MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Sharing this here; idk who we have here that works on MyDevices but

There needs to be a way to mass-edit capacities. Something on the POG screen that you can tap and then go to this:

4Qtavxx.png

That doesn't address the problem, you're just putting a band-aid on it. I assume (because it would be ridiculous if this wasn't the case) that Target documents the dimensions of every single product that is sold in the stores. From those dimensions, planograms are created and capacities are calculated. Fix the error that is causing these capacity errors so stores can stop wasting payroll changing capacities all day long.

That doesn't address the problem, you're just putting a band-aid on it. I assume (because it would be ridiculous if this wasn't the case) that Target documents the dimensions of every single product that is sold in the stores. From those dimensions, planograms are created and capacities are calculated. Fix the error that is causing these capacity errors so stores can stop wasting payroll changing capacities all day long.
If that was fixed, then maybe they could add a capacity number to the labels? So at least Flow won't overstock—LOL. But they can be audited better, floor would replenish better. Wishful thinking.

Its all data entry errors I imagine. The pog creator is only as good as the dimensions given by the company. Any package changes, bonus packs, etc and the whole thing goes wrong. Or they populate the data with a generic number which is super small thus leading to 240 reaches per peg instead of 6.

I assume (because it would be ridiculous if this wasn't the case) that Target documents the dimensions of every single product that is sold in the stores.
They do. There is some obscure function in manhattan (the backend program for SFS) that I stumbled across once where I saw it listed the dimensions and weight for any item I had in an order.

So, previously, did they set capacity by hand or was another app used? Capacities were never off as much as they are now. When they were off it was usually for an understandable reason, such as a support pole went through the shelves.

Using POGs to fill the floor will never work like HQ thinks it will/should if capacities are not spot on. Having each store fix capacities is wasting so much money than having a decent app or a human doing it at HQ.

The company wants so much for automation to replace TMs that they will believe anything told to them by the app vendors and ignore what is happening in real life. Kind of reminds me of the supply problems they had with Canada.

I pushed all the way up as high as GVP asking for capacities on shelf labels. I was told that we can't do that because "too many capacities are incorrect." :/
The worst is when you correct them, only to get all that data replaced with garbage again in the next revision.
Yep to the revision part.

on the zebra site it mentions LTE connections, wonder if With the network upgrades it will allow use of those networks if the internal Network is down.

Is there a set date on when the new devices will be rolled out company wide?

So, previously, did they set capacity by hand or was another app used? Capacities were never off as much as they are now. When they were off it was usually for an understandable reason, such as a support pole went through the shelves.

Using POGs to fill the floor will never work like HQ thinks it will/should if capacities are not spot on. Having each store fix capacities is wasting so much money than having a decent app or a human doing it at HQ.

The company wants so much for automation to replace TMs that they will believe anything told to them by the app vendors and ignore what is happening in real life. Kind of reminds me of the supply problems they had with Canada.

Exactly like what happened in Canada. It's amazing that no one realized the measurements given would be in metric, so they inputted all the centimeters as inches.

on the zebra site it mentions LTE connections, wonder if With the network upgrades it will allow use of those networks if the internal Network is down.
maybe, or it uses it as back up. we use our closed garden center as an alcove and we get terrible wifi in there.

The Zebras have been working almost flawlessly so far. The only issue I had was myAlerts showing a blank screen once, but it fixed itself a few minutes later. They even have a feedback app so you can directly submit any problems.

The only downsides I have noticed is that Checkpoint isn't available yet, and there is no physical keyboard (making it unsuitable to eventually replace backroom functions). Oh and I think the myWork updates are a version or two behind the iPods, because we are still having the issue with POG batches not being clearly named and dropping into the CAFs.

Can someone tell me the point of the new batch system? I thought it was a great idea at first, but then I find out that it auto drops as a caf if the batch isn't made? I mean, I guess that's great for Plano, but not so great for backroom.

Can someone tell me the point of the new batch system? I thought it was a great idea at first, but then I find out that it auto drops as a caf if the batch isn't made? I mean, I guess that's great for Plano, but not so great for backroom.
I HATE it. There's no reason to make it hard to figure out who had what. Two flats of home from 6 plugs is complete crap and costs the pog team precious time sorting it on the floor.

I HATE it. There's no reason to make it hard to figure out who had what. Two flats of home from 6 plugs is complete crap and costs the pog team precious time sorting it on the floor.

I mention a few post ago about the POG batch naming issue and that it should show aisle numbers, but it never got fixed. So if we don't know which batch is our, we're like, fuck it, just leave it in the system.

I mention a few post ago about the POG batch naming issue and that it should show aisle numbers, but it never got fixed. So if we don't know which batch is our, we're like, fuck it, just leave it in the system.
Our brtl is a complete spaz.... he won't let it set one the line for more then 20 mins before bitching. Even if he can't remember if it was pog, auto, or research. Because heaven forbid it drop into a caf and he has to pull it then.

You do know you can see the batch name when you scan the pog header, right? Not that difficult to write it down so you know what's yours.

That being said, yes, it would be way more helpful to have the batches named like they used to be.

Just a general rant..

So fucking tired of the apple logo of death.. We are up 16 devices that have died with this BS.. We have others that have scanners that are busted but we can't send them out cause we have so many already out.. We have 28 total devices.. This is getting ridiculous. And waiting weeks to get them back is not cool..

We need equipment to do our damn jobs!!!!!!

/rant

You do know you can see the batch name when you scan the pog header, right? Not that difficult to write it down so you know what's yours.

That being said, yes, it would be way more helpful to have the batches named like they used to be.
Bath 9 doesn't mean the same to me it does to backroom... no reason to change it to generic batch area versus where it was tied to.

Just a general rant..

So fucking tired of the apple logo of death.. We are up 16 devices that have died with this BS.. We have others that have scanners that are busted but we can't send them out cause we have so many already out.. We have 28 total devices.. This is getting ridiculous. And waiting weeks to get them back is not cool..

/rant

Then they have the audacity to get upset when you don't want to pull out your phone to help a guest.

Just a general rant..

/rant
Soon. Soon the apple will be eaten by the Zebra. Giving literal meaning to the missing chunk of their logo. ;)

Back