MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Wow I'm surprised a lot of people don't like the iPods in the sleds. I love them and have yet to have any problems with them. I prefer iOS over any other operating system.
I cut my teeth on an apple 2e. But these were never made for this and it's just not working. All the same charging issues teens have but in a job where it simply had to work...

...I've watched the androids at home depot. They blow the panties off a myDevice. Plus theirs have an integrated phone...no more red phones to fight would rock.

Knowing Spot, they'll stick to iOS so they won't have to spend a ton of $$ redeveloping the apps they already have.
That would mean we won't get new devices for a few years at least. I was pretty sure I heard that Apple isn't making any more generations of the iPod Touch.

It looks like the sled spot is considering requires an iPhone though.

All the iTouch was an iPhone without the phone radio in it. So they can just not use the phone part of any iPhone and you have an endless supply of these crap devices.

And for any of the teams who do production work like pricing and In-stocks they are crap always will be crap. You can't engineer a fundamental flaw out of a bad design.

The tools should keep up with the user not make the user slow down for the tool.

And they're removing the quick check app from the Deli mydevice! UGH. When are we getting a new app? No clue! 2017 sometime. I hate using the written logs.

I just hate the sleds. The apps and device are fine for what they do. The sleds break and we can't do anything about it.

I'm not a fan of the unchangeable batteries either. When the battery dies, that ipod is useless for a few hours

I just hate the sleds. The apps and device are fine for what they do. The sleds break and we can't do anything about it.

I'm not a fan of the unchangeable batteries either. When the battery dies, that ipod is useless for a few hours

More like a few days. Because it'll never charge fully. Mostly because we have nowhere near the amount of MyDevices that we need and if you put one up to charge someone will go and take it

More like a few days. Because it'll never charge fully. Mostly because we have nowhere near the amount of MyDevices that we need and if you put one up to charge someone will go and take it

Overnight stores its even worse. I have had days we could NOT DO OUR JOB cause we had NO charged equipment. Sure here fill the floor with no equipment. I had a 4hr shift and did nothing but zoning cause no equipment.. Thanks spot for the great design and cheapness so that stores have half the equipment they really need.

Corporate has to listen and hear what we are saying in the stores. At minimum, any new scanning device MUST have a swappable battery to power the device so it will scan. So, don't give a second thought to iPhone 6 and another Honeywell sled.

Corporate has to listen and hear what we are saying in the stores. At minimum, any new scanning device MUST have a swappable battery to power the device so it will scan. So, don't give a second thought to iPhone 6 and another Honeywell sled.
Took them long enough. I think that showed they have no idea how stores operate.

I have been replacing the battery fresh for my POG team by swapping the sled battery for the guest service registry My Devices. They are usually never used and will charge to full before store open.

Just need a T6 torx driver. ;)

I have been replacing the battery fresh for my POG team by swapping the sled battery for the guest service registry My Devices. They are usually never used and will charge to full before store open.

That's a great idea, but it's beyond ridiculous that we are having to resort to that to have usable equipment that is required to do our jobs.

Last edited:

I have a T6 and nope not doing that. The store can just pay me to do almost nothing. Not my fault they can't give me the tools to do my job so when its not done for that reason its on them. The days of me breaking my back to get it done are long over.

I recall the new CEO saying that technology would be a top priority for store teams over a year ago. These MyDevices are utter garbage. Just like the PDA and LPDA, LRT.... You'll have very few that actually work well and fast. The others are crap.

How are the threadings on the sleds holding up? I opened one and noticed that the screws just threaded into the plastic. Definitely not meant to be regularly unscrewed.

I recall the new CEO saying that technology would be a top priority for store teams over a year ago. These MyDevices are utter garbage. Just like the PDA and LPDA, LRT.... You'll have very few that actually work well and fast. The others are crap.
There's only so many commercially available options out there. It's most likely the target software that fucks them up. Hd had a similar lpda that was qwerty and it was awesome. We bought the cheap ones...duh.

Back