MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

@OtherGuy Yea I was talking about shelf labels for both instances. The old PDA app was able to print a label for each barcode scanned and would ask to enter quantities if you needed more than one label of the same DPCI.

Mydevices at this time only prints one label at a time. So if I needed 5 labels of the same dpci, I have to manuall press print labels and then shelf labels. It's 2 more steps than on a PDA.

@OtherGuy Yea I was talking about shelf labels for both instances. The old PDA app was able to print a label for each barcode scanned and would ask to enter quantities if you needed more than one label of the same DPCI.

Mydevices at this time only prints one label at a time. So if I needed 5 labels of the same dpci, I have to manuall press print labels and then shelf labels. It's 2 more steps than on a PDA.

I think if you pull up the see all sign options you are able to push the label button multiple times without it closing the option menu. Not as handy as typing in the additional labels needed but better than having to repeat the menu over and over again.

Still hoping for myFa to be added....the other day I was LOD and a FF order dropped in while backroom was on lunch. Had to hunt down a PDA to get it picked.

There's no dedicated OUTs/EXF on the MyDevices but all you need to do is scan the label/put in the DCPI (Just go to search, switch the keyboard to numbers and go from there. No need to preface the DCPI with 49 anymore!). Near the middle of the screen it'll tell you how many are on hand and if there's any in the backroom. If there are, tap that and you've got a couple options here. One, it'll ask you how many are at a location; if there's several you can swipe to the location you're at. Put in the quantity and it'll create a batch to fill that location. Or if you just need more pulled? Swipe to "Get More."

While you've been doing this, you should have noticed a blue circle with a number up by the profile icon up top. The number is how many open batches you have. Tap to the profile page and the top will show each batch. To close and drop a batch, just tap the "Close" button. Item batches show up as a "ITM-???" I don't actually remember what the ??? is; fill group maybe? Be sure to let the backroom know you made the batch and all that if you're not going to go back and pull it yourself with a PDA.

At least, I'm pretty sure how it works; I spend most my time in Research mode these days.

ITM-DEPT NAME-0 (or 1, 2, 3, if previous batches exist and haven't been pulled)

So if I was doing make-up, the batch would be ITM-COSM-0

@OtherGuy I think they are mostly useing them because spot keeps taking all our pdas away for who knows what reason. I could see using them in like a Ulv store or something but backstocking on pda is 10x more efficient. Subting however... is not. Thanks to it being removrd from rf apps for whatevet godawful reason ...

Still hoping for myFa to be added....the other day I was LOD and a FF order dropped in while backroom was on lunch. Had to hunt down a PDA to get it picked.
Nooo because then they will force Ship from Store to use it...

@OtherGuy I think they are mostly useing them because spot keeps taking all our pdas away for who knows what reason. I could see using them in like a Ulv store or something but backstocking on pda is 10x more efficient. Subting however... is not. Thanks to it being removrd from rf apps for whatevet godawful reason ...

So that backroom team members were forced to remain logged in to non-RF apps...that way they can get Flexiable Fulfillment alerts.

So that backroom team members were forced to remain logged in to non-RF apps...that way they can get Flexiable Fulfillment alerts.

Except Alerts haven't worked on PDA's since mydevices came out...And they NEVER worked on the big pdas, only LPDAs. Which My store only had like 3, we have 0 now. Im sure we're not the only store thats like that.
And it logs you out in 30minutes or so regardless, it's common that there are no guest requests in 30 minutes.
In my store no one even uses SUBT we just LOCU something if we needa pull it. 10x faster, don't have to make sales floor wait for a freaking minute and a half while we switch over to subt.

So PDAs are done right? Is the transition next week? I saw a notice on the door to the equipment room about PDAs being phased out. I really hope it doesn't happen on a Saturday or Sunday. The CAF batches are ridiculous on Saturday and Sunday. I want to slap the person that removed SUBT from RF apps.

We don't have any plans to add batch pull currently. And do you mean you only have 5 PDAs for the whole store? Because that would seem low to me.

I'm surprised how much these are being used for back stocking as you said it really is supposed to be a sales floor device. That said we should see some scanning speed improvements in the next release.
By the end of next week my store will have only three PDAs. It is certainly not enough to go around when it comes to autofills, CAFs, receiving, etc. We also have an entertainment scan coming up at the end of this month. I have no idea how that is going to work because there is no time window throughout the day when more than one person doing the scan will be able to get their hands on a PDA over anyone in the backroom pulling batches.

Where can we go to see how many PDAs our store is supposed to have?

Last edited:
Except Alerts haven't worked on PDA's since mydevices came out...And they NEVER worked on the big pdas, only LPDAs. Which My store only had like 3, we have 0 now. Im sure we're not the only store thats like that.

Alerts via RedWire are actually controlled through a separate program owned by an outside vendor. I've been seeing reports of stores experiencing "outages" where the application needed some work to restore service. If you're experiencing issues where alerts aren't physically going on, please call it in to the CSC and have them escalate it up.

We're currently in the process of preparing the first POC store for fiber optics with AT&T which should speed things up considerably pending results for all devices (STO delay, Item Search, etc.) I don't have a extended scope list yet for the future stores as installation sites. Overall network performance will be aligning to what we've been trying to get at for the past several years as the applications become more hungry for resources.

And it logs you out in 30minutes or so regardless, it's common that there are no guest requests in 30 minutes.
In my store no one even uses SUBT we just LOCU something if we needa pull it. 10x faster, don't have to make sales floor wait for a freaking minute and a half while we switch over to subt.
Alerts through REDwire on the PDA haven't worked? I used them up until like last week and always had alerts. They were more reliable than the REDwire app on on the iPDA.

The only thing you cannot do one the my device is pull batches. So only backroom has pda's & since they don't pull our batches POG has one they share w/ sales floor doing sales planners. Backroom has call out they checked FA every 25 min

The only thing you cannot do one the my device is pull batches. So only backroom has pda's & since they don't pull our batches POG has one they share w/ sales floor doing sales planners. Backroom has call out they checked FA every 25 min
There's actually a lot you can't do on the myDevices. Much more than just simply pull batches. It will be a while before PDAs are totally gone.

Currently there is nothing slated for defectives to be on MyDevice, as I understand the service desk should be able to use the POS for what they need, though I am curious about what you are doing when you're auditing defectives? From everything I can tell looking at the documentation defectives audit doesn't give you any more info than you could get by just reading the text on the label and there are no actions you can take on the PDA. Is there a process that goes along with this or something you can't see on the label? It's also very possible the documentation I have is outdated, hence my confusion.

Every night with the defects, we scan the labels with the PDA. Defectives app > Audit labels. I'm not really sure what purpose it serves since we still defect everything through the POS and print out the list when we send it back. It's just how I was "trained" at the service desk and I never asked why lol.

Is the MyDevice set up to work with receiving?

Not yet. The Receiving Application has just entered the planning stages of what the prompts should be and what the different windows will look like. Same thing for your ADSD and Credits application. All 3 of those will eventually move over from RFAPP's into WebApps/MyDevice.

PUSH is also having some love given to it as well in terms of improving the application and making it more stable. This one however will not release at the same time as the chargeback applications due a large number of underlying issues that need to be addressed first with the original application structure. PUSH itself will more likely have to be completely re-written in terms of how it interacts with the POS server and the services associated with it.

Currently there is nothing slated for defectives to be on MyDevice, as I understand the service desk should be able to use the POS for what they need, though I am curious about what you are doing when you're auditing defectives? From everything I can tell looking at the documentation defectives audit doesn't give you any more info than you could get by just reading the text on the label and there are no actions you can take on the PDA. Is there a process that goes along with this or something you can't see on the label? It's also very possible the documentation I have is outdated, hence my confusion.

Having the option to 'defect' items with the PDA would be helpful to simplify and hasten some Service Desk responsibilities, and it seems like it could be an easily added feature, as items seem to have a grayed out 'Use Defectives' button where the Toss button usually is. If we were able to 'defect' the item and print a label to the connected printer with that button, it would speed things up behind the SD.

As another note, while I realize myFA will take some time to port to the myDevice, would there be a way to get the iPad myGo app onto the handheld myDevice?

I think if you pull up the see all sign options you are able to push the label button multiple times without it closing the option menu. Not as handy as typing in the additional labels needed but better than having to repeat the menu over and over again.

If you're creating a batch of labels to print, you can go into the batch and change the quantity of each label, though this function may still be buggy. @OtherGuy, is there a way to delete labels from a batch before closing it? For example, say I needed to print missing labels from a POG, but I didn't need to print the entire POG because that would waste label paper. I didn't see an option to delete, and it wouldn't let me change the quantity to 0.

So PDAs are done right? Is the transition next week? I saw a notice on the door to the equipment room about PDAs being phased out. I really hope it doesn't happen on a Saturday or Sunday. The CAF batches are ridiculous on Saturday and Sunday. I want to slap the person that removed SUBT from RF apps.

No. PDAs will still be around for the foreseeable future. There just won't be as many.

As another note, while I realize myFA will take some time to port to the myDevice, would there be a way to get the iPad myGo app onto the handheld myDevice?

I'm curious as to why one would need to use MyGo on a MyDevice; please enlighten me.

I still use a PDA for Ad Prep to print signs from my report. We still have all of our PDAs, not just the 9200s. I may have trouble grabbing one to batch my signs once the old ones go away.

Anyone know why the option to print clearance tickets is no longer there?

If you're creating a batch of labels to print, you can go into the batch and change the quantity of each label, though this function may still be buggy. @OtherGuy, is there a way to delete labels from a batch before closing it? For example, say I needed to print missing labels from a POG, but I didn't need to print the entire POG because that would waste label paper. I didn't see an option to delete, and it wouldn't let me change the quantity to 0.

No. PDAs will still be around for the foreseeable future. There just won't be as many.

I'm curious as to why one would need to use MyGo on a MyDevice; please enlighten me.

It'll make it so that when doing an in-store pick up, other team members (besides those at guest services) could help out with it. For instance, if a GSTL is already carrying a myDevice, then they could actually do the in-store pick up rather than using the iPad at guest services. Not sure if that'll be the direction, but it'll open up the possibilities and make the iPod more functional. One little bitty function at a time.

Are you talking about clearance tickets or hazardous salvage tickets by chance? Because the next release should allow you to key in "How many more tickets?" (it will still auto print 1 for you.
For the second are you talking about shelf labels and printing to the portable printer? I'm not sure on that one.

Is there a time frame for this new update? Like will it be released this month, next week? Right now pricing is more efficient on a pda but with this update I could see our pricing TMs not throwing a BF about using the mydevices..

I'm hoping the update comes before they take our pdas away.. there are only like 5 9200 pdas and our BR TL already hordes them and I have to take them from his desk and replace it with a semi-working one.. :)

Is there a time frame for this new update? Like will it be released this month, next week? Right now pricing is more efficient on a pda but with this update I could see our pricing TMs not throwing a BF about using the mydevices..

I'm hoping the update comes before they take our pdas away.. there are only like 5 9200 pdas and our BR TL already hordes them and I have to take them from his desk and replace it with a semi-working one.. :)
I hope so, too. Our PTMs throw a BF, too.

Back