Archived Target stores open until 9pm on christmas EVE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be at all possible to drop a christmas eve shift?
im only a seasonal member so i doubt i would have any kind of priority but were have a christmas party at my house this year i wont be able to even be there if im working till 9.

So this is the year Target decides that miniscule profits are more important than their working TMs having Christmas dinner or time with their family. I would love to see the people in downtown Minneapolis working till 9PM Christmas Eve and see what they think of it all.

oh gee...some news to look forward to on Wednesday, as I was off today. Either way, doesn't bother me none because I am scheduled as the closing LOD on Christmas Eve working 2pm--11pm. The Sr. TL Softlines will also be closing with me and so too will the STL.

If only. It seem like a bad dream at this point. I am so close to clicking send on an emial addressed to Gregg... but it's not worded so well so I may have to revise it.

I've never seen Target grasp so desperately - at - every - last - dollar. . .

While I am not too upset with the news of us staying open later, all of the things about Target are really concerning to me! When a lot of us started, there were things that we would say we would never do because we wanted to be the "best company ever" and nothing like Walmart! Yet our decisions being made are nothing but following the big blue's lead? We follow them with Black Friday, we try and beat them on xmas eve, and there are districts I have heard testing "door greeters" this month!!! We have door greeters and yet the checklanes are backed up +3 all the way down! We have pallets on the floor during the big save... the list goes on! Sometimes I wonder if the decisions being made are really for what works best in our stores, or if we are just settling for good enough and pocketing the cash? Eventually that attitude will come back to hurt us!

Venting on here since I have to stay quiet about my concerns within my store :)

Everyone was pretty ticked at my store when this was announced. Being open at midnight on Black Friday was an epic failure for us, and our STL said that Christmas Eve is usually pretty quiet in the evening, so this is looking like another waste of time. Being ULV our STL said we only needed a couple of TMs to stay until 9, so most will be unaffected by the decision. The problem we'll have is that we're in a big slump with sales, so unless people suddenly decide to shop at our store it's only going to cause us to struggle more.

While I am not too upset with the news of us staying open later, all of the things about Target are really concerning to me! When a lot of us started, there were things that we would say we would never do because we wanted to be the "best company ever" and nothing like Walmart! Yet our decisions being made are nothing but following the big blue's lead? We follow them with Black Friday, we try and beat them on xmas eve, and there are districts I have heard testing "door greeters" this month!!! We have door greeters and yet the checklanes are backed up +3 all the way down! We have pallets on the floor during the big save... the list goes on! Sometimes I wonder if the decisions being made are really for what works best in our stores, or if we are just settling for good enough and pocketing the cash? Eventually that attitude will come back to hurt us!

It's true.. i was one of the lucky ones who was door greeter the other day.

Target has officially gone from being hilariously bad to just plain sad.

This Sunday we were given a budget of $95K and then no sales floor until 3PM. During that time the ETL's started to push us to ask every guest CIHYFS and then get them a basket/cart.

How is that physically possible? I know that quantum physics let's matter be in two places at one time but we have LONG since passed those particular laws of physics on our upward sized-induced layers of matter.

Seriously, Corporate, how is that even within mental reasoning for people over six months old? Two people, electronics and fitting room with the process teams, cannot get guest service to all of the available guests who need it. Guests who cannot find team members to help them buy stuff will not buy it. For instance: If a person wants to buy a Christmas tree but cannot find Christmas tree then what are they supposed to do? They are not going to call for a team member or pick up the telephone if they are 90% of guests, they are just going to leave and go to a store that actually respects them.

Now, I know that you missed your November sales goal but it wasn't because there wasn't a lack of effort for your team members. It's because we CANNOT SERVICE the guests. You cannot cut the bone anymore because it's turned into dust.

P.S. Please tell me the guest service scores that are done in the store are not weighted as much as the ones done at home are. That would just be frightening/predictable.

I agree - and I am grateful for this forum for the same reason you are.

So much for work/life balance.

So I did the overnight into thanksgiving opened black Friday I work open the weekend of new years and I wasn't given an option I'm closing Christmas eve because I'm high spirited and I'll keep tm's spirits up. Right because I'm cheerful and can handle a lot of stress and figure out things when there was lack of planning I get rewarded by missing yet another holiday with my family. My cousin home from the marines this year for Christmas = I'm ticked I'm glad I have a job but why strive for more when I'll just get taken advantage of over and over again?

I swear we are becoming an overpriced version of Walmart. I have never seen Target so out of ideas. Well I am sure some of HQ wants to pad that bonus so all you store people go on and get it for them. Best Company ever my ass.

My ap team member was converted into greeter. He now just stands by the door handing out ads and gets carts for guests. He HATES it!

Wow, this, okay, Black Friday, wasn't too thrilled about but lived with it, but hello!!!!!!!!! this is Christmas, and as a Christian, it is sacred, not for the dumb commericalism bull************ that Corporate makes it out to be but for religious reasons. Next thing you know it will be one day at a huddle and your LOD say "Alright guys, news from Corporate, we are now going to be open on every major holiday!!!!" Corporate is just a greedy now, I use to think it was from a business standpoint , but now it is just getting ridiculous, I hope I get the early morning shift I requested on Christmas eve, or else I might not think about coming in.

Looks like they're hiring the fresh out of college people at corporate level too....fresh out of BAD colleges apparently.

All this crap corporate is doing lately is what you're told in like your first business class NOT TO DO

Funny...we as a whole got absolutely murdered on Black Friday as far as sales/payroll goes, so they decide to stay open even LATER on Christmas eve? I can see January is gonna be full of 10 hour weeks. Bad enough no one but team leads at the store are scheduled over 25 hours. I just can't believe them...how stupid do you have to be to NOT use common sense? We struggle with Black Friday, so they panic and slash hours during a time when we COULD make back those sales. "Oh, maybe we shouldn't have scheduled those extra 20 people on Black Friday. Ok cut the hours."

When we're open extended hours, and the salesfloor looks exactly as it did back in September, that's just pathetic. We don't get any salesfloor TM's until 7pm. You can imagine how well that goes. When guests are lining up at the front complaining about how no one is around to help them, isn't that just a tad bit pathetic? But when the store is dead from 7:30 to 11, we have a huge team on, that we then have to let out of the building at 11:30 with mountains of reshop and a terrible zone because we're over payroll. I'm just so tired of having to tell guests "I'm sorry it seems we don't have anyone available to help over in that area...I'm sorry."

And seeing how we have to payback all those loans next year...I can see this going well. Company is going to hell in a handbasket

Definitely a lot more annoying than Black Friday.... 9pm? So much for Christmas Eve with the family.

My ap team member was converted into greeter. He now just stands by the door handing out ads and gets carts for guests. He HATES it!

He/she is supposed to be at the doors 75% of the time anyway. Handing a basket to the guests isn't that big of a deal.

Well thanks to this thread I was able to let my ETL-HL know about it before I left work yesterday afternoon, now the question is whether the STL has told anyone yet. My ETL was POd since she's closing that night and hadn't heard anything before I mentioned it.

1) according to what I read, we were always going to be open til 8pm this year, so 9 isn't much of a leap.

2) You are all going to crucify me for saying this, but I feel like you are making mountains out of molehills. And, frankly I'm slightly offended. Us Jews, we don't get any time off for our holidays. You get Christmas day off. You should be grateful for that. If a Jewish person (or any other religion for that matter) wants a day off for a holiday they have to request it unpaid, use up vacation time, or rearrange their schedule to work one of their normal days off. I find that monstrously unfair, and feel like you should be grateful for that one guaranteed day off. If you knew you had plans for xmas eve, you should have put in a request off ages ago. Even if they deny it, you would have tried. Being open an extra hour or two is no real hardship. (unlike black friday when we opened 8 hours earlier than normal).

I'm honestly more concerned with the way our payroll hours have been cut in the busiest month of the year to a skeleton crew that cannot get all the work done no matter how hard they try....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back