MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anyone have their IOS Device Upgrade visits to their store(s) yet? How did everything go?

My devices still crappy today. I was told it is a global issue. Went to Starbucks after work and the pos were half down. You could not slide your card but after the tm scanned it in I could use my pin. She told me some of the cards were taking way too long. Also the registers were down. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings

They install new top plates and screw them shut. You can no longer remove the iPod from the sled. We had our update a week ago. There was no other update.

Exactly. You can try just locking and unlocking, but you're left to soft reboot when other tricks don't work.

Is this supposed to be some theft deterrent? Or just a cosmetic thing? We've had over half our devices stolen and all replacement orders get denied :(

Is this supposed to be some theft deterrent? Or just a cosmetic thing? We've had over half our devices stolen and all replacement orders get denied :(

I would too.. Equipment control.. Your store has some serious issues.. There probably isn't devices for replacements..

And bolting into the sled just means it will take longer to yank it out of the sled. Yes I carry in the car toolbox a set of computer tools. Sure there is a bit that will fit the sled.

First off sorry to hear all the issues you guys had over the weekend. We continue to have a large swat effort to address many of these issues such as wifi, sign-in and scanner sleds.

I have never seen an Activate All option. When and where does it appear? Does anyone else ALWAYS have a LOT thats left at the end of the day that you couldnt find?

"Activate All" will show up when you sort tasks by DEPT, then expand one of the departments, it will be listed in the department header in blue but only after enough tasks have disappeared for the day "BABY Activate All Hide"

There is NO CONFIRMATION button like the PDA had when using N-done, once you hit the button it begins activating everything.

Yep, it only shows up when about 80% of the department's work has been done.

So uh, our MyDevices suddenly have an app called 'JailbreakMini'

Anyone know what it is? I didn't open it, but I'm curious

I was under the assumption this was supposed to be hidden on the devices, but long story short it prevents the devices from being jailbroken. No need to worry about it.

But that leaves us with no choice but to reboot when the scanner craps out.
Going to the options in MyWork can sometimes help the issue as it re-wakes up the sled for getting the status and battery details. But yes it still leaves plenty of room for improvement.

T6 bit if you really need to crack the new cases.

That didn't last long, we were swapping dead sleds for iPod that were working. Cause we about half of our iPods that My work will not load nor the reinstall trick will work.

Yeah I carry some odd tools..

Last edited:
T6 bit if you really need to crack the new cases.

That didn't last long, we were swapping dead sleds for iPod that were working. Cause we about half of our iPods that My work will not load nor the reinstall trick will work.

Yeah I carry some odd tools..
I am thinking of dropping from the top of the wave, it might work then. I have some serious issues, where the my device could not find the tcwireless network, after rebooting a few times. Of course, I was helping guest during the whole time. No access to my work & not connected to Internet for Sam:(
@OtherGuy.

I am thinking of dropping from the top of the wave, it might work then. I have some serious issues, where the my device could not find the tcwireless network, after rebooting a few times. Of course, I was helping guest during the whole time. No access to my work & not connected to Internet for Sam:(
@OtherGuy.

We have 10 MyDevices that the MyWork app does not work two more that can't find the network and we were told that the MyWork issue global and to "Deal with it" until they fix it.. I told the tech we can't deal with it since over half of our equipment is useless. And we and you look like monkeys fucking a football..

So this was my level of battery after a full 8 hour shift using it all day and my level of screen brightness. If you find your battery dying quickly and you can dim your screen where your comfortable, it's worth it.
image.jpg image.jpg

That only works when you get a charged iPod in the first place. I love it when overnight leaves them in a pile on a checklane.
That's when at the huddles I bring that to attention. I find a few that are on the charger but not charging.

They install new top plates and screw them shut. You can no longer remove the iPod from the sled. We had our update a week ago. There was no other update.
Wow that sucks half the issues I have with the sleds are solved by either removing and reseating the sled battery or reseating the ipod to the slead. Just relying on reboots would blow so much.

Wow that sucks half the issues I have with the sleds are solved by either removing and reseating the sled battery or reseating the ipod to the slead. Just relying on reboots would blow so much.
My picture above is most likely what it will look like.

I worked a 12.5 hr shift today. Did not turn down screen brightness, was fully charged at shift start. Didn't have a dead battery at the end of the shift, although it had gone down.

Not looking forward to nailing the coffin lid on. Will have to get hubby to dig me out the tool I'll need to open it. Why reboot when you can yank it out and reseat in thirty seconds?

I worked a 12.5 hr shift today. Did not turn down screen brightness, was fully charged at shift start. Didn't have a dead battery at the end of the shift, although it had gone down.

Not looking forward to nailing the coffin lid on. Will have to get hubby to dig me out the tool I'll need to open it. Why reboot when you can yank it out and reseat in thirty seconds?

Easier for a guest to take it if an irresponsible TM leaves it unattended.

So now all of these have the screws at the top so no more popping the mydevice out of the sled to fix the not scanning problem how do I fix a not scanning problem now.

Easier for a guest to take it if an irresponsible TM leaves it unattended.
The only tms who leave then unattended are tls who clip then to the cart then walk away. Rarely do regular tms do this as we were threatened with finals for doing so after a store supposedly had all off theirs stolen.

Back