MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

BTW to price change people. Do you put the salvage sticker on the items? I was told we didn't have to and seems like a waste of time and stickers. I wish there was an option to not print those.

BTW to price change people. Do you put the salvage sticker on the items? I was told we didn't have to and seems like a waste of time and stickers. I wish there was an option to not print those.

Waste of time!! And a waste of paper. But i second everything you said on the above post. We cant even use the list anymore. Im forced to clear everything out of the backroom before starting for the day in order to prevent it from jumping back there. Nothing will clear out from the list if its under backroom..such a hassle.

The price change pathing issues that you're seeing will be fixed in the March release along with the salvage ticket printing issue. For the salvage ticketing issue, just disconnect your printer before starting and they won't print. You'll just need to reconnect when you do any hazardous salvage items.

Also, for price change folks out there- any feedback on making it better? We have hopes to turn off the PDA app for price change so need to know what functions or enhancements might be missing. If we turned off the price change app in the PDA, what would happen? We are working on scan speed improvements and auto-activating all 0 on-hands for our March/April releases but I'd love to get more stuff in that will really make a difference.

Also, for price change folks out there- any feedback on making it better? We have hopes to turn off the PDA app for price change so need to know what functions or enhancements might be missing. If we turned off the price change app in the PDA, what would happen? We are working on scan speed improvements and auto-activating all 0 on-hands for our March/April releases but I'd love to get more stuff in that will really make a difference.

@mobilelady

The only use I have for the PDA price accuracy app is the fast activation/finalising of all the items we couldn't find at the end of the day. If you can add a function in the mydevice to activate all items by dept and/or aisle instead of one by one. That would be awesome! Trying to finalize with a Mydevice is super slow, especially when theres hundreds of items.

Also stated in previous post. Some mydevices aren't making an alert sound when a clearance item is found. Please fix this as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@mobilelady

The only use I have for the PDA price accuracy app is the fast activation/finalising of all the items we couldn't find at the end of the day. If you can add a function in the mydevice to activate all items by dept and/or aisle instead of one by one. That would be awesome! Trying to finalize with a Mydevice is super slow, especially when theres hundreds of items.

Also stated in previous post. Some mydevices aren't making an alert sound when a clearance item is found. Please fix this as well.

Thanks.

You can actually activate by department or aisle on the myDevice. When viewing the workload list of aisles or departments the option "Activate All" appears in blue next to the aisle or department name. Just like on the PDA it won't activate DPCIs with large onhands and you'll have to do those manually, but it's almost as fast as the PDA now.

Will the was/now labels be eliminated as well when the PDA function is gone? Activating all Zero on hands would be a good addition! I honestly wish they didnt show up at all in the workload, especially in department areas. I understand why they show up though and they are good for located items because sometimes it will say zero but there really is some. I havent picked up and used a PDA for price change in over a year now (except maybe one or twice when the mydevices had a mass outage) so I feel the function on the PDA could be turned off no problem as of now. I feel like ithe price change app is almost there. I *wish* there was a way to get a picture of the item on the main detail screen so we didnt have to go to target.com to look for one, but I am not sure how plausible that would be.
-

Please make it to where we can activate all the dpcis in the back room without having to hit activate, 0 enter. The easiest way for my store to do price change is to scan everything from the salesfloor, then activate the dpcis in the back room. That way we aren't needlessly roaming around the store looking for a dpci we scanned in the back room that all the counts were in the back room.
Right now the only reason I use the PDA is to go into the back room workload and mash the a button and "burn the batch"

The pathing issues are infuriating. I'm activating the 0OH on a table and it kicks me to the back room. Then when I scan an item it activates it in the backroom and I'm stuck looking for an item I've already scanned and marked... GRRR.

Also now, when in auto -print.. if you scan an item it prints one sticker and then asks how many more. If you hit 0, it still prints out one more sticker! This has only been happening since the last update.

Is there a quick way to disconnect from a printer once you're connected on the mydevice?

Last edited:

When SIMing an item it used to give me a ticket count option. It hasn't showed up in months. If we have a casepack of 12 NOF bottles of soap we should be able to print 12 and not have to scan, print rewrap, enter. Print rewrap, enter. Print rewrap, enter. The ticket option shows 1 but there's no way for me to click it and hit 12.

Will the was/now labels be eliminated as well when the PDA function is gone? Activating all Zero on hands would be a good addition! I honestly wish they didnt show up at all in the workload, especially in department areas. I understand why they show up though and they are good for located items because sometimes it will say zero but there really is some. I havent picked up and used a PDA for price change in over a year now (except maybe one or twice when the mydevices had a mass outage) so I feel the function on the PDA could be turned off no problem as of now. I feel like ithe price change app is almost there. I *wish* there was a way to get a picture of the item on the main detail screen so we didnt have to go to target.com to look for one, but I am not sure how plausible that would be.
-
There is a (small) picture when you go to "Find Elsewhere" if your iPod has been updated to the newest version.

If we turned off the price change app in the PDA, what would happen?
I feel like our Price Change TM would quit out of frustration, and we'd need to hire 2-3 new TMs to do the same amount of work that he could do with his PDA.

Why do any perfectly working PDA functions need to be turned off at all?

I feel like our Price Change TM would quit out of frustration, and we'd need to hire 2-3 new TMs to do the same amount of work that he could do with his PDA.

Why do any perfectly working PDA functions need to be turned off at all?

I used to be that way too. My BRTL had a small BF in clerical that i used one all the time though so I threw my pda at him and told him to shove it up his rear end. Lol. Had to use a mydevice ever since..

You can actually activate by department or aisle on the myDevice. When viewing the workload list of aisles or departments the option "Activate All" appears in blue next to the aisle or department name. Just like on the PDA it won't activate DPCIs with large onhands and you'll have to do those manually, but it's almost as fast as the PDA now.

Hmm.. manually activating is still pretty slow on my end. I've never seen that activate all option but I'll take a look again. Thanks.

Is there a quick way to disconnect from a printer once you're connected on the mydevice?
There is a quick way to disconnect from a printer. At the top of the MyWork app, when connected to a printer, is a blue field with the printer number inside it. Click on the blue field (I always aim for the printer number) and it should disconnect you. It might take a couple tries to press it just right.

Pathing issues have been mentioned, but it's worth repeating cuz it's the biggest problem using the devices for price change. It jumps into back room when I'm on the floor, and on the floor when I'm in back room. Also activating zero OHs takes forever if it bumps you out of the location each time. The check marks help us make sense of what's going on. That issue aside...

The only thing I need to use a PDA for every day is outbound tracking for all our salvage batches. I think this is technically supposed to be rec/rev log TM doing this, but as they don't know how much is coming back - or when, it just makes more sense for our pricing team to own their own salvage tracking.

Occasionally I need to pull a batch, but not every day.

If pchg was removed from the PDA tomorrow, it wouldn't really effect our store at all.

Noticed a few changes today for pricing. No more salvage tickets printing! Stayed in the area I want to, didn't get kicked out. Also there's a little link to see the image from the black area at the bottom. It was kind of hard to then close out that window with the image though, hitting the little x was rough. And of course instead of hitting the blue image button I hit the blue activate button, whoops. Maybe the image wording could be changed from blue to something different so we don't keep accidentally doing that, I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Thank you!

Feature wanted.

The ability to scan the POG header label (or type it in) and then see a list of all the labels associated with it. Good for printing missing/lost labels with a portable (or sign) printer. Instead of printing every label in the POG for just that one.
I've been asking for a feature like this since @OtherGuy was here.

Noticed a few changes today for pricing. No more salvage tickets printing! Stayed in the area I want to, didn't get kicked out. Also there's a little link to see the image from the black area at the bottom. It was kind of hard to then close out that window with the image though, hitting the little x was rough. And of course instead of hitting the blue image button I hit the blue activate button, whoops. Maybe the image wording could be changed from blue to something different so we don't keep accidentally doing that, I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Thank you!

I noticed this change too. Having a quick image of what you're looking for is a job-changer! Note: You don't need to hit the little 'X' to close the image - just touch the greyed out background and the image goes away. Bug tho: if you scan another item while the image is still on the screen, mywork blocks up and needs a restart.

Also, there are now on-hand numbers posted on the list screen!! This is great, and saves us from searching for things that aren't there.

Still waiting for a fix for all pathing issues - still had a few today and an 'activate all zeroes' option.

All told, this was a great update for price change!

I noticed this change too. Having a quick image of what you're looking for is a job-changer! Note: You don't need to hit the little 'X' to close the image - just touch the greyed out background and the image goes away. Bug tho: if you scan another item while the image is still on the screen, mywork blocks up and needs a restart.

Also, there are now on-hand numbers posted on the list screen!! This is great, and saves us from searching for things that aren't there.

Still waiting for a fix for all pathing issues - still had a few today and an 'activate all zeroes' option.

All told, this was a great update for price change!

quick image, oh and On hand number posted on the list screen? awesome. cant wait for more! i wonder when ours will update.

Back