MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct. You know, call me dumb but I don't know why some items are Discontinued-NCF and others are Active-NCF. Does active stuff come back around for the next season, or is it more like Active means it's not on any current markdown program? Don't all NCF items hit clearance status eventually?

I've never seen Discontinued-NCF before, just Discontinued. I wondered if Active-NCF meant that the item is not on the next plano but hasn't been discontinued yet (because it's still active). Then again, as my username implies, I know nothing.

IMO, I think tha discontinued ncf, were under active ncf from last year. I notice alot toys from were hot items last year, are now dust collectors under discontinued due to lack of sales now.

Never mind, I did encounter an item yesterday that was Discontinued-NCF. What is the difference between Discontinued and Discontinued-NCF?

In stores that actually have hours allocated to the sales floor team, sales floor TMs usually push them.

Wait, there are stores that get hours allocated to Sales Floor? We've had weeks before where Sales Floor got 200 hours, and that's including TL hours, too. We're a C volume store and it was right around this time of the year, but still...

Yeah we (BR Day TMs) used to have to push and pull the CAFs back when they dropped every 2 hours (a practice that ended probably 3-4 years ago) but since the change to hourly CAFs our SF TMs are supposed to push them. Not that ETLs don't constantly ask us to help push them anyway... "Hey I know you have a lot of backstock in your own workcenter to do, but how about you come push for us since we have to severely underschedule the Sales Floor?"

What's an adjacency?

In Hardlines, the merchandise is arranged on shelves in aisles which stay in place (unless you're remodeling) according to a planogram. In Softlines, most of the merchandise is on racks and tables which move around. Each rack and table has a number (similar to aisle numbers), and the adjacency determines how they are arranged for a particular set.

Thanks. So they're adjacent to each other? That's why the tables are not in numerical order?

Actually you number sl gondolas first, tables second and walls third. All other convertibles are numbered after that.

The tables/convertibles don't stay in order because they are moved so often and no one bothers to put them back in order. On the adjacency, they give them block numbers which is different than the numbers you actually see on the table itself. Unless you are setting an adjacency, you probably won't pay much attention to block numbers.

Speaking of softlines numbering, are all fixtures on the floorpad supposed to have a number or only fixtures that have a planogram? In my store, everything is numbered (RTW has almost a hundred fixtures) whereas my TL training store only had numbers on the fixtures that had planograms on them (and hence were on the Instocks task list)

Speaking of softlines numbering, are all fixtures on the floorpad supposed to have a number or only fixtures that have a planogram? In my store, everything is numbered (RTW has almost a hundred fixtures) whereas my TL training store only had numbers on the fixtures that had planograms on them (and hence were on the Instocks task list)

At my store, all the racks have numbers, but they're essentially meaningless because the hanging items aren't located anyways - only those on gondolas, tables, walls, and peghooks on random units.

And any signs for hanging items will scan as 'Not on Planogram' so you can't use a gun like you can with hardlines.
The only way you can set is by using the adjacency.
The one problem the crops up there is sometimes the picture changes from when the adjacency is printed and the signs go out.

Few questions.

1. What's a TSC? Target Store Client or Team Service Center? Explain please what it is.

2. Remind me of what QMOS is again. I think it's Quantity Marked Out of System, but not sure.

3. Is there such a thing called a SFT and is that like a Maintenance guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back