MEGATHREAD Target Talk (Definitions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is how you do a miss pick right?

1.Mspk

2. Scan dc label, which is the white strip the scanners circle on the line.

3. Scan the bar code of the item in the box.

4. Key in how much product in the box

that's it right. After that it should take back to the scan dc screen.

Ok this is how you do a miss pick right?

1.Mspk

2. Scan dc label, which is the white strip the scanners circle on the line.

3. Scan the bar code of the item in the box.

4. Key in how much product in the box

that's it right. After that it should take back to the scan dc screen.
Yes.

I was told by softlines TL that "ready-to-wear" was named such because it came pre-washed and was ready to wear.

I was told by softlines TL that "ready-to-wear" was named such because it came pre-washed and was ready to wear.

ALWAYS, & I REPEAT, ALWAYS, WASH "New" Clothing before wearing it...

There's a ton of interesting Chemicals on those "New" clothes (Optical Brighteners, Dyes, Anti-Mold, and even Bug Pesticides) that can mess with your skin. Plus, if you grabbed it from Clearance just think about how many times it may have been tried on..

They were wrong. I bet they don't wash their produce before they eat it because its fresh!

Not sure if you we're looking for the real meaning, but ready-to-wear is a fashion term that means the clothes comes in predetermined standardized sizes (s,m,l, etc.) as opposed to tailor-made clothing that will most definitely fit you much better (if you have a decent tailor) because it is designed specifically for your measurements.

From wikipedia;
Ready-to-wear or prêt-à-porter (pronounced: [pʁɛ.ta pɔʁ.te]; often abbreviated RTW; "off-the-rack" or "off-the-peg" in casual use) is the term for factory-made clothing, sold in finished condition, in standardized sizes, as distinct from made to measure or bespoke clothing tailored to a particular person's frame. Off-the-peg is sometimes used for items which are not clothing, such as handbags.
Ready-to-wear has rather different connotations in the spheres of fashion and classic clothing. In the fashion industry, designers produce ready-to-wear clothing intended to be worn without significant alteration, because clothing made to standard sizes fits most people. They use standard patterns, factory equipment, and faster construction techniques to keep costs low, compared to a custom-sewn version of the same item. Some fashion houses and fashion designers produce mass-produced and industrially manufactured ready-to-wear lines, while others offer garments that, while not unique, are produced in limited numbers.

ALWAYS, & I REPEAT, ALWAYS, WASH "New" Clothing before wearing it...

There's a ton of interesting Chemicals on those "New" clothes (Optical Brighteners, Dyes, Anti-Mold, and even Bug Pesticides) that can mess with your skin. Plus, if you grabbed it from Clearance just think about how many times it may have been tried on..

They were wrong. I bet they don't wash their produce before they eat it because its fresh!

Or those people who eat (unwashed) grapes as there roaming the store...

I have always wondered what MPG stans for. Anyone know?

Merchandise Presentation Guide. When an aisle goes MPG [number] weeks before a reset, that's when you do your PTMs. Your goal is to get all the discontinued and non-carry forward merchandise out of the backroom so it can sell before it hits clearance, so MPG allows you to flex to fill in holes in the aisle. If you stay on top of your PTMs, you're killing two birds with one stone - you're getting merchandise out to the floor so it can be sold and keeping the aisle Full and Impactful.

What does SDA stand for? I hear it all the time in the backroom.

It stands for Suspect Date Audit. Its for items that were previously put into the application as having "short dates" or are expiring soon. The Suspect Date Audit pulls you to those items the day before they expire.

You typically put items in there if they expire withing 30 days (7 for dairy). I'm not sure if it is used for produce. I'm at a very low volume store and our food doesn't move very fast, so I would sometimes put things in there that expired a couple of months away if I suspected they wouldn't all sell.

What does SDA stand for? I hear it all the time in the backroom.

It stands for Suspect Date Audit. Its for items that were previously put into the application as having "short dates" or are expiring soon. The Suspect Date Audit pulls you to those items the day before they expire.

You typically put items in there if they expire withing 30 days (7 for dairy). I'm not sure if it is used for produce. I'm at a very low volume store and our food doesn't move very fast, so I would sometimes put things in there that expired a couple of months away if I suspected they wouldn't all sell.

Thank you!

Detrashing just means in boxing the product and removing any packing materials. Snowglobes and Christmas ornaments require so much detrashing. Really anything in decorative home requires an excessive amount of detrashing. If I'm pushing a salesplanner or caf for decorative home I'll usually detrash in receiving so I don't make a mess on the salesfloor.

Detrashing just means in boxing the product and removing any packing materials. Snowglobes and Christmas ornaments require so much detrashing. Really anything in decorative home requires an excessive amount of detrashing. If I'm pushing a salesplanner or caf for decorative home I'll usually detrash in receiving so I don't make a mess on the salesfloor.

Especially those damn lamps.

Especially those damn lamps.

The idea of de-trashing makes me want to throw a brick at someone's head after all the pallets of Neiman Marcus I had to de-trash last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back