that, nothing happening yet. I still think those spots are going to get taken by people who don't care to read signs
We have it at my store. It’s not used a ton, but roughly 10-20 driveups a day. It’s super helpful for parents who have young kids that they don’t want to unload. I’m not a GS team member so I’m not 100% qualified to talk about any issues, but I haven’t heard any yet. Can be a pain getting someone to come cover GS though when they go out. Doesn’t make things harder for FF at all, just a different bag and rack that the orders have to go on. Just need to double check the order number once to see if it’s a drive up or a FF. Overall I think it’s worked well at my store. Only complaint is how fucking loud the zebras are.
Oh they are loud. They have excellent speakers for music too. Don't ask how I know this.

Just to dissolve a common misconception, the beacon they build in the parking is simply a solar powered light, not a WIFI station!
Our STL said it was. I figured it was a solar powered light because it had no antenna but then again I didnt read the paperwork on it because other issues, so I just believed her.

Just had my first experience with Drive Up yesterday, what an annoying alert and then LOD has to announce it. Apparently it was our first Drive Up order because the GSTL was like "This is what we've been waiting for 2 days for". The guest didn't park in the right place so they had to go hunt them down in the parking lot lol.

Funny thing, my parents work out daily and my mom will order groceries via OPU while walking on the treadmill. She doesn't do Shipt, but she might consider it. My parents are busy a lot with work and it frees up time just to get someone else to pick it out and then run it out to your car while you wait a few minutes.

EDIT: Put it this way.. someone is offering a service to you, if you want that service, you pay for it. I could say the same thing that it's lazy as fuck to let an auto shop change your car oil when you can do it for yourself $20 cheaper and the only tool you need is a wrench... it's one single bolt you release to drain engine oil.

If people want to pay for such a service for it's convenience and ability to save time, they will, there is nothing wrong with that. They paid for it, why it's anyone else's problem past that is beyond me. (Oh they're so lazy, why can't they get off their fat ass and do it themselves?)

I wish changing your own oil was $20 cheaper. You'd only save a couple bucks so nowadays changing your own oil isn't worth the time imo.

This drive up, majority will be used by lazy people who just don't want to get out of their car. Just like people who come in and get on the scooters to ride around when they don't need it. Cmon Barb the carts going 1mph because it's not meant for a 400lb load, try walking.

It's a great feature for those that need it, I just wonder if it'll really take off. And I'm interested in seeing what happens if regular customers park in the pick up spots

I wish changing your own oil was $20 cheaper. You'd only save a couple bucks so nowadays changing your own oil isn't worth the time imo.

This drive up, majority will be used by lazy people who just don't want to get out of their car. Just like people who come in and get on the scooters to ride around when they don't need it. Cmon Barb the carts going 1mph because it's not meant for a 400lb load, try walking.

It's a great feature for those that need it, I just wonder if it'll really take off. And I'm interested in seeing what happens if regular customers park in the pick up spots

If people want to be lazy then let them be lazy if it means they're giving sales to your store.

When Drive Up rolls out, we’ll be getting these to place on the windshield of guests who park in the Drive Up spots.

I didn’t know we were allowed to be this passive aggressive
iKGVuxb.jpg

I've always thought the "thank you" note that goes in OPU bags was pretty passive aggressive too since it kinda implies they should do their own shopping next time.

Reviving this thread: To you guys at stores that have had this for a while, what are some issues you're running into and what would help you out? My store's getting drive up in about a month and I'd like to start off on the right foot. If there are multiple guest in the parking lot waiting for their orders, are you able to see everything at once so that you can make one trip? Or does the app make you do them separately? How do you handle the large orders, like furniture? Appreciate any tips you guys have. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back