MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Question: Are you still getting kicked out of the app (where you have to re-enter your TM# and password) every now and then? I was working in stores yesterday and was surprised that I had re-login 4 different times. It's supposed to only log you off automatically if you switch devices or let it sit idle for 2 hours. Curious to know what you experience.

Not kicked out per se, but after some time of inactivity, yes. Not like before where you'd have just completed a scan and then have to log back in.

Hmmm, this is the first time I have heard of it. I just spent 10 minutes straight scanning items and locations as quickly as possible on both screens, with both items that need qty and don't and items that have backroom locs and don't. It worked fine every time. The one thing I can think of was we fixed an inventory unknown issue in standard mode with the recent release which is still being rolled out, I'd be interested to know if this issue is still happening in version 25.66 as either that fix or something else could have fixed the issue without us even knowing about it.

I am off tomorrow, but will check which build I am on when I return on Thursday and let you know.

Question: Are you still getting kicked out of the app (where you have to re-enter your TM# and password) every now and then? I was working in stores yesterday and was surprised that I had re-login 4 different times. It's supposed to only log you off automatically if you switch devices or let it sit idle for 2 hours. Curious to know what you experience.

Only when having connectivity issues. Going in and out of coolers causes you to lose wifi signal. Walking quickly across the store causes wifi issues. Going upstairs causes wifi issues. Staring intently at the screen causes wifi issues.

Only when having connectivity issues. Going in and out of coolers causes you to lose wifi signal. Walking quickly across the store causes wifi issues. Going upstairs causes wifi issues. Staring intently at the screen causes wifi issues.
Basically.

I have never ever gone a 5 hr shift without having to do either a double tap on the home button and swipe or a total hard reboot. Never ever
It's been a long time since I've done a reboot. Except today but that was on Target's part with the server interruption around 9 my time this morning. Had to switch to a PDA until it came back on.

So when you have wifi issues, you have to re-log in with your team member number & password?

So when you have wifi issues, you have to re-log in with your team member number & password?

Sometimes. I've had this issue, it seems to be randomly, if it disconnects from the wifi, sometimes I will be presented with "Please wait" and after about 15 seconds I'm presented with the login screen. Other times it returns me to the last page I was on, sometimes to the Doggone It page.

I don't know if thos has already been mentioned, and if so I apologize. It seems like everytime I use a mydevice for research they just run so slow. Everytime you scan something you have to sit there and wait for it to process. Has anybody else had this issue or know how to rectify it. It makes it take twice as long to scan an area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I do find them to be intermittently slow during research. Even more so when I put it down for a minute and it freezes and I have to reboot just so I can scan again.

All its missing to me is batch pulling and, if my username didnt give it away, the damn autodropping going away. I dont want to pull shit i dont need lol

otherwise its a fairly efficient device, i hated it at first, but its really grown on me recently, just needs some tweaks and for it to stop moaning when i go across the store to a different router area ¬_¬

I don't know if thos has already been mentioned, and if so I apologize. It seems like everytime I use a mydevice for research they just run so slow. Everytime you scan something you have to sit there and wait for it to process. Has anybody else had this issue or know how to rectify it. It makes it take twice as long to scan an area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are actively trying to address this.
This is a very high priority for the team and we have a bunch of speed enhancements in the works for the next version. So hang on with us for another 2 months and you should see a noticeable pickup in speed. :)

I've graduated to back stocking after pushing the truck in the AM. Still learning the back room, I'm sure it will come to me after some time. My question on the MyDevice is,,, why does it only give you a "fill group" aisle assignment etc if there is already at least 1 of that item stowed? Still learning where everything goes, it would be a tremendous help if it would at least give me a fill group, so I would be able to get it in the right aisle.

Sometimes, and I kinda exaggerated. It's when I'm having *really* bad connectivity issues. If I lose connection for a second and it reconnects correctly, it's fine.

But if it disconnects, has issues reconnecting, then I get the "you need to connect to tcwireless", then it takes a bit longer, then it connects, then I scan something and it hangs for a long time...then it'll boot me out. It really depends on the device I've noticed. There are good ones and bad ones.

On a side note though, it seems like the scanner is worse with this update(PCV and SDA added). At this point I just make sure to grab a myDevice where the top of the sled is slightly broken so I can disconnect the iPod and reconnect it. Faster than rebooting.

But the SDA or "Check Dates" function is slick and clean and awesome. It's truly an improvement over the PDA version. Kudos on it.

I've graduated to back stocking after pushing the truck in the AM. Still learning the back room, I'm sure it will come to me after some time. My question on the MyDevice is,,, why does it only give you a "fill group" aisle assignment etc if there is already at least 1 of that item stowed? Still learning where everything goes, it would be a tremendous help if it would at least give me a fill group, so I would be able to get it in the right aisle.

myDevice isn't designed to be used for massive amounts of stowing. Just in the odd situation here or there where you might need to add something in. If you're working backroom, you really should be using a PDA.

Are you asking that it only shows the Fill Group for the item if there is something back there? If so that has been fixed in the upcoming update that your store may not have gotten YET. As far as I know it's still rolling out to stores. So now it shows the Fill Group for everything. But yeah if your backstocking a lot and only backstocking, a PDA should be used. A iPDA needs to be on the floor for maximum guest assistance for TMs/TLs.

Thanks for your reply, I'll look forward to the update. As far as getting a PDA to use, they are far and few between, especially if you are the "New" guy, who just got done doing in stocks with the MyDevice. Hey I'm trying to do my best, so if it's not in the correct aisle,,,,

Thanks for your reply, I'll look forward to the update. As far as getting a PDA to use, they are far and few between, especially if you are the "New" guy, who just got done doing in stocks with the MyDevice. Hey I'm trying to do my best, so if it's not in the correct aisle,,,,
It was in the last update for us. I noticed it when putting produce away the other day.

I did notice it won't let you pull an item from a location if it's not located there...

Was about to suggest this purpose-built test. My backroom TL and I did this, with the LIQR fillgroup, location Z. Just a random margarita mixer SUBT'd in without STOing first. Next week and the week after, the LIQR group was a solid green bar on the DTK report. We showed it to the leadership in the building and it was decided then and there that it was value-added to save the time by not STOing first, and we've been doing it ever since.

Like others have said, technically this activity fits the criteria for making an error, and it certainly would if it were done while working a pull batch. But the standalone SUBT app is just not included in the error reporting. The system sees it happening, but turns a blind eye to it, per se.

Again, as it's been mentioned, the only reason the Resetting Accumulator guide on Workbench states to STO first is because STO acts as a filter for items that are Clearance, MIR, or Challenge. Obviously, SUBT doesn't throw these prompts because the system already thinks you're removing items from the stockroom...

Alzfl.jpg

Back